The International Cricket Thread - all forms.. | Vital Football

The International Cricket Thread - all forms..

Spursex

Alert Team
This thread is for the cricket lovers, and will stay in the to dare is to do until the Internationals end and we can transfer it to off-topic.

I'll start by applauding and congratulations to the one-day Irishmen - thrilling and great victory for them yesterday - typical England, won the series and couldn't give a toss * Excuse the pun.

So all cricket here!

Last edited:
Yes, well done to the Irishmen, well played, though as Ex said England didn't really give a toss having won the series.

So now its the Test matches.

Just had a nosey, England v Pakistan at Old Trafford, Pakistan 1st innings 121 for 2, RAIN STOP PLAY.

MMMMmmm Cricket. I'd rather pop my eyeballs out with a teaspoon than watch cricket.

I see cricket as a pastime rather than a sport.

Each to their own.:throw:

Easy Hodd, dodgy ground.

I seem to be spending more and more time on dodgy ground these days.

My mates wife's sister is married to Michael Kasprowicz, an ex Australian international cricketer and also played county cricket in England. I wind him up all the time, asking if he's ever considered taking up sport.

I think I would be a very rich man if I had a quid for every time I have been told Cricket is boring and not a real sport, my reply is always as Harry said....grab a bat get out there and face 90mph leather balls being hurled at you, think you might change your mind.

I think I would be a very rich man if I had a quid for every time I have been told Cricket is boring and not a real sport, my reply is always as Harry said....grab a bat get out there and face 90mph leather balls being hurled at you, think you might change your mind.

It has so many facets. Tactics, physicality , skill, athleticism etc.

I seem to be spending more and more time on dodgy ground these days.

My mates wife's sister is married to Michael Kasprowicz, an ex Australian international cricketer and also played county cricket in England. I wind him up all the time, asking if he's ever considered taking up sport.
Mind you, I say the same about golf and snooker Hod...not real sports...at least, not the way I play them😈😈

Mind you, I say the same about golf and snooker Hod...not real sports...at least, not the way I play them😈😈

Football - sport
Snooker - not a sport
Cricket - sport
Darts - not a sport
Ten Pin Bowling - sport
Rugby - sport
Swimming - sports
Shooting - not a sport

The definition of sport is quite easy. It's when you have to change your shoes or take them off.

Football - sport
Snooker - not a sport
Cricket - sport
Darts - not a sport
Ten Pin Bowling - sport
Rugby - sport
Swimming - sports
Shooting - not a sport

The definition of sport is quite easy. It's when you have to change your shoes or take them off.
Then that begs the question, what is the default shoe that you are wearing in this scenario?
Define "have to". I can run with my slippers on, but not very effectively of course when compared with trainers.
I've played football without changing my shoes. I was dreadful but does that make it not a sport?

I remember listening to a podcast where some guys were messing about having this same discussion. One of them came to the conclusion that it's only a sport if there's somebody there trying to stop you from doing what you are doing. Which was just the cue for brain storming all manners of ways of making it difficult to play golf (which is a leisure activity, not a sport...).

Football - sport
Snooker - not a sport
Cricket - sport
Darts - not a sport
Ten Pin Bowling - sport
Rugby - sport
Swimming - sports
Shooting - not a sport

The one discernible difference I can see between the above list of sports and non-sports, is that the non-sports are performed from a sedentary position.

Batsmen in cricket hit the ball from a standing position but normally have to run afterwards.

Maybe it's that sport involves aerobic exercise? Snooker, darts and shooting certainly don't.

The one discernible difference I can see between the above list of sports and non-sports, is that the non-sports are performed from a sedentary position.

Batsmen in cricket hit the ball from a standing position but normally have to run afterwards.

Maybe it's that sport involves aerobic exercise? Snooker, darts and shooting certainly don't.

Best person to ask would have been Eddie Charlton. World class snooker player but also accomplished Swimmer and Boxer.