The player who left thread | Page 119 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

erm......

Pottechini DID NOT think he was good enough - actually, wrong, Pottechinio thout he was worth 3 MILLON QUID - and when that was refused , they didn't come back.

Not me - BRUCE !!!!

If Spurs "thought " Jack was worth it - he would be now playing for Spurs. There was a time, Villa would have sold the ground for a fiver - and not one bid for Jack.

THE ONLY - and not me, the club say - the ONLY bid for Jack Grealish was for 3m plus Onomah on loan - THAT WAS WHAT THEY THOUGHT HE WAS WORTH.

Not a single, and I mean ONE single club in the entire world thought he was worth anymore - or else they would have tried to sign him wouldn't they.

Hey, but thanks for showing me the way, coz at the moment , I am selling an apartment in Spain. It is up for 75k coz thats what I thought it was worth, but I didn't know if I said "I will sell it for 2 million" - it suddenly means it is worth 2 million. I will get on to the Estate Agent first thing Monday morning

I don't think Jack Grealish is worth £30/40 million by a long shot but, I do think he has the potential, if handled correctly, to become worth that kind of money.
Then again I don't believe that Josh Onamah is worth the £15m price tag Levy has slapped on him.
As for other clubs not being interested in JG, I seem to remember clubs such as Chelsea and Liverpool expressing an interest.
I can understand them not wanting to get into a bidding war with Spurs. It would make more sense to let Spurs do all of the hard work and then come in at the last minute and offer half a mill more. I seem to remember thats known as gazumping.

Whag a load of bull. Been knvolved in.....

Well fecking Nyland has been involved in all our golals this season. He hss touched the ball at some point in the build up.

I heard after whichever goal it was last week "tgat was down to jack that was."
All he did was get the ball from the throw kn and give a 3 yard. ball back to the taker.

Who then gave it to elno, whk put in a superb ball for Bllasie to make a diving header.

But it was Jacks brilliant contribution i presume you are counting then ?

And the foul ?. So he picks the ball up, cant beat his man, so falls over, and thats what he did, he fell over and conned the ref, and Hiurihane chips a subljme 30 yarder in, but it was Jacks brilliance that got the goal was it ?.

Granted, the Abraham, Kodjia set up, Grealish great pass, yep he created that one.

But this total pathetic nonsense sums it up. People are looking for any tiny, and i mean tiny jnsignificant thing to justify the Elvis like adulation of someone who has had 175 mins of good football in 6 years (90 mins Liv Semi, Obe half v Blues, ond half Wembley Fulham) am I wrong ?

Get real. This isn't Elvis like adulation. It's that some of us can see what he does contribute.

He does need to improve. But then so does the whole team. With Bruce here I think Jack will get more into it, as the new players bed in, but I doubt we'll see a stepwise contribution in what he does until e get a manager in who can get the whole team working.

Don't understand the hostility to Jack. Best player we've produced for a long time. Nobody's happy with what we're seeing on the pitch and we're going to have to live with it until Wes and Nassef act. But in making sure he stays I think they're doing the right thing.

erm......

Pottechini DID NOT think he was good enough - actually, wrong, Pottechinio thout he was worth 3 MILLON QUID - and when that was refused , they didn't come back.

Not me - BRUCE !!!!

If Spurs "thought " Jack was worth it - he would be now playing for Spurs. There was a time, Villa would have sold the ground for a fiver - and not one bid for Jack.

THE ONLY - and not me, the club say - the ONLY bid for Jack Grealish was for 3m plus Onomah on loan - THAT WAS WHAT THEY THOUGHT HE WAS WORTH.

Not a single, and I mean ONE single club in the entire world thought he was worth anymore - or else they would have tried to sign him wouldn't they.

Hey, but thanks for showing me the way, coz at the moment , I am selling an apartment in Spain. It is up for 75k coz thats what I thought it was worth, but I didn't know if I said "I will sell it for 2 million" - it suddenly means it is worth 2 million. I will get on to the Estate Agent first thing Monday morning

Wow you are so angry. I really don't know why.

P.s That caps lock thing you do really has no effect on what you are trying to say nor the content or the way it's read.

I'm amazed managers ever get sacked given they seem to single handedly take care of absolutely every decision within a club.

Get real. This isn't Elvis like adulation. It's that some of us can see what he does contribute.

He does need to improve. But then so does the whole team. With Bruce here I think Jack will get more into it, as the new players bed in, but I doubt we'll see a stepwise contribution in what he does until e get a manager in who can get the whole team working.

