The Great It Will Be All White On The Night Thursday Night Euro Conference Predictor Thread . | Vital Football

The Great It Will Be All White On The Night Thursday Night Euro Conference Predictor Thread .

Walthamstow wanderer

Alert Team
Staff member
Or ,,,, the ECL predictor thread !!!!!
Now that we have qualified for the group stages , the Great Predictor Thread is evolving to embrace the Thursday night experiences .

The format will be alongside the group stages that are actually pla .
. We are looking to form 8 groups of 4 posters . ( we can adapt to other numbers as and when ) .
We will be setting out the groups once we have the final numbers .

THE CUT OFF DATE TO GET YOUR NAMES IN, ……..IS THE 6th SEPTEMBER !

Groups will be seeded as of the final table from last season , more about that and the adapted rules , later .
Don’t worry , the rules are basically the same as the domestic league .
Just a few devious alterations :hehe:

THOSE THAT ARE IN
——————————-to date .
Gary
USAF
Sheringham
RD
Walt
Greavsie
Smithy
Matic
Muttley
Spurs 54
Critical
Pompey
Total
Meee
SpursEagle
EX
SJM
Lijaboc
Vinnie
Scott
Littlest Hobo
Sukhothai
Steve P
Hod
Philaspur
Fevvers
Rambro
Spesh
Kiwi .
Kl Spurs
that is thirty one in number , brilliant , thank you

——————————
THOSE WE HAVENT HEARD FROM YET
Blue white
Swindon Spurs
Barnsley
OcDorMin
XVausch
Swankey
Freund
Welshtel
Ravenskane
Richmond
Stupops
Topspur
Trustmeiknow
Canadian
Spurs 1569
Spurs1882
Jonesy
Cummins

and anybody else I might have missed .

we need you to let us know if you want to be included in the group stages , please do not get this confused with the PL domestic predictor league .
You do not have to “register” for that .

Remember the cut off date is the 6th September .
thanks to all .
It costs nothing and there is a lot to gain …..

Last edited:
Three days left now to get your name down , if you haven’t already . Eleven pm 6 th September , the window will slam shut .
Jim White is coming round to my house to keep a close eye on it all
The clock is ticking .,

Tick tock , tick tock , tick tock!!!!!!!!!

Ex , can you give me a number between and 24 and 32 please .

80 , can you give me a letter from A B C or D Please .
thanks .

Not my house so I won't try to rock the boat too much. But there's a few names on the "not signed up" list that seem to be active in the domestic competition. Perhaps it would be an idea to automatically sign participants to one up to both in case they have somehow missed the gazilion posts about them being separate...but I've no idea what you two have got in store for us with this so you do you and I'll leave it in your incapable hands

Not my house so I won't try to rock the boat too much. But there's a few names on the "not signed up" list that seem to be active in the domestic competition. Perhaps it would be an idea to automatically sign participants to one up to both in case they have somehow missed the gazilion posts about them being separate...but I've no idea what you two have got in store for us with this so you do you and I'll leave it in your incapable hands

think that's a smart move.

Thanks Meee I understand where you are coming from , ……..we are open to this falling apart as it is ….if those that have opted in , don’t post ,,or predict .
Making up groups from those that have not shown an interest is akin to adding to our problems .
we can use the “other “ posters as subs if and when , but I appreciate your suggestion . Thanks mate

Last edited:
Ok ,

the window has slammed shut , there was no last minute business , nobody dipped their toes in the transfer market ,,even though it was free .
So we are now left with 31 posters to form 8 groups .

I asked Ex and 80 ,,without explanation, to give me a letter and a number within a defined parameter and they came up with 25 A .

25 A will now become a “bye” within the groups .
The groups will be decided on seedings from the end of last season with Gary as No 1 ,,Spurs 54 as No2 and so on .
Those that have joined us this season will be given a seeding from the alphabetic listing of their avatars or , if just a number , the lowest number first .
We will have 8 groups of four ( one group will have 3)
……………………………………………………
The winners and runners up in each group will go into the knockout stages and play against each other , again on a predetermined listing from the seedings .

The winners and runners up will go into the knockout stages and form Pool A
……………………………………………………..

The third and fourth placed posters will go into the knockout stages and form Pool B .

…………………………………………………….
Pool A and Pool B will be separate knock out competitions
,,…………………………………………….

We have pre determined matches in the knockout stages , for example

winner Group A v runner up Group C
Runner up group A v winner group c

and so on .

The same pattern will be repeated in Pool
B
……………………………………………………..
Eventually ,,somehow , miraculously,?we will have two winners , one from Pool A and one from Pool B .
Then we will have a champion of Champions match .
Throughout , there will be cash prizes !!!!!!!
And …….It won’t cost anybody anything . !!!!!!
……………………………………………………..

