The player who left thread | Page 225 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I'd like to see him stay on his feet now and again as well. Falling over at every challenge, foul or not, really hurts us because the defence can reset and our set pieces are so dire.

I know he's the most fouled player in the league, but he really does go down far too easily for my liking.

At the start of the season, he was winning the fouls, and we were taking quick free kicks. Now he’s back to gobbing off at everyone

At the start of the season, he was winning the fouls, and we were taking quick free kicks. Now he’s back to gobbing off at everyone

yes the Man City goal the other night, Laporte? bangs diagonal to Foden? he takes it first time across the pitch and just before he's about to get clobbered he sets in Sterling who goes onto score

Now Jack would have taken that ball just the same only he'd have taken an extra touch and been fouled and not got the pass off which is why he's fouled so much

just read that man city are in he mix now god id love him to go to city if he was to go just to show utd they dont always there own way like they did for 20 years when they bought all there sucsess

If he goes this summer. Looking at the Utd squad I just don't know how he'd fit in. You've got pogba and bruno who can play where he does.
Then Rashford, Martial, Daniel James who can play wide. Grealish will want to start and be one of the main men and not sitting on the bench.
Then if the are only valuing Sancho at 50mil, what to they rate Grealish at?

Huge kick in the teeth for United if city steal him from under their noses.

Anyway, was there any substance in the house thing up north? Seems like a lot of unsubstantiated stories that I’ve just switched off even though I read a rumour every day.

Hard to say this, but he's downed tools since we came back. He plays with the handbrake on. I know we are shite etc etc but we were before lockdown yet he went looking for the ball, took risks, energised us, created chances etc. I see none of that now. The expression 'heads been turned' is a nauseating one but it always rings true ahead of big money moves. Not intentionally, but sub consciously not wanting to jeopardise that life changing move for the sake of a club you won't be part of in a few weeks. Why stretch that extra few cm and risk the muscle tear etc.

Souness just said what I've said, Jack is too slow on the ball, hence he gets so many tackles and therefore fouls against him. There might be an argument he has no one to pass to, but he does slow things down far too often.

Souness said as a midfielder, he'd love to play against him.

Souness just said what I've said, Jack is too slow on the ball, hence he gets so many tackles and therefore fouls against him. There might be an argument he has no one to pass to, but he does slow things down far too often.

Souness said as a midfielder, he'd love to play against him.
Cracking player in his own era but Souness would be a red card waiting to happen every week in the modern game. I think part of Jacks problem is having no confidence in the players around him. He’s always looking for a better option

Souness trying to pretend he knows something about football other than hacking people again. Laughable. Said it on another thread but for me it sums his view of football up, he took over the biggest and most successful team in Portugal and nit only failed to win anything but sold their young attacking midfielder Deco and replaced him with Brian Deane. If he'd ever been in charge here god forbid he'd have sold Jack when he was 20 and bought Steve Fletcher or someone similar.

Cracking player in his own era but Souness would be a red card waiting to happen every week in the modern game. I think part of Jacks problem is having no confidence in the players around him. He’s always looking for a better option

Oh for sure, he'd not survive in this namby pamby modern game, most of them wouldn't.

Looked a risk keeping him on today with what looked like an ankle problem. I'd have got him off, rest him for the game v Man Utd (sorry, but we never beat them buggers and they are fighting for points unlike Liverpool) and have him ready for Palace, if he truly is the key player.

Looked a risk keeping him on today with what looked like an ankle problem. I'd have got him off, rest him for the game v Man Utd (sorry, but we never beat them buggers and they are fighting for points unlike Liverpool) and have him ready for Palace, if he truly is the key player.
Smith post-match:

"Grealish & Tyrone both OK, strapping was too tight, it was giving his calf some problems. He played well in the No.10 position. Tyrone's fine, just a kick on the calf."