The player who left thread | Page 146 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I would agree with that but would have Maddison slightly ahead of Jack at the moment and he can not get in either

I would agree with that as Maddison has been very good for over a year now in the premier League and he really should have started one of the 2 games we've just lkayrd. I think Jack should be good enough for a place on the bench though.

Imagine it's the European championship quarter final Vs whoever and we're looking for something a bit different in midfield. Who would you want to see coming on, Grealish or Barkley?

Don’t really get why Maddison hasn’t been given a go in the England team because he has been playing well and definitely deserves a chance. I guess it’s probably because he doesn’t play for Chelsea.

I think Grealish has a way to go before he’ll play for England especially at the moment England have Barkley, Mount, Maddison, Alli to play in that attacking midfield position so there’s definitely competition for places and at this stage you can’t categorically say Grealish is better than all of those

Small Heath fined £42,500 for their thug supporter's cowardly attack on Super Jack.

Pathetic in my view , they should have been permanently closed down.

"Flatter to deceive" sums him up for me. When he gets on the score sheet he looks a wonderful player but when he doesn't you wonder what all of his nice touches amount to. He needs to add a lot more goals to his game or people will always call him over rated.

Jack isn’t a natural goalscorer for me, not in the Lampard or Gerrard category at least. At the top level he’ll get 1 in 6 at best. I don’t see him slotting balls home from outside of the box on a regular basis because of the way we play, he won’t get the time to run onto a ball in several yards of space and slot it away with his first touch. Even if we played that way, it’s not really his game.

What I’d like to see more of from Jack is finding those quality passes (De Bruyne types) to the other forward players more often. It’s all very well dancing on the ball, taking 4-5 touches 30 yards from the oppositions goal but the decision making still needs to improve. There are times when having someone who can put their foot on the ball and slow the game down is needed, we’ve all seen teams where it’s a hot potato and ends up coming back. There are also times where two touches is what’s needed to keep the ball moving, or the other players get marked.

The top central midfielders in the world actually start many games getting the ball with a good touch and moving it on quickly. The Iniestas of the world only start to take 3-4 touches when the opposition are worn down.

Posters have said before on here - and I agree - jack is the pass before the pass, the first against Everton was typical of that as he took two players out of the game, ended up getting fouled, got on his feet and played it quickly to Jota who found Wes.

I think Jack is being coached well, the quick thinking above proved that. He’s a much more mature player than what he was 2-3 years ago which is natural but doesn’t always happen with young, hyped players.

I think the next stage for him is identifying what type of player he wants to be. Is a he a number 10? Central midfielder? Box to box? Ball carrier? When he and the coaches get this right he needs to work on the things that will make him great in this role.

If I was him I would be looking at players like the Silva’s at Man City. There’s a lot of competition in the England squad with the likes of Alli, Barkley, Mount in that attacking central midfielder position. If he models his game on the Silvas he gives himself a different dimension to those which I think could make him more effective. If he can get the ball 30 yards from goal and wide with the ability to cut it or go wide, he’ll bring people into play and allow us to get more balls into the box.

As we head into another unwanted international break, Aston Villa signed off in spectacular style with a 5-1 battering of also promoted Norwich City at Carrow Road.

Among many positives from the game was the inspirational form of skipper Jack Grealish. With the inclusion of Conor Hourihane in the past couple of matches at the expense of Mahmoud Trezeguet, the tactical switch has allowed Grealish to operate much further up the pitch, showcasing his precocious talents to much better effect than we have seen so far this season.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...-on-his-determination-to-kick-on-this-season/

Just imagine how good we'll be when Deano finds out what our best team is. If only he would read VV. It would save him a lot of time and heartache Hitting

How good was Jack yesterday? His best performance of the season, at home at least. Completely ran the show and we'd have not got a thing out of the game without him.

One moment summed him up for me. Ball is fired at him stomach height just to his right and he not only controls it perfectly he then leaves 2 Brighton players in his wake in the blink of an eye. There simply isn't another English player like him.