The Henri Lansbury Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Henri Lansbury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would definitely fit into the all-time top-eleven of worst signings by the Villa. May just have overtaken Tommy Craig for the central midfield berth alongside the Djemba twins....
Sadly, I don't think it's his footballing ability that has seen him fail....

Did you drop him off V57 or was it someone else this time?
No JPA beat me to this one, he was never a problem for me as he never actually played, did he. As a footballer, he had so much more talent than Hourihane, His attitude to playing was not even close to Conor's and his injury record has to be questioned as with all sick note footballers. If they are truly that badly injured and can't play why is the club not binning them off on the insurance? Richards being another classic example,milked us for 4 years then packed up because he couldn't actually play. Unless of course we can retro clam his wages back now he's "retired" through injury.
We'll never know the truth I suppose

Would definitely fit into the all-time top-eleven of worst signings by the Villa. May just have overtaken Tommy Craig for the central midfield berth alongside the Djemba twins....
Sadly, I don't think it's his footballing ability that has seen him fail....

Remember that goal from Tommy Craig that arrowed into the top corner off the outside of his left boot

Had a fair bit of talent but little application or determination. Shame really but he has set himself up for life with his pay day from Villa if he has invested wisely.
Will he do OK at Brissle? I doubt it - he will fade into obscurity and perhaps never regret it. Compare him with Hourihane, who for some of his misgivings. always tried and was not prepared to sit back and take the money.

its always hard for any player to show his talent when not given a decent run of games has has never been fancied by the managers we have had for some reason i was shocked to hear that until recently he was our highest earner and i guess that saving on the wage bill has allowed us to bring in sansom
i think we need to move a few more fringe players on in the summer to build a better squad

its always hard for any player to show his talent when not given a decent run of games has has never been fancied by the managers we have had for some reason i was shocked to hear that until recently he was our highest earner and i guess that saving on the wage bill has allowed us to bring in sansom
i think we need to move a few more fringe players on in the summer to build a better squad

Taylor, Elmo, Engels, one of Steer or Heaton, one or both of El Ghazi and Trezeguet I can see being allowed to leave.

He was nothing more than a Show Pony/Prima Donna on the pitch living off the odd but rare good game.

In time every manager who he has been under has seen through him and moved him on which tells you everything.

I've no doubt he's a decent bloke but what use is that if you can't consistently do what is expected of you on the pitch.

Remember that goal from Tommy Craig that arrowed into the top corner off the outside of his left boot
All I remember about Tommy was him walking around in the centre-circle, pointing and shouting while the game played out around him. Sir Ron had made him captain almost immediately after signing him in what was one of his very few blunders as gaffer. Thankfully, Tommy's inabilities led to the promotion of Sir Dennis and we never looked back....

I can't remember, I just remember it flying in the top corner, it might have even been against us for Newcastle as I seem to recall black and white stripes. :LOL:
Double checked it was 16 Sept 1978 a 1-1 down B6 v Everton.
His debut was v Bristol City . His only other goal was a pen v Forest 30 sept 78
NB (possibly belongs in the Tommy Craig thread)

With Lansbury gone I think we've finally cleared the club of lads stealing a living. It's taken us a decade to recover from sacking Martin O'Neil. The money and wages wasted must be well north of 200M.

With Lansbury gone I think we've finally cleared the club of lads stealing a living. It's taken us a decade to recover from sacking Martin O'Neil. The money and wages wasted must be well north of 200M.

I blame MON for everything......everything!

I always thought he had the talent to at least be a good squad player, no idea why he flopped so badly. Maybe it was too comfortable for him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.