The player who left thread | Page 219 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Lescott can go f**k himself. If Utd want Jack they pay the price Villa set not the price they think is fair. Cough up the dosh or get lost that would be my message to Utd. Plenty of clubs will try and barter but hopefully our owners will stick to their guns and not budge from the £80m or whatever the figure is. Quick reminder of "Villa fan" Lescott's last season with us. His arse tweets a pic of a lovely brand new sporty Merc just hours after we got thumped 6:0 at home by Liverpool. Overrated, slow central defender who was not fit to wear the shirt. If Jack goes, we'll be upset but we can't begrudge him his chance to prove himself at the highest level, a football career is very short. Whenever Jack comes back to Villa Park he will be welcomed with open arms, Lescott can go do one and if he shows his ugly face at VP I hope someone smacks the stupid t**t.
Lescu*t would celebrate like he'd won the world cup whenever he scored against us, definitely not a Villa fan.

Inside info on the Lescott case. Son in law was at Villa with Joeleons brother Aaron. Son in law says they were both Villans. Aaron was very highly thought of but was let go. He had a decent career lower down the pyramid.. As regards Joeleon, maybe his legs had gone. Plus playing in a crap team didn't help. Easy to pick a scapegoat,more rational to look at the bigger picture.

Joleon Lescott needs to keep any opinions he has about Aston Villa to himself. He was a total disgrace when he wore the Claret and Blue. Not once did he seem like he was remotely arsed about keeping us up. Not long ago he was lying about the way Delph left the club and now he's apparently spouting bullshit about Jack. He was vastly overrated as a player and now he's a rubbish, gobshite of a pundit.

A mate of mine who I know has spoken to Lescott once told me that he had never forgiven Villa for getting rid of his brother.

I hope you are right Villan 57, but we need to stay up first and then persuade him to stay. To move forward and show Jack and others our intent on creating a decent Premier League team, we need to spend big on better quality in all areas, we bought dross last summer we cannot risk keeping some of the garbage we got.

A mate of mine who I know has spoken to Lescott once told me that he had never forgiven Villa for getting rid of his brother.

He is possibly the worst signing the club have made in my time watching Villa. Stole a hefty wage whilst putting in awful performances and clearly was not in the least bit arsed about anything Villa related.

Inside info on the Lescott case. Son in law was at Villa with Joeleons brother Aaron. Son in law says they were both Villans. Aaron was very highly thought of but was let go. He had a decent career lower down the pyramid.. As regards Joeleon, maybe his legs had gone. Plus playing in a crap team didn't help. Easy to pick a scapegoat,more rational to look at the bigger picture.
He wasn't a scapegoat, his performances were terrible, and his attitude was disgraceful, and that is a rational appraisal. I can understand when a player cant physically cut it, I cannot accept someone who attitude is totally shit. He wasn't the only one, for sure, but he was one, lets not forget that.

Just a little reminder lads Jack is going nowhere thank you , nothing to see here move along

For me if he goes he goes. I wouldn't want a player at the club who doesn't want to be here. If he stays he has to know that we are not going to be challenging in the next two or three years so he will have to be happy with being part of the building process. Does he want that? I dont know.

For me if he goes he goes. I wouldn't want a player at the club who doesn't want to be here. If he stays he has to know that we are not going to be challenging in the next two or three years so he will have to be happy with being part of the building process. Does he want that? I dont know.

We could win a few cups over the next 2 or 3 years. And football is a funny game. Things can change very quickly. In either direction.

Last player I was gutted about leaving was Gareth Barry.

If Jack goes. The last player I was gutted about leaving will still be Gareth Barry.

Feel the same as Wurzel says if a player doesn't want to be here (not saying he does or doesn't, I genuinely don't care after his recent antics) I am not bothered about them being here either.

Last player I was gutted about leaving was Gareth Barry.

If Jack goes. The last player I was gutted about leaving will still be Gareth Barry.

Feel the same as Wurzel says if a player doesn't want to be here (not saying he does or doesn't, I genuinely don't care after his recent antics) I am not bothered about them being here either.
Agree but I kind of put Milner into a similar category to Barry , perhaps a level below.

Milner, Barry, Young. Saw an interview with Jack last summer at Minnesota:
Comes across as a sensible likeable lad. So I'm hoping the latest blip was just that, a blip. Could yet be a legend for us.

Seems he hangs around with his old mates, he's in danger of becoming another Gazza or Gabby, never moved on socially. Jack needs to move away from the idiots who have influenced the likes of Barry Bannan Weiman and several others who couldn't get themselves out of the gutter socially. Such a talent but such a bell end, Thick as two planks and not captain material but the best footballer we have had in the last 50 years. Make Tyrone captain and free this lad up to just play his game

Technically the best player I have seen in a villa shirt. I really don't think I exaggerate when I say his first touch is genius.

I'm 45. I am too old and world weary to get upset about well paid, made for life young men leaving the club. Players come and go.
For me him leaving is a bigger picture scenario. I firmly believe he will stay if we stop up and give us another season to kick on and if not then go. But could be a rolling thing where he will need to see season by season improvement at the club to stay.
If he goes then we will have been relegated and the club has failed again . Failed to hang on to players who go on elsewhere to suceed. Delph, Barry, Miner, Yorke, Young ... I could cry at the players who have ditched us because we couldnt match their ambitions . And I dont blame one of those list of players bearing in mind what they subsequently achieved.
So I will be gutted. Not for SJ as an individual but for the implication and meaning for my beloved club.
Again .

Agree but I kind of put Milner into a similar category to Barry , perhaps a level below.

Milner left after having had one good full season. Don't get me wrong he's a great pro and a very good player but if someone he considered better than us had come in for him sooner he'd have left sooner. He shouldn't be considered anywhere near Barry or even Ashley Young who was with us longer and did a lot more.

Milner left after having had one good full season. Don't get me wrong he's a great pro and a very good player but if someone he considered better than us had come in for him sooner he'd have left sooner. He shouldn't be considered anywhere near Barry or even Ashley Young who was with us longer and did a lot more.

Yeah. Feel the same. Great player, proper old school pro, don't begrudge anything he has done/did but I have zero affection for him. Whether his doing/decision or not he was not with us long enough . And as you say Barry is in a different ball park to Milner.