The Great Unveiling (21/22 Predictor Leagues) | Vital Football

The Great Unveiling (21/22 Predictor Leagues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

USAFSPURS

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
My friends...and 80! (hahaha!)

The time has finally arrived. I know many of you have had to endure many sleepless nights waiting for this magic moment. To be honest I wanted to keep you waiting longer to prolong your pain...Walt said "No!"...

Before I detail the 2 leagues, let me first say that I will not be discussing scoring at the moment. Walt and I are refining the scoring system for both leagues. We will post that at a later date...probably an update to this thread. Rest assured that the scoring system will largely remain the same with some small tweaks to raise the stakes some and punish the weak!!

1. The All New, Great 21/22 Predictor League

-This league is the one you know and love already.
-Anybody and everybody that wants to post will be on the table...and of course open to ridicule along the way.
-This league will have players predicting the 38 PL League games and cup games.

2. The Inaugural 21/22 Vital Spurs Champions League

*I mean what the hell, if our real team can't get the job done...we will do it ourselves!!!

-This league is open for all Vital Spurs members as well, but we will ask that those that want to play sign up before the season gets going so we can get things organized. (Champions League format)
-Once we have the players set, we will seed the according to how they finished the last Predictor league season. (yeah bitches you should have taken it seriously!!) But for those that didn't play, don't worry we will get you in. In reality we really want everyone involved in this as well, so we can have lots of Groups...
-Once we seed, we will organize all the players into Groups of 4. The players in the groups will play head to head (home and away)...and the top two will advance to the knock out round...

**again just like CL format...you get it. The scoring for this will be a tad different to account for home and away...shootouts...etc...

-This league will have players predicting the ECL games. And don't worry...Walt and I have already planned for the "Spursy" moment...so if/when Spurs crash out, we will transition to PL games as well...etc...either way you don't have to worry...Walt and I have that.

----------------------------

Again Walt and I really think everyone loved the Predictor league and wanted to build on it...so we hope you guys enjoy it. I know we are both excited to get things going.

Please let us know what you think on this thread...feedback is appreciated!

Walt - let me know if I missed anything!!! Apologies if I did!

Trust an American to come along and ruin our game. What have you done Walt in letting this happen!
We have no boundaries ., Spurs have no boundaries , this is going to be awesome .
If you thought I was harsh with the rules last season , you ain’t seen ‘nuttin yet !:punk:
We haven’t developed the last version of the rule book yet , but suffice to say it runs into several volumes .:contract:
get your name down and join in , it’s going to be a:party::toot:

So the great announcement is...the predictor league is the same but we will filter out the Conference games for a new grand league which is a third tier cup for the kids to play in.
The Conference has created so much interest nobody can be bothered on here to run a Euro thread that Ex asked for. Which I deduce means those who know a little about third tier Euro teams aren't interested.
Maybe the prospect of a prize will bring them out the woodwork. ?

Well done guys, I'm in. I do share Nick's reservations though about elevating the Conference to a separate league if that is the case, he's correct to say that we'll probably never have heard of the opposition more often than not, or maybe even some of the players who will be turning out for us.
If two predictor comps were to be introduced, I would have thought it better to have the 38 game PL predictor, and another in respect of all Cup competitions FA, Carabao and Conference.

It's hard enough predicting the games outcomes without knowing the line ups due to Walts unfathomable rules. But we will be going in to games totally blind for the Conference League. Not knowing anything about the opposition players, managers, style of play or form. Because nobody wants to inform us.
We will have to do all the research individually to make a prediction. 20 to 30 guys feverishly googling unheard of players, managers and teams !!
Unless of course one of us wants to step up to the plate and educate us ? Then again they might give us all a bum steer to influence our predictions.

Seeding from the predictor league places the 200 club top 4 in a group together including Walt who finished third in his own league under his own rules. Not that I am suggesting any underhandedness. Just saying you know, league administrator gets top seeding !!
Second group has 80 and USAF together who will collude against the other 2 in their group to make sure the North Americans go through.
I am in a group with Pomp against Smithy and Meee. I will research the feck out of each game but pass the info onto Pomp only, cos we are pond buddies !!

I'd like to take part but unfortunately i missed so many ot the games due to my busy work schedule. Is there some sort of alert system or some other way to highlight the next game on the main site? I only ask because at times there were two or more predictor threads running simultaneously, which did become a tad confusing.

So the great announcement is...the predictor league is the same but we will filter out the Conference games for a new grand league which is a third tier cup for the kids to play in.
The Conference has created so much interest nobody can be bothered on here to run a Euro thread that Ex asked for. Which I deduce means those who know a little about third tier Euro teams aren't interested.
Maybe the prospect of a prize will bring them out the woodwork. ?
Got it all wrong again Nick ! Wearing blinkers again ! :ninja:
You know nothing about it yet and have already become judge and jury . :bounce::ban:
it’s got nothing at all to do with the Euro thread Ex thought you could apply yourself to ,.
As you seem to know all about it ,,you may want to reconsider your decision to snub him . :hmmm:

Last edited:
I'd like to take part but unfortunately i missed so many ot the games due to my busy work schedule. Is there some sort of alert system or some other way to highlight the next game on the main site? I only ask because at times there were two or more predictor threads running simultaneously, which did become a tad confusing.
Eh ? There was only one predictor thread Steve , The Great Predictor league . 80 opens the thread about ten days before the game is due , alongside the Match Thread . There is one thread where we discuss the upcoming game, and one thread where we predict the score for the upcoming game .
Get yourself in it and it will become second nature .

Status
Not open for further replies.