The horse w anchor | Page 2 | Vital Football

The horse w anchor

He still has made what he paid for the club many times over. he hasn't lost money, and will make a massive profit once he sells up.

It's just a shame the fat ***** won't make a massive loss unless they do a Sunderland.

Yeah that's why I'm asking Finn - I knew it was common knowledge that Hall knew about the intentions for Ashley to advertise SD on the back of NUFC (perfectly acceptable business deal on the face of it) but I'm just not aware of any conversations between them where Ashley would have suggested that there would be little investment and that the club would stop competing at all levels??
Well if that’s right - and I suppose it could be - but if that is the case Mac, then clearly he couldn’t give a shit any way you slice it.

SJH isn't whiter than white, I remember people saying he was a wolf in sheeps clothing. Built the Metrocentre using tax breaks and got his knighthood in 1991.

For me personally I don't care if a businessman is a ****, most of them are anyway. Not do i care if one makes money from NUFC, just put a team out that's ambitious and wants to win things. If you can't afford it then sell to someone who can/wants to. It's not fucking rocket science.

The money that's in football now is just ridiculous and it's one of the reasons why I have lost interest in the professional game. You're paying over the top prices for poor quality service. I don't think the players are as good now, they are coached as athlete's who can kick a ball. Players with natural ability are getting it coached out of them from an early age.

Its all about numbers and protecting the investment, it's shit!

I have followed NUFC since 1975 and its always been a basket case we have had some truly rotten owners, the joke was during our best seasons i couldnt get a ticket for home games because the masses had jumped aboard the NUFC express.The way that people who bought shares was a disgrace and showed what Hall and co were in it for. I do think that Ashley is probably the worst owner but in all honesty i have fallen out of love with NUFC and i cant see myself going back. My last home game was in 2010 but thinking back the whole football experience had changed with the football become secondary to posting updates on social media, my best memories of NUFC are from the 80’s we were shit but didnt really care done every game home and away for two seasons and had great craic a few scrapes and met some good lads. Then king kev came and fuck me those were great days hammering the mighty Rotherham away from home and singing and dancing like we had won the champions league and Grimsby away what a mental day. Nowadays football seems a bit bland and sterile, i have a season ticket for my local team and while the standard is not as good the attitude is 100 times better than what the PL offers.

I have followed NUFC since 1975 and its always been a basket case we have had some truly rotten owners, the joke was during our best seasons i couldnt get a ticket for home games because the masses had jumped aboard the NUFC express.The way that people who bought shares was a disgrace and showed what Hall and co were in it for. I do think that Ashley is probably the worst owner but in all honesty i have fallen out of love with NUFC and i cant see myself going back. My last home game was in 2010 but thinking back the whole football experience had changed with the football become secondary to posting updates on social media, my best memories of NUFC are from the 80’s we were shit but didnt really care done every game home and away for two seasons and had great craic a few scrapes and met some good lads. Then king kev came and fuck me those were great days hammering the mighty Rotherham away from home and singing and dancing like we had won the champions league and Grimsby away what a mental day. Nowadays football seems a bit bland and sterile, i have a season ticket for my local team and while the standard is not as good the attitude is 100 times better than what the PL offers.

The PL is shit! Billionaire owners trying to preserve their profit margins. No natural "footballers" are coming through because it's coached out of them. If you want football to be football then non league is where it's at.

Aye,think most of us on here are left with memories,ours,our bairns & our grandbairns,the carcass is rotting,keep well clear.
As for that little weasel trying to promote his book I've not read any of the extracts,it just gives the fkr oxygen.
Meanwhile enjoy the non league stuff & enjoy a kickabout with the bairns,if you don't have any kick a stone or penny floater on your own,owts more palatable than feeding fatty.

Oh thems the days where you had a name for a football. Could make a thread of it's own just discussing the various names.

Floater, caser, baal to name but a few.

The club has recently been spending big now the money is coming in. Shepherds daft spending and Ashley's relegation costs nearly paid off. Almiron, Joelinton, Maximin who's next in January? Can't wait for Maximin to be fully fit with Carroll as well. Think we'll be ok with Bruce.

The club has recently been spending big now the money is coming in. Shepherds daft spending and Ashley's relegation costs nearly paid off. Almiron, Joelinton, Maximin who's next in January? Can't wait for Maximin to be fully fit with Carroll as well. Think we'll be ok with Bruce.

Fuck off back to the other board you Ashley loving freak.Like its took 12 year to clear a so called 77m debt he was supposed to have inherited.

Well if that’s right - and I suppose it could be - but if that is the case Mac, then clearly he couldn’t give a shit any way you slice it.

I reckon what it is with me Finn is that Hall 'bought' himself a lot of plus points with me as a fan - so many positive memories directly linked to his leadership

I'm willing to turn a bit of a blind eye when it comes to people being ***** if they have positive equity in the bank

The fact that Ashley has us where we are now is to be blamed on no one other than Ashley in my opinion

I don't see it that way t00nraider. Joint favourites to be relegated, using a transfer policy which is for industry not a football club. By that I mean JIT (just in time) which is a system to increase efficiency and receive goods only when they are needed. The club doesn't buy in June or July, it waits until August which gives little or no time for a player to get used to formations, playing friendlies etc. All to save money. What a way to run a club.
The systematic bleeding of the club's finances season after season has only strengthened my hope for a manager who is shit and will not reach the achievements of his predecessor. I am confident this is now the case.
I notice Watford have just parted company with their manager and to think we struggled to get a draw with them at home.

I reckon what it is with me Finn is that Hall 'bought' himself a lot of plus points with me as a fan - so many positive memories directly linked to his leadership

I'm willing to turn a bit of a blind eye when it comes to people being ***** if they have positive equity in the bank

The fact that Ashley has us where we are now is to be blamed on no one other than Ashley in my opinion
Yes fair dos. Ashley is totally to blame - no doubt. I get the points in the bank analogy - “halo” effect I think it’s called in business management circles but he did let us (we, the fans) down and, as chief custodian, sold us out imo.

The fact that Ashley has us where we are now is to be blamed on no one other than Ashley in my opinion[/QUOTE

Reckon I’m with you on that one McC, if that makes me unprincipled or suchlike then hey ho.
Good Memories that will hopefully last a lifetime, has anyone got any under the porcine one? If they have PLEASE share them.

Hall sold us to an English billionaire - it doesn't sound like there is a great deal of evidence to suggest at the time that Ashley would turn out to be a nightmare

Hall turned out to be a twat but lets face it without him we would have been relegated to the third division and he did some positive things at NUFC. I can not think of one positive thing that Ashley has done since buying us.