The player who left thread | Page 125 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Well on the back of yesterday's showing the club need to do everything that they can to get Jack to stay next season. It was clear that his return to the side gave a huge boost to the rest of the team and the supporters. If we play like that next season there's no reason why automatic promotion shouldn't be achieved.

The addition of Mings and Hause have been tremendously successful. We have the French right back due to join, if we can add one or two more of that quality I can't see any reason for us not to go up.

Surely Jack wants the legacy of leading us back to the Premiership. We have to insist he stays for 1 more year.

The thought of him Joining Spurs turns my stomach. If we can't keep him I hope he don't go them twats

Hang on which bit of Jack has a long term contract and is the future of the club didn't Deano get across to you?
He's going nowhere he doesn't want to, we'd sell the whole squad before we'd sell him. We have two Billionaire owners, they don't have to sell him , they'll just pay the fine if indeed we ever get one

The relative merits to the Jack debate about Premier League football and international aspirations aside - people are forgetting.

Next season we lose the largest slice of the debt (FFP purposes) on the 3yr assessment anyway. Unless we spend 50million next summer, our FFP position automatically massively improves - even without Parachute payments because we have so many out of contract anyway.

Next summer from a financial perspective we do not have to sell Jack to balance the books - unlike last summer where Jack's sale at around the £25m mark would've undoubtedly removed FFP issues.

Yup. Nice and positive.

In the negative side. Ambitious player wanting to play at the top level and for England. Plus the sell on clause

It means we won't be asking him to accept he's off again regardless of whether he wanted to leave, as he admitted himself that was a problem last summer.

Hang on which bit of Jack has a long term contract and is the future of the club didn't Deano get across to you?
He's going nowhere he doesn't want to, we'd sell the whole squad before we'd sell him. We have two Billionaire owners, they don't have to sell him , they'll just pay the fine if indeed we ever get one
Though I would love to think he would stay , do you really think he’s going to do another season in the championship?

The relative merits to the Jack debate about Premier League football and international aspirations aside - people are forgetting.

Next season we lose the largest slice of the debt (FFP purposes) on the 3yr assessment anyway. Unless we spend 50million next summer, our FFP position automatically massively improves - even without Parachute payments because we have so many out of contract anyway.

Next summer from a financial perspective we do not have to sell Jack to balance the books - unlike last summer where Jack's sale at around the £25m mark would've undoubtedly removed FFP issues.
Mike I never read up on FFP as you are the oracle , thanks for helping me not have to read stuff I don’t understand :utv:

Yup. Nice and positive.

In the negative side. Ambitious player wanting to play at the top level and for England. Plus the sell on clause

The England part is what worries me. Southgate is a known fan, picked him for the under 21s as soon as he declared for England. Next season runs up to a tournament. When was time we took a non top division player to a major tournament?

I’m usually mr positive but he won’t stay if we don’t go up and we lose Mings and Abraham, by signing a long term contract he’s made sure that we at least get very good money for him and fair play to him for that , hope he’s a new Gazza for England and I really hope he’s playing for us when he does

Agreed JW.

Jack will know careers are short.

Not being negative here or sayinng he's 100% off but if we don't go up, I find it hard to believe that a decent club won't come in for him. At that stage, if he wants to go, I think it would be very hard to stand in his way.

I dont like to be pedantic but does the New year for FFP purposes start at the start of the New financial year? As in early April?
The current three year period for the max loss ended with the 2017/18 accounts - the final FFP determinations (per season) will be made this month.

So (if I've got it right) - this time next year our 2018/19 accounts period will replace 2015/16 which from memory was our failed French revolution where Tim Sherwood lost track of what players he signed and had been watching and our transfer spend that year was higher than Xia's opening gambit.

Our accounts are per season - June 1 to May 31.