The player who left thread | Page 218 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I think Grealish is a talented player , is he any better than say Ward Prowse or Maddison or many others in the prem . Not sure yet , would he look better in a better team ? Probably , would he get into the Man U first team , not sure yet, think he'd be on the bench
I'd take him over Maddison and Mount etc., but as we have seen in the past, being top class for Villa rarely translates for being top class elsewhere. Ashley Young, Benteke, Milner, Barry, all had to settle for a lesser role at their new clubs at one stage or another.

He might go on to be as good as Dwight Yorke for Utd or he might go on to fail miserably like Benteke. But right now, I wouldn't trade him for any player in his position in the world because he has that bit of Villa passion and understanding that other players wouldn't.

I'd take him over Maddison and Mount etc., but as we have seen in the past, being top class for Villa rarely translates for being top class elsewhere. Ashley Young, Benteke, Milner, Barry, all had to settle for a lesser role at their new clubs at one stage or another.

He might go on to be as good as Dwight Yorke for Utd or he might go on to fail miserably like Benteke. But right now, I wouldn't trade him for any player in his position in the world because he has that bit of Villa passion and understanding that other players wouldn't.

Jack is the best player I've seen in a Villa shirt by some distance, I'm taking ball-playing skills not, not battering rams or Olympic sprinters, just pure natural ability to glide past people, the only other player I've seen do that was Brian Little. Not pace or power just football skills.

Jack is the best player I've seen in a Villa shirt by some distance, I'm taking ball-playing skills not, not battering rams or Olympic sprinters, just pure natural ability to glide past people, the only other player I've seen do that was Brian Little. Not pace or power just football skills.

Yeah if you're talking about pure dribbling ability he is probably one of the best, I think Young was a shade better than him on his day though.

Would have thought Young, Milner and Barry all were the tops elsewhere. There may have been a settling in period but that's normal.

Ultimately Jack hasn't performed as we all know he can due to the failure of our team to keep the ball and involve him. I thought he'd kind of given up in the last few games and got the distinct impression he'd got an out at the end of the season. John started the season on fire and then went quiet before his injury.

Whether one player is better than another is totally subjective - how do you compare Heaton and Grealish in terms of skill sets? Each member of the team has a value and the hope is that the sum of the parts is greater than the total. Unfortunately we have under performed as a team this year, so the question of Jack or John is a false question to me - both have shown flashes but not sustained it over the course of the season. Remember that we support Aston Villa, not the individuals - who come and go.

Would have thought Young, Milner and Barry all were the tops elsewhere. There may have been a settling in period but that's normal.
Yeah they all went on to win things but Young struggled to get into the side until he found a role at right back. Barry and Milner both struggled to win over the fans at City and didnt, in my opinion, develop their games further or play like they did at Villa.

Just seems another way of damming him with the "luxury" player tag that dogged him through his late teens and into his 20s. Souness is a bitter man who never did a thing as a manager without a massivel financial advantage. This is a bloke who when manager of Benfica sold Deco and replaced him with Brian Deane.

I love John Mcginn. He's been a real positive influence on the club since his arrival. If we had another of him in midfield we'd be a lot closer to safety. Jack Grealish however is the best English midfielder currently playing and if we had another of him we'd be comfortably mid table with no worries at all.

Just seems another way of damming him with the "luxury" player tag that dogged him through his late teens and into his 20s. Souness is a bitter man who never did a thing as a manager without a massivel financial advantage. This is a bloke who when manager of Benfica sold Deco and replaced him with Brian Deane. :clap:

I love John Mcginn. He's been a real positive influence on the club since his arrival. If we had another of him in midfield we'd be a lot closer to safety. Jack Grealish however is the best English midfielder currently playing and if we had another of him we'd be comfortably mid table with no worries at all.
Sums the man up nicely

He's on a different planet to everyone else in the squad. I think he has had an excellent season, sure he's had a handful of poor games, but it's not easily playing with this lot and under someone like Smith who is out of his depth.

For me Grealish has elevated himself this season, he has never shown so much quality in his career before. By every meaningful metric he is having his best ever season. Quality player.

He has 'elevated' himself as you say, purely because he added the thing desperately missing before, assists and goals. Before, the trickery and skill were really nice to see, but without an end product, they aren't of that much use. And to have done it at the top level as well, you can't argue with that progression.

He has 'elevated' himself as you say, purely because he added the thing desperately missing before, assists and goals. Before, the trickery and skill were really nice to see, but without an end product, they aren't of that much use. And to have done it at the top level as well, you can't argue with that progression.
It's a huge step really, especially given the change in level.

Perhaps due to a lack of confidence in his team mates. If I wasn’t a villa fan I’d be fascinated to see how good he could become in a team with top class players around him.
I think you will get your chance, Villa fan or not David.
And I think the answer will be very good.

I see that that fan favourite, Jolean Lescott, has said that the Villa owners must make it easy for Jack to go to Manchester United. I expect Nassif and Wes are keeling over at that one.

Lescott can go f**k himself. If Utd want Jack they pay the price Villa set not the price they think is fair. Cough up the dosh or get lost that would be my message to Utd. Plenty of clubs will try and barter but hopefully our owners will stick to their guns and not budge from the £80m or whatever the figure is. Quick reminder of "Villa fan" Lescott's last season with us. His arse tweets a pic of a lovely brand new sporty Merc just hours after we got thumped 6:0 at home by Liverpool. Overrated, slow central defender who was not fit to wear the shirt. If Jack goes, we'll be upset but we can't begrudge him his chance to prove himself at the highest level, a football career is very short. Whenever Jack comes back to Villa Park he will be welcomed with open arms, Lescott can go do one and if he shows his ugly face at VP I hope someone smacks the stupid t**t.