The player who left thread | Page 303 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

To be uber critical , having got into that position , he should have scored.
As I was watching it live, there were two moments where the pass to Watkins was on. But once he decided to keep it I was thinking he'd smash it into the roof of the net with defenders and GK all on the ground.
But, easy for me to say what he should have done..... No matter how fit you are, after running 100 yards with the ball and fending off about ten challenges you are knackered!

I love Jack. We all do. However, now he is surrounded by better quality players I have 3 words for him. PASS THE BALL

He believed in passing v Liverpool - it was wonderful to watch. Then he went to England and forgot!

Dean needs to be astute enough to see it and big enough to tell him. I know it is hard after what Jack did for the team for 3yrs - but we are moving forward - he needs to understand.

He believed in passing v Liverpool - it was wonderful to watch. Then he went to England and forgot!

Dean needs to be astute enough to see it and big enough to tell him. I know it is hard after what Jack did for the team for 3yrs - but we are moving forward - he needs to understand.

In fairness, he's run 70 yards mullered most of the Leeds team, there was no way he was passing that, just annoying that his shooting doesn't often match the rest of his game. Just needs to stay cool and pass it inside the post as he did against Liverpool not bladder it straight at the keeper .
If he wants to be a goal scorer he needs to practice his finishing

In fairness, he's run 70 yards mullered most of the Leeds team, there was no way he was passing that, just annoying that his shooting doesn't often match the rest of his game. Just needs to stay cool and pass it inside the post as he did against Liverpool not bladder it straight at the keeper .
If he wants to be a goal scorer he needs to practice his finishing

Very rarely does a run like that end with a goal - they are too shagged to make a decent effort. He is not Maradona. I don't hold that run against him.

Jack should get more goals BUT he should also pass quicker generally. The faster teams are beating the slower teams in this league.

Vote for Grealish

https://www.footballfancast.com/fan-awards

Nominees: Jack Grealish, Mohamed Salah
They say No.10s are going out of fashion – just look at Mesut Ozil’s plummet into obscurity at Arsenal – but Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish is nothing if not an epicentre of creativity, flair and netting prowess for the rest of Dean Smith’s side to revolve around.

Throughout the entire of the Premier League, Grealish ranks second for assists and tenth for goals, as well as fourth for dribbles per game and third for key passes per game. He also lays claim to arguably the most exceptional individual performance in the Premier League so far this season, inspiring Villa’s incredible 7-2 romping of Liverpool with two goals and three assists.

The vote thing is at the bottom of the article.