The player who left thread | Page 143 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

He has certainly got praise from independents and pundits for his performance in general.

He will so know he fucked up for their 2nd goal.

It will be a learning curve for all of the players. Grealish played well for most of the game, just a shame about getting caught on the edge of the box which was very poor. On goals on Sunday they did point out that actually all of our players were in our own third so he literally had no one to pass to, so I can understand why he messed up but as mentioned it’s a learning curve and he’ll have to learn to remain alert to danger at all times. Agree with @Platypus its best to learn in that game when we weren’t expecting much than in a “more important” game later

It will be a learning curve for all of the players. Grealish played well for most of the game, just a shame about getting caught on the edge of the box which was very poor. On goals on Sunday they did point out that actually all of our players were in our own third so he literally had no one to pass to, so I can understand why he messed up but as mentioned it’s a learning curve and he’ll have to learn to remain alert to danger at all times. Agree with @Platypus its best to learn in that game when we weren’t expecting much than in a “more important” game later

I think all of the players will have learned, that they will be having less than half as much time on the ball, before someone's snapping at their heels this season. The whole premiership is, on the whole, one touch passing so thought and execution have to be quicker.
Jack was unlucky to get robbed right outside the box but, Tyrone was unlucky too, in that his clearance bounced off of Bjorn and then fell at Kane's feet.
The thing is things like that happen in every game every week, they don't always fall to such a deadly marksman though, still next week maybe the ball will bounce for us.

I am not sure of the stats, or if they are available somewhere, but SJ ran his heart out in my opinion and was sucking on fumes at in the last 10 minutes of the match.
Wesley/Kodjia/Jota not holding the ball up kept forcing us deep towards the end of the game plus pressure from a decent Spurs side. Hourihane didn't have a bad game, but i don't think he dominates enough in these situations. A stronger enforcer type is needed when we play this level of opposition. Hourihane will have his time and place this season.
May seem daft, but Davies may have given us a little more breathing space holding the ball a little better giving us time to push.

As long as the TV deals keep getting bigger and bigger, the bubble will continue to expand. When the TV deals hit their limit, the fun will start.

The bubble is being stretched right now and, yes, it will all come tumbling down.

I fully expect us to be in (possibly deep, possibly global) recession in 2020 so we kinda need to be in decent financial shape by then as do all other clubs (and individuals - if you're thinking about taking on a load of debt for a house or anything else anytime soon then think again IMO ...).

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that a "big club" finds themselves in the sh*t over the next few years IMO.

I am not sure of the stats, or if they are available somewhere, but SJ ran his heart out in my opinion and was sucking on fumes at in the last 10 minutes of the match.
Wesley/Kodjia/Jota not holding the ball up kept forcing us deep towards the end of the game plus pressure from a decent Spurs side. Hourihane didn't have a bad game, but i don't think he dominates enough in these situations. A stronger enforcer type is needed when we play this level of opposition. Hourihane will have his time and place this season.
May seem daft, but Davies may have given us a little more breathing space holding the ball a little better giving us time to push.

Agree about not holding the ball up - it proper bounced off Wesley a few times though he seemed to do a little better in the second half.

SJM likely was knackered, even for him that was a ludicrous amount of running we were having to do in that last half an hour.

We'll need to fix this pretty quickly - perhaps all forward players need to spend an hour a day going up against the biggest units we've got purely with the aim of keeping the ball. It does help if you're a unit yourself but there are ways to do it without muscle if you're bright enough - Jack is pretty decent at it for a stickboy.

I thought overall that was a decent performance by JG and while he shouldn't have been caught in posession as he was on the edge of the area, he probably shouldn't have been picking the ball up there anyway as a #10!

I am not one in a strong position to talk about hair... however, I can categorically state no man should wear an Alice band...! :grinning:

I'm almost certain he's only doing it to wind people up. You just know that somewhere Holtelower is fuming about it.

On reflection I was a little harsh on Jack (said he didn't look fit). In fact it was only in the last quarter of the game where he looked exhausted and started making mistakes; maybe he'd done too much of the running. They'll all get fitter; this is only the beginning.

I thought the pace of the game on Saturday was unreal, the modern day top teams are relentless in their search for goal difference. From the off, we looked like we hadn’t experienced that for a long time - which we hadn’t.

The players who lasted 90 mins will be aching today but it’ll do them good after a few more games.

Alice bands
Hairspray
Wax
Gel
Mousse
Combs
Brushes
Highlights
Men that use hair dryers (I just found it weird when I walked into the gym changing room and a man was using one)

OUT !!!!

Last edited: