The Henri Lansbury Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Henri Lansbury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought he had the talent to at least be a good squad player, no idea why he flopped so badly. Maybe it was too comfortable for him here.

I thought after seeing him score against us at Villa Park he'd be a great signing as he looked all action but with some quality as well. Looked decent on his debut but after that its like all the life was drained from him.

HIs time with us will be remembered for literally one thing, and one thing only - the disallowed goal against Palace last season. That's it. Nothing else. Literally nothing else.
Nothing player. Wasn't lacking technical ability in some ways but was athletically league one level. Add injury proneness and a lack of consistency and we had a giant waste of space on our hands.

We made him very rich, he was a parasite. But we were stupid enough to sign him on a big contract in the first place.

Well, it did turn into an interesting night for Aston Villa fans. For those not that bothered by youngster Indiana Vassilev's loan move out to Cheltenham Town a bit later in the night there was a piece of news we'd all long wanted to hear - utter flop Henri Lansbury finally agreed to move on and the club confirmed his departure as a mutual termination agreement was struck.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...angela-leaves-the-villa-today-is-a-great-day/

Bruce bought him for £3m along with loads on others during the winter ”window”. Bree, Hourihane, Lansbury and Hogan (among others). Glad that era is finally over But it is where we were at the time. I always remember the Luton league cup game under DiMateo - we were an absolute shambles, so Bruce had to do something. Unfortunately, he tended to buy on reputation and “collect” players.

We now appear to have a good youth set up, proper investment and hopefully we’ll continue to see the benefits of this. Thank McGrath for Nass and Wes. :utv:

HIs time with us will be remembered for literally one thing, and one thing only - the disallowed goal against Palace last season. That's it. Nothing else. Literally nothing else.

He mishit a shot that trickled into the bottom corner of the net at Elland Road in the final minutes too. But after those two things, I’m out

I thought after seeing him score against us at Villa Park he'd be a great signing as he looked all action but with some quality as well. Looked decent on his debut but after that its like all the life was drained from him.

To be fair, all the signings in that window suffered from Bruce ignoring them after a couple of games. Bruce doesn't improve players. Hourihane improved a lot under Dean.

I wonder if Chelsea fans are laughing at us the same over Barkley

Probably not as Lansbury isn't a Villa player anymore and he's their problem now. Barkleys heading only on loan so Chelsea are probably paying half his wages and he's heading back to Stamford Bridge in May.

3 months ago Frank was being criticised for letting Barkley leave on loan! Bizarre how quick things change.

And if Barkley has a couple of stormers over the next few weeks people will want us to sign him permanently again. I doubt anyone will want Henri back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.