The in no way sad computer game thread | Vital Football

The in no way sad computer game thread

Draig Cymraeg

Vital Squad Member
With the Skyrim thread racking up a good deal of posts I thought it might be nice to create a thread where everything computer game can be discussed.

I'll kick off. Just found out that Hitman Absolution has been announced for 2012. This is definatley going to be my must have game of 2012. Loved the previous hitman games and this one is shaping up to be rather tasty too.

Is GTA 5 going to be released this year too?

Got to admit I don't play much PS3 anymore since I left the single life behind, but the only 3 franchises that I end up always buying and get me interested for a few weeks at a time are GTA, Gran Turismo, and Uncharted.

mattyslost - 17/1/2012 08:58

Only games I play are the Modern Warfare series.

Have you ever played Call of Duty? They've just announced the next one will follow on from Black Ops.

The only thing for me that makes this sort of game is the multiplayer as I find the single player only lasts 3-5 hours

DeanoVilla - 17/1/2012 08:58

Is GTA 5 going to be released this year too?

Got to admit I don't play much PS3 anymore since I left the single life behind, but the only 3 franchises that I end up always buying and get me interested for a few weeks at a time are GTA, Gran Turismo, and Uncharted.

Still down as to be announced but its looking likely for a Christmas release this year. The next red dead and max payne which are both Rockstar will be out this year too.

Rented Black Ops and thought it was pony! So stuck with MW2 and then bought MW3

Never completed the games. I only buy to play online.

mattyslost - 17/1/2012 09:10

Rented Black Ops and thought it was pony! So stuck with MW2 and then bought MW3

Never completed the games. I only buy to play online.

Ever tried Battelfield? One of the best multiplayer games out at the moment. My cousins husband works for ATI so I got Battlefield for free and its well worth it.

Gran Turismo 5. I have played this game every week since November 2010. It's the longest I've ever played anything for.

I have Steering Wheel set up on a good stand, and I think that helps with the realism. In addition they put up new Challenges each week, which is what brings you back. Last week was Spa in the Wet and it was awesome.

I don't usually like driving games, but this is so much more.

avfcsimmsy - 17/1/2012 09:28

Diablo 3 is nearly here :D

Is that the one where you are a shirt lifter and have to go around bumming as many blokes as possible?

I thought that would be right up your alley....

Prepared - 17/1/2012 09:42

Batman:Arkham City
Uncharted 3
FIFA 12.

thats enough for me for now

What type of game is Batman? I saw you recommended it on the other thread, so was wondering where it fitted. I might give it a go.

I'll tell you what sort of game Batman is... its an AWESOME sort of game.

POW, BOOM, BOSH

There is a main storyline that plays out really really well and then there are side missions too..

So you start off as Wayne being captured along with loads of political type guys and taken to the new prison in Arkham City, you escape and assume the identity of the Bat and then you try and get to the bottom of the story which has Dr Strange, The Joker, Penguin, Cat Woman, Bane, Mr Sandman and The Mad Hatter all involved.

so its like a platform game where you can do what you like, like Grand Theft Auto... or you can play the missions etc and complete the story.

Batman is unbelievable.

The variety in all the side missions makes it great fun to play. They've improved the fighting in this one as well so when your being attacked by a group of people its not one at a time anymore.

I got the extra pack so I could play as Robin or Catwoman too which makes it even more fun.

Well worth it on Ebay

its also got some puzzles in that makes you think, you have to be clever to get past certain parts and it keeps you on your toes.

I love the game.

I have completed the main story but thats still only 33% of the game, so I have loads still to do.

I have the catwoman pack, I am gonna by the Robin one soon too

Did anyone play the Mass Effect games?

Mass Effect 3 is scheduled for release in March. The cracking thing about the series is it holds onto your character data from 1 and 2 meaning if you successfully completed it you keep the same character.