The player who left thread | Page 220 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Seems he hangs around with his old mates, he's in danger of becoming another Gazza or Gabby, never moved on socially. Jack needs to move away from the idiots who have influenced the likes of Barry Bannan Weiman and several others who couldn't get themselves out of the gutter socially. Such a talent but such a bell end, Thick as two planks and not captain material but the best footballer we have had in the last 50 years. Make Tyrone captain and free this lad up to just play his game

Gareth Barry should be a good example for him. There was a point in time where Barry wasn't really delivering what he could on the pitch and the main reason was his social life, mainly the influence of Lee Hendry. I've got a few stories which I won't share about their antics at a particular golf club where a family friend was a member at the time - basically heavy drinking and mischief on a regular basis.

Barry became a much better, much more focused player when we got rid of Hendry and he presumably smartened up with the the company he keeps off the pitch.

Jack likes a drink far too much - to me that enormous bender he went on (along with McGinn) after our promotion was a big red flag. A properly serious individual wouldn't be boozing that hard after getting promotion to the Premier League, it's not even a massive achievement in football, do you think Ronaldo would be doing that after winning the Champions League? Nope.

If you want to be a top player you live and breath the game and that includes your diet and conditioning during the off season. If you want to trade that off in the interests of your broader enjoyment and wellbeing then fine but you will never be a top class player. Grealish for me will not get there.

Agree with that pangloss , although if he moved abroad where the culture is very different to the UK that might straighten him out but I think his heart is set on the Man U move.

I still can't believe that we replaced Milner with Stephen Bloody Ireland.

On the face of it wasn't the worst idea. Ireland has been brilliant for them for a year before and at the time the idea of him, Young and Downing behind Gabby or Carew actually seemed pretty exciting. Unfortunately it just ended up as yet another case of us signing someone who'd seemingly lost interest in football.

Gareth Barry was at the centre of taxi-gate for West Brom a couple of seasons ago. Can't single him out as a model pro - he probably just didn't get caught.

These are all extremely rich and pampered young lads and thrown together in a sporting environment. None of them are saints, as indeed none of us were ever saints. It's just phoney to put these guys on a pedestal when none of us know them personally.

Gareth Barry was at the centre of taxi-gate for West Brom a couple of seasons ago. Can't single him out as a model pro - he probably just didn't get caught.

These are all extremely rich and pampered young lads and thrown together in a sporting environment. None of them are saints, as indeed none of us were ever saints. It's just phoney to put these guys on a pedestal when none of us know them personally.

But you can judge players by what they put out on the pitch. Barry was ace for us over a number of years. Milner was for the short time he was with us. Maybe if Randy hadn't been looking to cut back at that stage he'd have stayed; he certainly wasn't angling for a move.

Likewise I don't think we can fault what Jack puts out on the pitch. It varies a bit, but he is improving the whole time, and overall because of his performances he's our biggest asset.

The basic point is that Barry improved dramatically for us after Hendrie was sold and he cleaned his act up off the pitch. To cite 'taxi gate' from a couple of years ago is completely missing the point.

This season Jack's probably been in the best physical condition he's ever been in. He's quicker, stronger and has more stamina than ever before. He's by far and away the best English central midfielder and for me only sterling and sancho are as good or better out wide.

If he ever leaves I'll be disappointed because not only will we be losing the best player I've ever seen in a Villa shirt in terms of skill but because it'll mean that we as a club are not in a position to give an ambitious, talented player what they want yet again. Yorke, Southgate, Ugo, Barry, Milner, Young, Benteke, Delph will have another name on the list with them.

since then, has donated £150,000 to Birmingham Children’s Hospital

Good. Very appreciated that will have been as well, I am sure.

It is the bad stuff that always gets out there.

Try not to do bad then!

:thumbup::gent:

“I would probably say it is a disadvantage, if I am honest, only because of how much we have thrived on the home games this year. We have won a lot more at home than we have away. We had six games remaining at home. We still have a game in hand and if we win the game in hand we are out of the relegation zone. It is not something we are going to sit back and moan about. It is still in our hands. We can’t moan about the fact we might have had the fans there. We will just take it as it is because we are just delighted to be getting back.”

Thank fuck for that.

Decent interview without whinging, see, it can be done.

“I would probably say it is a disadvantage, if I am honest, only because of how much we have thrived on the home games this year. We have won a lot more at home than we have away. We had six games remaining at home. We still have a game in hand and if we win the game in hand we are out of the relegation zone. It is not something we are going to sit back and moan about. It is still in our hands. We can’t moan about the fact we might have had the fans there. We will just take it as it is because we are just delighted to be getting back.”

Thank fuck for that.

Decent interview without whinging, see, it can be done.

He seems to be moaning about the disadvantage of playing behind closed doors :fish:

Good goal indeed but he doesn't do tap ins really it's nearly always a wonder goal. Can help thinking watching that that Mings would have been robbed by a PL striker in the build up which has been the story of out season

Yes, I thought that as well watching it all unfold.