The player who left thread | Page 226 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I have said it before and I will say it again. He realised at Saints away that we are a lost cause . His reaction at the final whistle said it all . It took him to carry us from August to February to realise this . I don't really blame him in all honesty. A Maradona, a thin Ronaldo were able to single handedly drag average teams to glory and Jack ain't one of them.

I have said it before and I will say it again. He realised at Saints away that we are a lost cause . His reaction at the final whistle said it all . It took him to carry us from August to February to realise this . I don't really blame him in all honesty. A Maradona, a thin Ronaldo were able to single handedly drag average teams to glory and Jack ain't one of them.

So the captain of the club gave up in February?

That was good of him. What a legend.

To be fair souness said some very complimentary things after the match RE us being a big club , great stadium , should be in Europe etc , I don’t like his dour attitude but he is Scottish so not really his fault

Personally speaking any venom I have towards souness is because he's a miserable tosser who was a thug as a player, a crap thug of a manager and now he's a crap pundit employed solely because he played for Liverpool in the 80s.

He's every miserable pub bore opposition fan telling me Grealish is too fancy, or a pussy or gay or some other load of bollocks.

As for his comments today. Another load of rubbish. Not seeing the pictures or something. Does he not have the most assists and goals in this team. Pretty sure if we had anyone who could put the ball in the back of the net he'd have a few more assists to his name as well. Add to that our front lines movement is god awful, a reoccurring problem for us unfortunately. Stick De Bruyne in our side and see how he'd do.

Still he's not been his usual self since the restart. He's taken a bit of time to get going at the beginning of the last 2 seasons so is it that? Is he already off in his head? Whatever it is a one man team doesn't deserve to stay in this league and Aston Villa should not ne a one man team. Whatever happens with Grealish we need remember how to play as a team again because for nearly 3 years we've been reliant on 1 player.

Don't think he's given up at all. Seems we take for granted a lot of things he does do. Today our midfield gave as good as it got, and Jack was a big part of that.

Grealish lacked quality today, he has since the restart, it's really bizarre. He is different player. For me his season really turned in the Arsenal game, he was terrific and showed real quality and pretty much didn't look back from thereon in. He's now playing closer to how he was prior to that game but IMO somewhat worse.

To my mind this reflects a lack of motivation and mental application. He's playing like he knows his future lies elsewhere.

Everything Souness said are things I’ve said a couple of times, albeit in a slightly different way. Good constructive criticism for Jack, being top of a “dribbles” or “most fouled list” is largely academic.

I agree with some things Souness says. Jack is not great without the ball. His attempts to press and get a tackle in at times are laughable. He turns his back and is very easily turned.

I do get the impression with some of his play that he’ll only look to pass it to certain players in the side. Otherwise he’ll turn back, run a bit and either get fouled or lose it. I don’t accept the lack of options or decent players to pass to. Quite often he has easy out balls which he ignores.

Everything Souness said are things I’ve said a couple of times, albeit in a slightly different way. Good constructive criticism for Jack, being top of a “dribbles” or “most fouled list” is largely academic.
Yep, some fans are attacking Souness out of myopia. Souness was a dirty player but also a great leader and was absolutely quality on the ball for his position, he also won more trophies than most who have put on a pair of boots. His criticism is absolutely spot on.

If Jack is a good as some make out then he would have started the restart period in top form showing some of his best football at a time where his club most need it. If he finishes the season putting in the same sorts of performances as he has done since the restart then serious questions will rightly be raised over his ability and consistency.