The player who left thread | Page 241 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

We don't return to training for another 2 weeks anyway, so think they all timed their hols and and return from hols well enough.

John McGinn was on holiday with him too, along with several other premier league footballers, but only Jack seems to get it in the neck?

This is the Jack Grealish thread, we don't have one for Deli Ali here strangely!

Not seen the McGinn pictures. He's also, obviously, an idiot then and doesn't care about those dying and the NHS.

None of them are following the rules, doesn't matter though, they are PL footballers and must be worshipped. And there are loads of other fucktards in the world as well, hence so many have died I guess.

but overall I don’t begrudge them a little fun.

There is a pandemic on, have we not all, effectively, been begrudged a bit of fun?

I have no objection to all the rules going and let the chips fall where they may, if not we should all try to follow them as closely as possible.

im always caught in two minds on this.
I don’t agree with footballers getting the tests over nhs etc etc but that is probably for another thread anyway.

but regarding his lifestyle specifically.... I think about when I was 24.... I know they are pampered prvellaged footballers but they are also human beings.
As long as it’s a break during the summer and not during the season I don’t really care.

what is a bit annoying is all the show off social media posts especially with what’s happening in the world.

but overall I don’t begrudge them a little fun.
This is fair but it also separates the greats from the rest, Grealish will never be a great player and his lifestyle will contribute to that.

I've got to admit I'm not even sure what the rules are when travelling abroad for holiday. Do you still have to social distance and wear masks in holiday resorts? Even though you are quarentining when you get back?

It's all a bit confusing to me. Seems pointless going on holiday if all you can do is sit in a hotel room with your partner, so why are we even allowing it?

I just assumed you could go away, enjoy your holiday then quarentine when you get back, but if they are breaking the rules then fair enough thats daft.

I don't understand any of it any more.

I also can't be holier than though as I personally am starting to get back to normality as much as I can. Been for a few drinks, a few meals, a theme park, a zoo, had a few bbq's and pretty sure I've broken a few rules along the way.... not intentionally but because the rules are very ambigous and unclear.

The test lets you know if you have it, it doesn't prevent you getting it.

Sensible behaviour prevents you from getting it and that seems lost on footballers especially the thick ones Like Jack, let's hope he doesn't come back as a carrier and give it his 85-year-old Grandad. I don't even think that's entered that empty vessel head of his

Straying back to the covid thread, but holidays just sound pointless to me right now, especially with the quarantine when you return.

Rules for Spain

Key ‘new normal’ measures include:

• social distancing of 1.5-metres.
  • obligatory use of face masks in public spaces (see ‘Use of facemasks’).
  • track and trace – all shops, businesses and transport companies are obliged to keep passengers’ contact information (where provided) for up to 4 weeks for tracking and tracing purposes.
  • abiding by any safety measures put in place by establishments such as hotels, bars, shops and restaurants to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
  • capacity restrictions in place at beaches such as the delineation of plots and the use of booking systems. You should refer to local authorities for information on the measures in place.
  • if visitors test positive or develop symptoms during their stay in Spain, they may be moved to specific designated accommodation to prevent further spread.
  • wash your hands frequently and thoroughly and use hand sanitizer gel where soap and water is not available.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/coronavirus-

Well Jack is top draw and Targett is pretty average so lifestyle obviously doesn't dictate how good you are.
I find this vilification of young men pretty depressing. Apart from sounding like an insult from the 90s, I think 'chav' a piss-poor way to dismiss a young man who excels in his profession and does a great deal for others.

Off the field he reverts to type a complete Chav, then you see Matt Targett away on the Greek islands with his girlfriend two completely different lads.

Sensible behaviour prevents you from getting it and that seems lost on footballers especially the thick ones Like Jack, let's hope he doesn't come back as a carrier and give it his 85-year-old Grandad. I don't even think that's entered that empty vessel head of his

Lost on so many idiots it appears mate, agreed, not just this lot! think there are more youngsters getting it now, according to a report on newsnight, maybe because they are following the rules less, or maybe it is just mutating and grabbing younger folk as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...nfected-with-covid-19-as-cases-surge-globally

More Young People Are Getting COVID-19: What That Means for the Outbreak. Young adults are accounting for a large share of new cases of COVID-19. Although younger adults are less likely than older adults to develop severe infections, some of them do develop serious and even life threatening symptoms and complications.25 Jun 2020
More Young People Are Getting COVID-19: What That Means

The World Health Organisation has warned that young people could be driving spikes in coronavirus across Europe, with the continent said to be on the edge of a second wave.

The organisation's Europe director has said that a higher proportion of new cases are being seen among the young.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...ame-for-a-new-rise-in-covid-19-cases-12039185

Last edited:
Well Jack is top draw and Targett is pretty average so lifestyle obviously doesn't dictate how good you are.
I find this vilification of young men pretty depressing. Apart from sounding like an insult from the 90s, I think 'chav' a piss-poor way to dismiss a young man who excels in his profession and does a great deal for others.

