The player who left thread | Page 337 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Apparently Salah is really unhappy at Liverpool and will likely leave to Barcelona or Real Madrid and that's why Liverpool are now registering their interest.

I can't see him leaving for any amount of money unless Jack himself wanted to go, Let them talk it up, his price will only increase and make others notice Villa, could be a nice persuasion point for players we want to bring in telling them Grealish isn't going anywhere.

I dont think that was the reason for Durham doing the Jack feature, he did exactly the same story a few weeks back. The bloke is clueless - I always remember him calling for Matt Lowton to be called up to the England squad when he was playing for us. Must have based his opinion off 1 performance he had seen

I stopped listening to it and that clown 5 years ago , total wind up merchants to get a reaction and money out of idiots who phone in

You're right, but I find it funny when he's winding up the likes of Arsenal and Newcastle fans and they start calling in and having a meltdown over it. Some of shows on there still are worth a listen

Jack Grealish will not be leaving Aston Villa this transfer window or for the forseeable future.

Swaris and Eden are extremely wealthy men. They are wealthy because they are winners and want to win. If, as a businessman, you have a prize asset you do not sell it to your rival thus strengthening their position and weakening your own.

Swaris and Eden know that if they want their football team to progress and be winners they must hold on to players of Grealishs' ability and recruit more of the same.

Grealish will not ask for a transfer. He would see that as a betrayal. He couldn't live with not being loved by the Villa faithful and being booed at Villa Park.

Relax, have a great Christmas and New Year. Things will get better on all fronts this coming year.

Personally, on this and everything else, I am relaxed.

I just don't buy that ambitious players think of their clubs, over and above their careers.

He'd have been gone to Spurs if Levvy had matched the valuation, in my humble. And he'd have gone in the summer if not for Covid and/or Man Utd not matching the valuation. Think Smith even said himself no suitable bids had come in (or no bids, but clubs often ask, before submitting a formal bid)

What will be, will be. If we can keep him til the summer and really push on spending wise, there might indeed be no reason for him to go. But careers are short and players want to win now, not 'on a promise' ... and want to be in the CL.

I am not at all surprised at the press linking him to top clubs, would be more a shock if there weren't links would it not. He is, after-all, a top player and seems to be growing season-in season-out.

It's always the same people on Talkshyite (Durham & Andy Goldstien) and the likes of James Nursery at the Mirror who drag this up every transfer window.

It's nothing more than a couple of clowns trying to be shock-jocks on the radio desperately trying to gain attention and gutter press idiots like Nursery desperately in need of clickbait.

Bollocks to them and laugh at them as I do;)

Last edited:
When you have a team on the upward path being improved by the way we have from the last transfer window onwards, and the results are being delivered on the pitch, that must count with a player wondering whether he should move on or not. In the same way that loyalty to one's boyhood club isn't everything, neither is a move to a so-called big club. Jack's clearly enjoying himself here and his game is improving all the time. So long as everything stays on this upward trajectory I can't see him moving.

You get the odd top player like Le Tiss or Shearer who stick with non-elite clubs but you normally have to be winning trophies to keep Giggs, Scholes, Gerrard etc for life. Unless we can prove capable of that he has to go Liverpool, man City or a top European side one day.

Should be 2 more goals if he wasn't so generous to El Ghazi for the pens.

You can have no certainty on that. He missed the only Premier League penalty he's taken. I'd also say his delivery from dead balls is probably one of his weakest attributes.

I thought it has since come out that Jack handed the ball over at Wolves because El Ghazi is the best penalty taker on the training ground; so ultimately if he's on the pitch he should be taking them until that changes?

You can have no certainty on that. He missed the only Premier League penalty he's taken. I'd also say his delivery from dead balls is probably one of his weakest attributes.

I thought it has since come out that Jack handed the ball over at Wolves because El Ghazi is the best penalty taker on the training ground; so ultimately if he's on the pitch he should be taking them until that changes?

You're right, If El Ghazi is the best at taking them, then 100% he should be taking them, but you definitely wouldn't see any other captain who is greedy for goals to get his tally up do that.

Benefits us massively because he could well have 2 more goals to his name and make even bigger headlines.

Without doubt jack is player of the season so far, that rating given we are in reality a mid table team is incredible.

Set pieces - agree with Tierney on this, he really needs to work on set pieces. It isn’t a difficult thing to work on for a professional surely, his technique doesn’t support striking the ball cleanly with power, but from dead ball situations you can adapt to that quite easily.

You're right, If El Ghazi is the best at taking them, then 100% he should be taking them, but you definitely wouldn't see any other captain who is greedy for goals to get his tally up do that.

Benefits us massively because he could well have 2 more goals to his name and make even bigger headlines.

I don't think a couple of more goals from the spot is going to make any difference to the headlines that he has got tbh.

Best player in the league so far this season according to WhoScored.com

Yes, I said the other day he must be in contention for the Player of the Year award. None of the usual suspects are having stand out seasons so if he keeps this level of form up he's in with a strong shout.

I don't think a couple of more goals from the spot is going to make any difference to the headlines that he has got tbh.

You're probably right, but 2 goals get's him 9th top scorer instead of 12th, who knows how many more pens he'll pass up.

Unfortunately that's how players are ranked, especially would help him get player of the season because he will be against players who are taking all the pens to notch their goal tally up.