The player who left thread | Page 340 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

The thing is only Villa fans really know if he's been below par. Most would look at him last night and still think he's a good game. We know he's capable of so much more. I'd rather have a 6/7 out of 10 Grealish performance than a 10 out 10 from nearly anyone else.

The thing is only Villa fans really know if he's been below par. Most would look at him last night and still think he's a good game. We know he's capable of so much more. I'd rather have a 6/7 out of 10 Grealish performance than a 10 out 10 from nearly anyone else.
Yep Newcastle fans we saying he was a different level, just like England fans were when we all knew how good he really is

I think he's doing fine. Most good stuff still goes through him. Can understand the frustration at coming off, he wants to be on the pitch but if DS is concerned about Jack's hamstring then it's the right decision. Don't think he'll dwell on it; he'll be even more keen to get to the next game. But I did think he looked exhausted coming off, and was blowing a bit earlier, so maybe he's not 100%.

It doesn't seem that long ago when we were 'replying' so heavily on Jack nearly every bloody game.

Thankfully, we are no longer in that dark place. Thankfully we have others now who can change a match if Jack isn't quite on it in one match etc.

That is a measure of how far we have come in such a relatively short time. Which indeed makes me comfortable in the feeling Jack won't be going anywhere. He is captaining his beloved Villa, we are challenging for a Europa League spot next season, so why would he want to go anywhere. It would take an amazing offer from one of the big European clubs to tempt him IMHO.

Funny, one of those performances where he didn't totally dazzle, but (think anyone) still played a role in both goals.

Needs to remember he is the captain, it is a team game, if the manager thinks to bring him off, off he comes. Looked a bit silly his reaction, it was only a few minutes, he's on 4 yellows and had a little twinge of an injury.

All in all, great season so far, on the pitch.

I think he was pissed off because he is not now amongst the group of players who have played every minute of PL football this season - that will hurt and he knows the McGinn will take the piss over it. Dougie already has had a dig at his tantrums.
It has nowt to do with what Southgate thinks and everything to do with the fact that he wants to give everything for Villa.
I bet his taxi driver didn't get a tip last night too 🤣🤭

I think he was pissed off because he is not now amongst the group of players who have played every minute of PL football this season - that will hurt and he knows the McGinn will take the piss over it. Dougie already has had a dig at his tantrums.
It has nowt to do with what Southgate thinks and everything to do with the fact that he wants to give everything for Villa.
I bet his taxi driver didn't get a tip last night too 🤣🤭
That's precisely what it is he wanted to play every minute of 38 games, and now he can't. he's probably trying hard to not get booked too. Although dragging his elbow across Festers bald head thankfully went under the radar

He was beginning to look like a yellow card waiting to happen. Made sense to take him off.

Dean should have taken Jack off after an hour...to rest him.
Three mins from the end....what was the point of that?
Eventually perhaps next season we'll be good enough to do things like that, perhaps even rest him for games, not that he'll want a rest

Easy on the ears to hear Lineker, Wright and Jenas waxing lyrical about Jack on MotD last night.
"Not just England now... we're talking Footballer of the Year surely."
"He's the boss."
"It's his decision-making. He always makes the right decision."
"He just has to start for England. No question."

Um, I agree!