The Hounslow Globetrotters. | Vital Football

The Hounslow Globetrotters.

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
Brentford B, or the Hounslow Globetrotters as they shall now be known are playing some interesting fixtures, to date we've been out to Denmark and to play FCM, and are currently in Spain playing Vs La Liga sides - Villareal yesterday (lost 5-2. We've also played Chelsea and WBA here recently.

Maybe our Spanish correspondent Spanish Bee can find out more as i think we may play Valencia soon?

This B team concept is really growing on me and i'm keen to know more about the players and their potential to step up. Watch this space but i think MB is on to something here.....

Results and fixtures here .....Valencia up next

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/15-16-DS-Fixtures/index1.aspx

There isn’t much information available, but I’ll do my best. As you probably know the big clubs have ‘B’ teams that play in the lower leagues, but are not allowed to get promotion to the first division.

The third tier (Segunda B) is divided into four regional divisions and our boys are touring the eastern division in which play all the B teams of the big eastern clubs, e.g. Barcelona, Espanyol, Valencia and Villareal, so it is a really good standard.

Unlike the UK, there is not so much interest in clubs outside the first division, and when I tell Spanish football fans that you can get 10 thousand people watching a third division game they are truly astonished. My problem is that there is almost no information about these games because nobody except for a few diehards is really interested. It will be great experience as they will be facing a completely different kind of football which is technically a much higher standard than they are used to.

The reason for the difference between English and Spanish football at lower levels is simple based on my own experience. When I was a kid playing football in England, we played on a muddy field and I am old enough to remember the leather ball with laces, which when wet weighed a ton. The strongest kids did best. In Spain, only the top level have grass pitches, although this is changing, and we used to play on concrete covered in sand. This means that if your first touch is not perfect, you are stuffed because either the ball bounces high into the air, or somebody nicks it off you. I was big and heavy and good at football in England and when I came to Spain, kids half my size used to run rings round me.

I will keep a look out anyway and let you know if I find anything interesting, although they will talking about them and not about us.

Shame they aren't playing Figueres or even Girona.

I know what you mean about the pitches, Spanish. Figueres have an artificial pitch, and they water it before the match and at half time!

I quite like the idea of the 1pm games if I'm not working. In the past they have live streamed some of these on youtube so I guess they might do it again.

Is the B team of a higher standard than the development squad or is it basically the same thing?

Good question - no idea Beefeater. My guess is that the quality and variation of the opposition might improve our technical level and the flexibility of the players. But they are still just playing friendlies at the end of the day.

Time will tell but it's a very interesting idea.

I no nuthing. Your Spanish correspondent was unable to find out anything about the game on Friday because he was looking for Valencia Mestalla CF, the ‘B’ team, and they played the sub-19. Apparently according to the BFC site, there was a terrible refereeing decision. If you think you’ve got problems you should see some of the refs we’ve got over here, which is why there is so much diving.

Keep em peeled Spanish, i'm sure there will be more stuff to report on soon.

What's the skinny on Jota?

Jota spent the first game at Eibar on the bench, and the second game he played attacking midfield behind the striker and got subbed after 79 minutes. They've got a website in English so you can check up on his progress here http://www.sdeibar.com/en/player/jota. It all seems very strange to me.

Cheers for that, really frustrated about Jota, we really could ude him here and he seems to be flatlining at Eibar. In other Spanish news I saw that Tebar went to an Indian side yesterday.

How's Toral getting on?

http://www.granadacf.es/jugador/jon-toral
Played 73 minutes in first game 1-1. Wasn't even on bench for second game, but they got tanked 5-1 in Las Palmas. Might be injured? I didn't realise until now that his Mum is English.

Reminder that Liverpool will be at GP this week to play BFC B - free to have a gander.

Thursday 8th at 7PM.

Decent if you're not doing anything

Won on pens last night after a 2-2 draw - nearly 700 attended, anyone one here see it?

Seems like we have some very good prospects who can't be far off.