The player who left thread | Page 123 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

He is bound to be rusty and could take him a few games to get fully up to speed , after all he has been out a fair while now.

By then it could be to late anyway.

Absolutely . Said the same to a few at the game Saturday. The expectation on him to get us going again will be unrealistically high. And i can fully see it not going the way people want or expect.

Yes, I'd say its more than just Jacks absence that is causing our problems at the moment. We will still be conceding bucket loads of goals with him in the team

Absolutely . Said the same to a few at the game Saturday. The expectation on him to get us going again will be unrealistically high. And i can fully see it not going the way people want or expect.

And the next minute people are saying he's rubbish if he can't singlehandedly win us matches!

I’m not sure what Jack’s actual injury is but did read somewhere that it was shin related although I know he has had to wear a special boot. Just wondered if you were his manager would you enforce that he wears full size shin pads given that he’s hacked at every week?
He’s worth a lot of money, he’s paid a lot of money, why allow extra risk? On the other hand, he might lose something in his own mind which will detract from his performance. Any thoughts?

Wicked m I'd ban fancy dan boots never mind silly little shin pads that make a player look like a nob and a target for opposition players and fans. I think even refs just think he deserves a kicking ?

Opposition fans hate Jack mainly for the fact that he's fecking good but also for his silly hair and shin pads .

Making him less of a target has to be a good thing

Did I actually read earlier in the season that people wanted Jack dropped because his stats proved he did nothing I didn't dream it did I?

Did I actually read earlier in the season that people wanted Jack dropped because his stats proved he did nothing I didn't dream it did I?

You did indeed. You'd have also read from one poster claiming that Grealish was "killing" the team and that he needed dropping immediately. You may be able be able to deduct who said this.

Wicked m I'd ban fancy dan boots never mind silly little shin pads that make a player look like a nob and a target for opposition players and fans. I think even refs just think he deserves a kicking ?

Opposition fans hate Jack mainly for the fact that he's fecking good but also for his silly hair and shin pads .

Making him less of a target has to be a good thing

I blame George Best, he always had his shirt out and him and Alan Ball had their own brand of poncy boots. This in turn led to our very own Brian and Chico boycotting the local barber in favour of a "hair stylist". The rest as they say is history. :grinning::wagging:

Season is more or less over now barring a miracle , it's either throw him straight back in and risk a reoccurrence or let him recover fully . If he's off in the summer it makes little difference other than sale valuation

The pressure we are putting on Grealish's shoulders is way too much .

I think that pressure was always there and certainly in the past half a season he carried it in his stride. Some players I think you can do that too like United did with Rooney a few seasons ago actually many season ago. Some players have the temperament.

I don't think he feels the pressure he's the most naturally skilled player I've seen come through since Brian Little.
Let's be honest you could give him the ball in his own six-yard box and he'd just waltz out with it like it was a 5 a side kick about