The Greedy Six | Vital Football

The Greedy Six

fanforlife

Alert Team
What are your views folks, I have no idea where this will all go myself or the consequences, I think it's all about greedy owners who don't actually give a monkies about the football or its supporters.

I know the Smiths aren’t always popular amongst some on here, but this is the exact reason why I am personally happy with the way they run the club on the whole. You can fault them for some things, and Norwich do sometimes get fan engagement wrong, but on the whole they absolutely care about the fans, the local community and the club is engaged in the area.

this latest show by the so called “big six” just shows these Yanks and Middle Eastern owners couldn’t give the slightest fuck about their clubs fans. They’ll happily stomp all over them, their history, just to grab themselves some more guaranteed money.

I hope the PL/EFL/FA tell them to piss off out of our domestic leagues, and use it as a basis to reform English football for the better long term without them

I assume that with no relegation from or promotion to this so called Super League then sad 12 would eventually rot away through sterile , passionless boredom , and when they come running back to the Premier League they should be barred from doing so . The Premier League will still have big clubs in the 20 as there will be huge clubs like Derby County , Nottingham Forest and Sunderland to take their place and quite frankly I won’t miss the likes of the so called big 6.

We all have differing opinions about the Smifffs and I am at a bit of a loss to understand why this announcement suddenly makes them the most wonderful owners , which they are not . They will still have no money to invest in the ground or buy the players we need to succeed , and will still have no ambition to succeed either .... and no-one should ever forget their stated hatred of the Premier League

Money above all else...Traitors to football

Henry-Liverpool
Levy-Spurs
Glazer-Manure
Mansour- Man City
Abramovic-Chelski
Kroenke-Arsenal

I assume that with no relegation from or promotion to this so called Super League then sad 12 would eventually rot away through sterile , passionless boredom , and when they come running back to the Premier League they should be barred from doing so . The Premier League will still have big clubs in the 20 as there will be huge clubs like Derby County , Nottingham Forest and Sunderland to take their place and quite frankly I won’t miss the likes of the so called big 6.

We all have differing opinions about the Smifffs and I am at a bit of a loss to understand why this announcement suddenly makes them the most wonderful owners , which they are not . They will still have no money to invest in the ground or buy the players we need to succeed , and will still have no ambition to succeed either .... and no-one should ever forget their stated hatred of the Premier League

Hows about us kicking a ball first in the Prem eh Mick! Delia turned you down once for a date all those years ago and still you haven't gotten over it!

Money above all else...Traitors to football

Henry-Liverpool
Levy-Spurs
Glazer-Manure
Mansour- Man City
Abramovic-Chelski
Kroenke-Arsenal

See what those owners think of fans really - "legacy fans". Only interested in their rich mates making up corporate tickets and giving them more money, not fans/generations of people who've been going to the club for longer than they've been alive.

If the PL/FA allows them to go off and create this super league, and continue playing in our domestic structure, then I think this might be the straw that broke the camels back for me and football. VAR has me teetering already

As I understand it, there would be 20 teams. 15 permanent and 5 selected by some as yet unpublished criteria. The proponents are talking about the money being better distributed across the whole of football; there are also buzzwords about the fans. As yet little detail, which is where the devil lies. Apparently they plan to hold midweek games while still continuing to play in their respective leagues. The owners of those leagues are saying 'no way'.

This reminds me a bit about when Kerry Packer started a breakaway competition in cricket. Players were warned that they would not be allowed to play for England if they joined up. Roll the clock forward and we have England players earning big bucks in IPL and various sort form international competitions abound.

It seems a bit rich that EUAFA, PL etc. cry greed and all about the money, not the fans, when that is what they have been about for years. Only recently have small steps been made in rolling down funds for clubs outside the top tiers so I listen to what they say while being aware they are just protecting their vested interests.

It may or may not take off but I bet that in five years time things will not be a lot different.

A

Agreed YB, but they will hate the Premier league less without the sad 6.

It is quite interesting that the sad 6 only have 2 in current top 4 so if league ends the same as now, 4 would not even be in champions league.

If they want to play there own little games on their own, then cancel their FA Contracts and registration immediately as they've already signed up, strip them immediately of their current points in total, eject them from the Premier League immediately never to return, Boris to create a law banning them from ever playing in England again, compulsory purchase their stadiums for one quid and then rip them down, flog off the land for better housing, then split the profits among the rest of the football leagues and pyramid. Ban any English player from playing for them and no one who has played can play again back in England or have anything to do with football including advertising and commentating or any other way for life. Ban them from any transfers from any of the registered football academies or clubs, deny them fostering any academies in UK. Ban all of their games being broadcast in UK and ban all reporting of them. Make void all overseas ownership of English football clubs. Ban UK Town and Place names being used for sporting teams of discredited leagues and outside of the UK. Tax any participant 90% and the money to go back into regulated football in the UK. You need players to play - stop them and in a few years it will starve from lack of renewable sources or have foreign names that no-one will recognise.
By the way, I just thought I'd mention that I dont agree with the greedy sods just in case you werent sure.

If they want to play there own little games on their own, then cancel their FA Contracts and registration immediately as they've already signed up, strip them immediately of their current points in total, eject them from the Premier League immediately never to return, Boris to create a law banning them from ever playing in England again, compulsory purchase their stadiums for one quid and then rip them down, flog off the land for better housing, then split the profits among the rest of the football leagues and pyramid. Ban any English player from playing for them and no one who has played can play again back in England or have anything to do with football including advertising and commentating or any other way for life. Ban them from any transfers from any of the registered football academies or clubs, deny them fostering any academies in UK. Ban all of their games being broadcast in UK and ban all reporting of them. Make void all overseas ownership of English football clubs. Ban UK Town and Place names being used for sporting teams of discredited leagues and outside of the UK. Tax any participant 90% and the money to go back into regulated football in the UK. You need players to play - stop them and in a few years it will starve from lack of renewable sources or have foreign names that no-one will recognise.
By the way, I just thought I'd mention that I dont agree with the greedy sods just in case you werent sure.
Where does the hang, draw and quarter bit come in Steve

What are your views folks, I have no idea where this will all go myself or the consequences, I think it's all about greedy owners who don't actually give a monkies about the football or its supporters.

Talk Sport were claiming that the Prem League has a rule that means they can kick out the top 6 clubs if they go with this European League. The Top 6 want their cake and eat it, oh we want both until our European League is financially more valuable and then they can say goodbye to the Prem League.

Personally I want them to go and then the remaining Prem League + 6 clubs moved up can be more competitive as a league. However it may mean less TV money for each of the remaining Prem League clubs compared to recent seasons.

BACK TO REAL FOOTBALL!

Last edited:
Talk Sport were claiming that the Prem League has a rule that means they can kick out the top 6 clubs if they go with this European League. The Top 6 want their cake and eat it, oh we want both until our European League is financially more valuable and then they can say goodbye to the Prem League.

Personally I want them to go and then the remaining Prem League + 6 clubs moved up can be more competitive as a league. However it may mean less TV money for each of the remaining Prem League clubs compared to recent seasons.

BACK TO REAL FOOTBALL!
If I was a supporter of the so called sad 6, I would be devastated that my club were selling our game completely down the swannie.

I've not met one fan of the six clubs who thinks that this is a good idea.
Personally I think it stinks.
Greed is ruining football.