The player who left thread | Page 130 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Cant believe all the hype around this England team. Bang average, as is proved every time we come up against anyone half decent.

Best thing Jack could do is to change his mind and opt for Ireland. You can look at players and make a good assessment as to how they'd do in a different environment. At the very least you can include them in the squad and see how they look in training.

The Jack worked with us in the U21s briefly bit is very dismissive. From what I remember he was the star. Jack's potential was obvious from the way he demolished Liverpool in the cup, and he's come a long way since then.

Best thing Jack could do is to change his mind and opt for Ireland.

I'd be over the moon.

Not sure non-Villa Irish fans would be though. Problem is, international football is the be all and end all (as well as playing in the Champions League) for young players so from what Southgate has said unless he's playing with a Premier League badge on his sleeve it's a no go. So it doesn't matter if it's Huddersfield or Man City?

Stupid thing to say, and detrimental to young Championship players.

Perfectly reasonable comments from Southgate.

Look at Sessongon. People were ejaculating over him last season, saying he needed to go to the Euro's etc...

He's not exactly pulling up trees in the prem though is he?

I feel like grealish has the mindset, and good people around him Ie smith, JT, where this could work to villas advantage in that Jack will just continue to do his thing and let the football do the talking and I think one way or the other he will end up having the last laugh. Just hope he’s still a villa player when it happens .

If he can’t assess Grealish starting, playing and captaining Villa then I’m not sure how he’s assessing Hudson odoi whos never started a game ??‍♂️

Exactly!

Southgate has done so well up until now, picking players on merit.

Picking Hudson udoi then saying that about jack sends an incredibly bad message. Back to the old days off if you play for London or north west teams, you’re in!!

If we were in the prem and grealish was sat on our bench or not even in squad...wouldn’t be in the england squad.

I’m not saying jack should be in right now and it’s goid for us probably that he isn’t, I’m just rather wound up by the contradictory comments (not sure if you can tell).

Captaining your boyhood club week in week out, or wondering if you might get some sort of call up to the England squad a few times a year. Difficult choice :halo:

As I care far more about my club than my national team, fingers crossed England go out during the group stages of the euros and Southgate is found out and proven to be the most overrated manager to ever lead the national side out.

Don’t rate the knob at all
Read the Hook Nosed ******’s rubbish book “Woody & Nord” to discover why I turned up early on his first appearance back at VP to give him dog’s abuse during the warm-up for Boro. Pity that bag on his head advertising pizza wasn’t plastic without the holes. A shite player who now cleverly uses the London media and TV to create this saintly image of himself. Just remember how good a manager he was at Boro with a great chairman and an open cheque book. The bloke is a 24 carat twat.

Think what we need right now is Jack concentrating on getting the club he loves back where it belongs. He don't need to hear these comments from Southgate. Jack knows he needs to be in the prem to be picked for England, why i don't know. Southgate needs to understand he wants to do it playing with Aston Villa. Grow some balls Gareth. pick players on their ability, not what division they play in.

Read the Hook Nosed ******’s rubbish book “Woody & Nord” to discover why I turned up early on his first appearance back at VP to give him dog’s abuse during the warm-up for Boro. Pity that bag on his head advertising pizza wasn’t plastic without the holes. A shite player who now cleverly uses the London media and TV to create this saintly image of himself. Just remember how good a manager he was at Boro with a great chairman and an open cheque book. The bloke is a 24 carat twat.
Hook noses do seem to be particularly 'Prominent' in the current political and sporting arenas, can't see the point myself.

You have hit the nose right on the head