Now for the seedings . 25 will be a void seeding as determined by Ex who had no idea why I asked for that number , and it meant nothing to him as he couldn’t know what it entailed .
1) Gary
2) Spurs 54
3) Walt
4) Total
5) USAF
6) Sheringham
7) SpursEagle
8) 80
9) Smithy
10) Pompey
11) Meee
12) Critical
13) SJM
14) Greavsie
15) Muttley
16) Ex
17) Scott
18) Vinnie
19 ) Fevvers
20) Steve P
21 ) Kiwi
22) Spesh
23) Matic
24) Hod
25) ……………
26) RD
27) Rambro
28)KL Spur
29) Lijaboc
30 ) Littlest Hobo
31) Philaspur
32) Sukhothai.

we will publish the groups shortly ,
They will sort themselves out ,

Group A
1, 9, 17 , 25

B
2, 10 , 18 , 26

C
3, 11, 19 ,27

D
4, 12, 20, 28

E
5, 13,, 21, 29

F
6 , 14 , 22. 30

G
7, 15, 23, 31

H
8, 16, 24, 32 .

Now , although the window has shut , it doesn’t shut properly …….. Its got a dodgy lock ……
There is still one space left . !
If any of the above doesn’t make sense , it will later on . Hopefully
USAF WILL BE PUBLISHING THE RULES LATER .
you will only have a few days to learn them before we have an exam on them . !!!!!!!

It’s going to be emotional !

if I’ve made a cock up anywhere USAF WILL PUT IT RIGHT !

Last edited:
RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

The time has come my fellow Spurs warriors!!! Walt, thank you my friend for laying out the grouping plan...yes it will take a fine form of higher mathematics to keep this straight...but we got this...and if anyone quibbles...well we will dock them points and shame them mercilessly.

Rules for The "TGIWBAWOTNTNECPT" I love that acronym, let is stand proud forever!

Don't fret...the general rules are the same as our beloved Predictor League...but due to group play and head to head competition we have added a few twists detailed below.

1) correct score …………………..5 points
2) correct outcome ………………2 points
3) wrong outcome ………..minus 2 points
4) correct scorer ……….…………1 point
5) correct goal difference…………1 point

**If you get the correct score, the others are additive. (Identical to the Predictor league)

6) Only predictions posted on the Appropriate Prediction Match Thread will be considered legitimate predictions. Predictions on any other thread will not be considered. (Repeat offenders or lame quibbling will be reviewed by the council (Walt & I) for a possible deduction of points for being a dumbass!)

7) All Score predictions must be made prior to TWO hours before kickoff. Posts entered after that will not be accepted.

8) Any named goalscorer can be changed for any reason up until kickoff.

**New Rules specific to the CL format Predictor league**

9) There will be a Home and Away element introduced. All posters will be seeded in this competition, based on last season’s finishing positions. Gary, our champion, will be No 1; Spurs54 will be No 2 and so on. Alphabetical order will decide any unworkable positions. If there are any posters with numbers only then the lowest first number will be used. When Spurs are at home, the highest seeded poster will be deemed the home side. The home poster will NOT be penalized two points for a wrong outcome. This gives a Home Advantage, much the same as the actual game. In the Away fixture, all normal prediction rules are in effect.

10) In any event of a Tie in any circumstances (league qualification or knockout game) the points from the current game and the previous two games will be added together. If this doesn’t give a result, the poster who posted the SCORE first the most times will be awarded one extra point.

**Rules of Play / or better known as the “Walt/USAF Laws”**

**I was going to re-write these...but hell they are brilliant already...why mess with perfection!

11) All bribes, inducements, backhanders, and compliments will be gratefully received.

--Rarely the truly deserving who have mastered the age old art of the ‘bribe’ may be granted an exception. An example of a true and honorable bribe would be the player requesting our address so they may ship us a bottle of a fine beverage. (Amber Nectar according to my friend Walt) So yes, bribes are not only accepted but encouraged.

--Unsuccessful bribes will be met with much shame and deserved public humiliation!

12) Any and all underhanded tactics will at first be admired, hopefully respected but ultimately dismissed and named and shamed unless accompanied by the previously mentioned Amber Nectar.

13) The council may award bonus points for any reason at any time as we see fit and proper.

14) The council may deduct points for any reason at any time as we see fit and proper.

15) Pleas for rule changes will be discussed and pondered (this is aided by said Amber Nectar of course), but may ultimately be ignored and shaming of the requestor will commence.

16) Our decisions in any circumstances are final. Anyone found guilty of throwing their toys out of their pram will be subjected to the rules as mentioned above, but the final outcome may be tempered by the bribes and inducements. We are only human.

17) Anyone wishing to introduce happiness and humor into the proceedings will be welcomed with open arms.