The Guardian on Mr. Scally | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Guardian on Mr. Scally

Interesting to see what PS does. The club’s biggest asset is the land/stadium. I guess they could always take a bank loan secured against the stadium?!?[
Surely the water feature alone would provide enough security against the £700,000 debt.

To put it in to perspective, HMRC wound up Macclesfield over £190k of debt and Southend over £500k of unpaid taxes. They won’t be any more lenient with GFC even though it’s thoughts times.

Professional football clubs were ordered by the government to stop admitting spectators. Therefore they should be targeted for refund claims. Every club's fans could amalgamate into one organization and take the government to court to claim for compensation. Fat chance.
Individual clubs were expected to do as they were told.
Fat chance of that happening.
We paid a surcharge for business interruption insurance only took find that they had a get out clause buried in the t & c’s when it came to Covid.
Generally, the big guys win.
That’s why I was chuffed for the guy who took on Betfred.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a ball park figure of sums they think it would cost to take the government to court?

Assuming it had even a cats chance in hell as a case

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a ball park figure of sums they think it would cost to take the government to court?

Assuming it had even a cats chance in hell as a case

I am intrigued into what the basis of any claim would be.

The government passed emergency legislation to protect the NHS due to a pandemic.

This included closing large swathes of the economy including stadiums.

The government acted legally. I'm no lawyer but I think that's the end of any basis of claim.

If anyone wanted to pursue any form of refund surely its against the company who took your money and were then unable to provide the product or service your purchased, whether that be a theatre, travel agent, train operating company or football club.

Not sure the government has a case to answer here.