You don't generally get vilified for no reason Lew... there are loads of young footballers who don't get vilified. What you do on the pitch is very important, how you are measured as a person is off field as well, or more so.

He hardly excelled during lockdown for instance.

There is a pandemic on, have we not all, effectively, been begrudged a bit of fun?

I have no objection to all the rules going and let the chips fall where they may, if not we should all try to follow them as closely as possible.

I don't disagree on that front, maybe my post wasn't clear enough. I was intending to comment more on the perceptions of his "lifestyle" aside from the virus (as I thought maybe that would be something more specific to the virus thread) and perceptions of footballers in general.

I hate the lauding of it on social media and that is of course made worse by social circumstances and actually maybe it's not possible to separate the two at the moment, but that was my intention.

This is fair but it also separates the greats from the rest, Grealish will never be a great player and his lifestyle will contribute to that.

I agree - Ronaldo is a bit of a one off imho - his sheer unwavering desire to be the best of the best. The stories you hear about him in training tell you a lot about him and that's why he's at the very top.

It is indeed what separates.

I don't disagree on that front, maybe my post wasn't clear enough. I was intending to comment more on the perceptions of his "lifestyle" aside from the virus (as I thought maybe that would be something more specific to the virus thread) and perceptions of footballers in general.

I hate the lauding of it on social media and that is of course made worse by social circumstances and actually maybe it's not possible to separate the two at the moment, but that was my intention.

Yeah, all fair comments and with that, I for sure do not expect them to be saints, as long as they behave when they should - during the season when they are paid a kings ransom to be fit. I don't really mind what they do, within reason, and they are young and not always that sharp (or life experienced).

But at the moment.

And yes, social media. Have to say, since lockdown, bit before actually, I've really cut down on it. I love this place, we can disagree and usually all still have a laugh at the end of our hizzy fits. Twitter especially, but also facebook, is just a place for anger or the opposite, as you say, lauding the rich and famous (to a sickening degree!)

Just think, with this particular instance, having been so spectacularly wrong during lockdown (and returning not fit as he admitted) he could probably have been a bit more cautious during this summer break.

But whatever!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I agree - Ronaldo is a bit of a one off imho - his sheer unwavering desire to be the best of the best. The stories you hear about him in training tell you a lot about him and that's why he's at the very top.

It is indeed what separates.

Yes, Men's Health often feature top stars and sports people, they usually get 2-3 pages. The one on him, a few years ago, must have been 10 or so. He was so interesting in his passion, fitness, views etc.

I digress!

Yeah, all fair comments and with that, I for sure do not expect them to be saints, as long as they behave when they should - during the season when they are paid a kings ransom to be fit. I don't really mind what they do, within reason, and they are young and not always that sharp (or life experienced).

But at the moment.

And yes, social media. Have to say, since lockdown, bit before actually, I've really cut down on it. I love this place, we can disagree and usually all still have a laugh at the end of our hizzy fits. Twitter especially, but also facebook, is just a place for anger or the opposite, as you say, lauding the rich and famous (to a sickening degree!)

Just think, with this particular instance, having been so spectacularly wrong during lockdown (and returning not fit as he admitted) he could probably have been a bit more cautious during this summer break.

But whatever!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Yeah definitely, like Pangloss said it is that difference in attitude that probably is the difference between those that go on to be real greats. It doesn't look brilliant from him at all.

It really does my head in (the social media) - John Effing Terry at it as well, pics of him jetting off on a private plane ffs! After coaching one of the worst defences in the league, what a way to congratulate himself and make sure everyone knows what a wonderful time he is having! I wouldn't mind if he went off to be Bristol City's manager tbh.

Anyway I am massively digressing!.... back to the thread! :grinning:

Edit: sorry i keep doing something weird when I reply. Time to get back to the day job!

I cant see the problem Jack having a few beers during the off season and they arent getting as smashed as players were 20-30 years ago. The big difference now is there is always some knob taking snaps on their phone and trying to sell them to one of the media outlets. We also rarely get to hear of the good things some of them do off the pitch, people aren't interested in that.

I cant see the problem Jack having a few beers during the off season and they arent getting as smashed as players were 20-30 years ago. The big difference now is there is always some knob taking snaps on their phone and trying to sell them to one of the media outlets. We also rarely get to hear of the good things some of them do off the pitch, people aren't interested in that.

Absolutely none. This is the wider issue, and not just Jack, with a pandemic. After his massive indiscretion, you would imagine he'd have a bit more sense but evidently not.

Does it matter?

To a lot, it seems it doesn't. He would be better not representing this club as club captain, if he can't set an example surely?

I know I'm pissing in the wind somewhat, I would imagine people would share the thoughts if this was Deenay, or Savage, or even a lesser player in our squad.