THE HAPPY NEW YEAR THREAD | Vital Football

THE HAPPY NEW YEAR THREAD

Greavswasthegreatest

Vital Football Legend
All it has been a horrible year BUT hopefully 2021 will see the end of the current pandemic, so keep smiling, keep posting keep safe and do have agreat NEW Year LOOKING FORWARD not back...

So sorry for anyone who have lost loved ones to this virus. You need to carry on living in respect of them and not give up! Life is precious and this is not a dry run...you on;ly live once, Bond was wrong ha ha.

It has been a great pleasure interacting with you all through this be it football, other interests, banter of the highest order. I am sure this site has kept most of us sane...some of course have always been dodgy of mind heh heh ,...you know who you are.

Anyway I have a few BIG fireworks to light tonight in my garden to upset all the neighbours who have dogs that shit all over the driveway and path in front of my house...joking most of the dog owners are ok but there are many ignorant ones as well..... you know who you are!

My good predictions for 2021 are as follows...,,,no bad ones allowed

Year does have a one at the end, so we will win the league and Marmite is a serial winner!
Covid will be beaten
We will be able to see and hug our loved ones
It will be like after the end of WWII ...feel good factors, parties gatherings fun
In nine months time there will be loads of new sprogs being born!...the lockdown generation!
Bale will emerge from the doldrums and set us alight

Fell free to add your own
Any way have as good a new year tonight as you can my fellow YIDs

Thank you all again for the companionship laughs tears and frustration associated with supporting spurs

Well done Greavsie for the MBE...well deserved but much too late IMO

HAPPY NEW YEAR VITAL SPURS

:party::guitar::toot::guiness::cheers::cheers::cheers:

HAPPY

Happy New Year everyone.

Just think, this time next year we might be forced to go to pubs again and kiss and hug complete strangers at midnight. This year we can go to bed at a sensible hour, then get up early and play golf without a hangover. You have to play with the cards you're dealt with right?

Here's to a great 2021 !!!

Great sentiments Greavsie.

10 years of fun and laughter on this site for me. I've choked on my coffee more than once. :thumbup:

Football (sports in general) are the one type of entertainment where all rational thought goes out the window and passion kicks in. The Covid year has shown that while there are many differing opinions about Spurs and how they do things, everyone on this site is worth listening to and, I might add, it's a very decent group of human beings.

All the best in health and happiness for 2021 to all of you.

Happy New Year everyone.

Just think, this time next year we might be forced to go to pubs again and kiss and hug complete strangers at midnight. This year we can go to bed at a sensible hour, then get up early and play golf without a hangover. You have to play with the cards you're dealt with right?

Here's to a great 2021 !!!
It’s really weird mutters ,,,
I won’t be going to bed early ,
I won’t be getting up early ,
And definitely won’t be playing golf .
But I know where you are coming from .

I hope the frost clears from the fairway in time for you tomorrow ,
I knew a bloke once that used to have trouble on the white grass .
He got over it by painting his Balls red .

I always thought he was a bit strange .
Still each to his own .
Have a great new year mate .

It’s really weird mutters ,,,
I won’t be going to bed early ,
I won’t be getting up early ,
And definitely won’t be playing golf .
But I know where you are coming from .

I hope the frost clears from the fairway in time for you tomorrow ,
I knew a bloke once that used to have trouble on the white grass .
He got over it by painting his Balls red .

I always thought he was a bit strange .
Still each to his own .
Have a great new year mate .

Nice poem. The ones that dont rhyme are more classy.

Thanks Greavsie for all your thoughts and wishes for the new year .
Thanks to everyone for your input in keeping me amused and informed all year .
We have some brilliant posters on here with some fantastic points of view .

It takes a good comedian on the tele to make me smile , some of you have made me laugh out loud .
Thank you all .

My predictions :

We will win the FACup
We will end up Third in the league
Me and my wife will go to Spain on holiday in September .
Covid restrictions will be lifted in June .
The pound will get stronger and stronger .
Boris will resign before October .
Harry will get an answer when he phones Virgin . Around March !
Me and Richmond will meet up for a drink .
This time next year Nick will be a millionaire.
Pompey’s pet zoo will open to the public .
Greavsie will come up with a funny joke .
80 will get an advent calendar that lasts the full twenty five days .
Gary will get a prediction wrong .
Raph will spell out all his words in full
RD will bounce back , back to his best .
Dele will stay and Jose will make him captain .
Ex will give up drinking .
USAF will post without using ‘ DAMN ‘
I will stop waffling on the GMT
Most posters will learn the Predictor rules ., and Nick will end up on minus twenty five points .
And everyone will have a year to remember for the right reasons .

Thanks to Ex , 80 , RD , Muttley, Matic and anybody else who works so hard to keep this site going .

Happy new year to you all . COYS

Unless you are the thread creator or 1st to post on such topics, by the time you realise there's a thread on this subject, anything you want to say has already been posted! However, that in itself is a great thing, knowing that you are amongst a community that has a lot in common, some very kind, friendly, jovial, knowledgeable, caring, sharing, listening, etc., etc., type of folks. May 2021 bring you wonderful guys and your families great fortunes and happiness.

...and a mention for the Vital Team...... THANK YOU for an amazing platform and that 2021 attracts many new faces.

Covid has been a bit like some of Spurs opponents. One minute you are winning, in control....... if you take your eye of the ball, it's back!. Fight it for the full 90 mins and we'll defeat it. Be safe.

Last edited: