The player who left thread | Page 242 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

His fuck up during lockdown was foolish and he deserved some stick for it. But he's not doing anything now that hundreds of others aren't. Unless I've missed something, he's gone to Spain for a good piss up with a couple of mates and met up with some other footballers out there.
I know a few people over in Spain at the moment and it doesn't look like anyone locals or tourists are wearing masks on the beach or bars. I wouldnt travel there myself at the moment, but they've probably chartered a private jet and are keeping well away from most people anyway

His calve muscles are just unbelievable. People train all their lives and don't get muscle like that. His dad said they were there by the age of 3 when I had a very quick chat a year or so back.

Not so much the hair though thanks! LOL

Last edited:
Sod it, removed. Few more tens of thousands dead and people might start taking this seriously, until then, let them and everyone else do what they wish.

Last edited:
Oh and at the moment, some reports are saying only about 5% of us have had it. Be a bit more frightened people, this could kill tens of thousands more before this is over. But as long as some of the selfish ****s have had a good time, who cares right!?

And sorry, one of those days, after one of those weeks, after one of those months with the brain aches. Value your health people, it is utter shit when it is gone and when people risk that, I do get angry!

The Daily Fail are claiming manure will wait until towards the end of the window to bid for Grealish.
Is that after they have managed to get rid of Sanchez and his £560k a week wages.

Well Jack is top draw and Targett is pretty average so lifestyle obviously doesn't dictate how good you are.
I find this vilification of young men pretty depressing. Apart from sounding like an insult from the 90s, I think 'chav' a piss-poor way to dismiss a young man who excels in his profession and does a great deal for others.

When he behaves like a young man then he'll get respect but when he behaves like a yobbish idiot He won't.
As a footballer he is exceptional and the best footballer I've seen in a Villa shirt but as a lad he a complete yob thick yob as I said 5 years ago.
If you go back to the early pages od this thread it will tell you why, where he and his yob mates abused a lad I worked with

The Daily Fail are claiming manure will wait until towards the end of the window to bid for Grealish.
Is that after they have managed to get rid of Sanchez and his £560k a week wages.

The Daily Mirror are claiming Manure wont put up with our bullying over Jack's fee! The poor lambs. How the fuck is putting a price tag on your best player classed as bullying?

Probably have indicated a high price I would imagine, if anyone has made an enquiry, at the very least I would expect his agent will have discussed such things with the club?

Probably have indicated a high price I would imagine, if anyone has made an enquiry, at the very least I would expect his agent will have discussed such things with the club?
I just don't think they would quote a price any more than anyone would say Dean Smith has 100m to spend, that's just media guesswork, all of a sudden the Twitterati get hold of it and the gullible think it's come from the club

I just don't think they would quote a price any more than anyone would say Dean Smith has 100m to spend, that's just media guesswork, all of a sudden the Twitterati get hold of it and the gullible think it's come from the club

Yeah, it is a funny old game though football, the gossip within is almost as bad as the gossip in the press really!

But agreed, they would be saying make us an offer, not we want £x million.

Top athletes who work towards peak fitness for an event like the Olympics are all aware that a couple of beers puts your programme back weeks. Jack clearly doesn't realise that having a few beers affects his ability and his fitness as witnessed by his recent admission that he wasn't fit after project restart. With more players maintaining peak fitness than ever before, you can no longer get by on talent alone.

Top athletes who work towards peak fitness for an event like the Olympics are all aware that a couple of beers puts your programme back weeks. Jack clearly doesn't realise that having a few beers affects his ability and his fitness as witnessed by his recent admission that he wasn't fit after project restart. With more players maintaining peak fitness than ever before, you can no longer get by on talent alone.
Agreed and we all know with Grealish that it's a lot more than a 'few' beers.

To bring this thread back on track, can I just say what a marvelous footballer Jack is and I'm hoping to god that he stays for another season.

I was 99% convinced he'd be gone last season, whether we stayed up or not, but it's starting to look more and more likely that we may get to keep him for another year, and we just have to count our blessings if we do.

If we can put some quality out there alongside him then fingers crossed it will elevate his game onto yet another level.