Don't understand the hostility to Jack. Best player we've produced for a long time. Nobody's happy with what we're seeing on the pitch and we're going to have to live with it until Wes and Nassef act. But in making sure he stays I think they're doing the right thing.
I agree jack is by no means the finished article but he is a talent, certainly at championship level.it would help if Brucie played him as a 10, maybe with support from Connor in a more forward position.surely we don't have to play with two(sometimes three wingers)

I think Jack's new contract, if what I've read about it is true, will mean he'll spend the next five years at the club.
I refer of course, to the reports saying there is a £45m buy-out clause, a vastly inflated figure of his true worth, at present.

When your touched go down seems to be the plan to get free kicks.

He has the talent to stay on his feet Beat his man and look for a one two keeping the game moving.

Two simple for us I’m afraid

Well knock me over and roger me with a cucumber.

I honestly thought it was only me !!!

The comment "he is the golden boy coz hes one of us" shows the pure childlike farce of this situation.

Personally, I prefer to idolise people who have done skmething special for this clhb, like the Lincoln born GT, the Durham born BL, the scouse born RS, the Dublin birn PMc.

Sorry if I knew I had to idolise coz they were from round here, then i would have done it.

I will start the chant on Tuesday then.

WE WANT GABBY BACK SAID WE WANT GABBY BACK !!!!

Pathetic !!!!!. Its like The Bay City Rollers all over again !

The fact that we do not have a GT, BL or RS to rant about tells the story. Any bloke who wins his clubs goal of the season but said the one he would have preferred to have scored would have been the one in front of the Holte against the noses gets my vote. My kids adore him because of this 'false' loyalty to the club and and are part of the reason they support us as I am sure many other children do. If child like farce gets kids to follow this great institution of ours then I am happy, not the fading memories of old codgers like me and you (and I do not mean that in any disrespectful manner)There have been Duran Duran, Bros, Take That, Boyzone etc since the days of the Bay City Rollers (Woody Wood was my favourite) get with the groove grandpa

Last edited:
Jack is agreat talent but has not learned yet how to best utilise that talent, he does a lot right but then more often than not it all peters out or he plays for the foul. So may times I see the goal open up in front of him and he just lays it off, he seems to have all the confidence in the world when toying with defenders but it seems to fail him when it comes to shooting and crossing.

When your touched go down seems to be the plan to get free kicks.

He has the talent to stay on his feet Beat his man and look for a one two keeping the game moving.

Two simple for us I’m afraid

The fouls aren't accidental bumps; they are hits to make sure he doesn't stay on his feet. He gets it all over the pitch, not just in dangerous positions. He's fairly light weight and doesn't have the mass to counteract a shove.

Sure he can stay on his feet in most circumstances, and does, but not when somebody is determined to stop him. The fact that he gets frustrated is a sign than he doesn't look for it.

Jack will be fine in a properly coached team where the players play for each other. As it is he puts in a decent performance in a poorly organised team.

Whatever you think of Jack’s contribution, good, bad or indifferent, Deano has echoed what I’ve been saying for 18 months, that there is a deliberate tactic by the opposition to kick 7 shades of shite out of the lad on a sort of rotation system with the bunch of clown referees we’re lumbered with being too thick to see it. So I’m proposing that we help them by counting out the number of fouls committed on him as the game progresses e.g “One foul on Grealish......” etc every time he’s kicked up in the air. Up for it?

Reactions: OVB
During the game on Friday one of the QPR defenders was admonished by the commentator as "trying to injure grealish" then added that "obviously we don't want to see that". In the match thread I pointed out that Villa fans have to see that most weeks.

During the game on Friday one of the QPR defenders was admonished by the commentator as "trying to injure grealish" then added that "obviously we don't want to see that". In the match thread I pointed out that Villa fans have to see that most weeks.

Having downed him the same player swore at him as he lay on the ground. Should have been a red. Deliberate attempt at damage.

It won't put Jack off but it does affect his play.

That's why Jack's on the pitch for to get kicked and fall down. And we get a free kick.if it was not for that there would be no way he would get a game. And by the way we are allowed to kick the opposition

He does get fouled a lot but he's looking for it most of the time. He waits for the challenge to come then lets himself go over, Snodgrass did it a lot last year as well. For all the fouls he draws very few are crunching tackles

QPR were filth and those tactics were no doubt ordered by hair island Mclaren. One thing about Grealish is he has beefed up a bit and I am confident that he knows what he's doing riding these tackles to win free kicks and is not simply being a victim. If the opposition want to be brainless and kick him then he is quite right to dive and make them pay for it in that way.