The player who left thread | Page 126 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

If we don't by some miracle get 6th spot and win the play offs Jack grealish will be sold in the summer and rightly so. To keep a player of his talent in the championship would be nothing short of criminal.

After watching that match yesterday I think Liverpool could come in for him. The type of ball he put through for Tammy to create the first goal on Saturday would be manna from heaven for their front three. If we're going to lose him a nice bidding war could be to our advantage.

After watching that match yesterday I think Liverpool could come in for him. The type of ball he put through for Tammy to create the first goal on Saturday would be manna from heaven for their front three. If we're going to lose him a nice bidding war could be to our advantage.
£40 - £50m would soften the blow of leaving.
I think that having lost a significant part of this season, he will stay for one more year and take us up.

If he adds goals to his game then he can play for anyone.

Technique has never been in doubt, plus he now has strength and a bit of pace.

For me, no amount of money would replace what he gives both the team and fans. At the end of the day, stay or go will be down to his ambition.

I mentioned Steve Bull in another thread. It meant more to him to be a Wolves legend than play at the highest level and he managed to go to a World Cup.
Wonder if Jack could be persuaded.... Play for a mediocre Prem team or become a true Aston Villa legend (and still earn a fortune). We can but hope.

Last edited:
I think Jack has already indicated he wants to play at the highest level possible, he even admitted being disappointed with the Spurs collapse.

If he does progress without us then i will remain proud watching him - just like i did with Platty and Yorke.

Ideally though, we win 9 more games - get promoted via play offs and he will then stay and get us into Wankers sorry i mean Champions League.

Just read that he is still the most fouled player in the division even after being out three months :eek!::eek!:

For me, no amount of money would replace what he gives both the team and fans..

This.

Players come and go. I'm too old and football world weary to get attached players nowadays.

But money is what it is...money. All very well having it but different thing using it wisely and getting replacements.
Spurs had a mare with the Bale money?. They bought Erikson but also bought Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli, Chiriches, Capoue, Lamela . More misses than hits?.

Personally, I don't think we can replace him there isn't another player like him we could get. We would get different types of players to him . We wouldn't replace what he brings.

I massively rate Jack. His touch is up there with the best I have seen in a villa shirt. It's pure natural talent. Plenty of room to improve of course but wouldn't hold anything against him if he went. Although he definitely has unfinished business at B6.

FFS Jack is Going nowhere! You miserable bunch of doom mongers!;):Fingers:
And if he is, it will not be to the likes of Spuds. He is an ideal replacement for Modric at Real or Messi at Barca. Now let's start talking serious money if those kind of deals came off. I for one would be proud to watch him light up La Liga every week instead of sitting on the bench for a club that can't even get the opening date of a stadium correct.

Reactions: OVB
The mental strength this lad must have to carry on after that in that horrible shit hole surrounded by braying oafs who he knows want to invade the pitch and attack him is incredible.

I think Jack Grealish became a real man today.
His reaction to that cowardly attack was a joyful thing.
So many would have lost control and knocked the attackers teeth out and having lost control, they would have been no good to the team for the rest of the game, which is what the attacker wanted. Instead JG held his temper and made the idiot pay by beating his team, even rubbing salt into that wound by being the one to score.
Well done young man, today, 10th March 2019, you earned my total respect.