The Great FA cup Carabao Cup/Euro Conference league table | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Great FA cup Carabao Cup/Euro Conference league table

Here we go ,

The inaugural Conference league table .
Thursday 16 th September 2021 .
Rennes away .
After being protected from the first whistle by a marvellous referee, who didn’t let the opposition thugs get away with anything , and a fantastic performance by the Marauding
Doherty and his famous ball crossing skills , we came away with a creditable draw .
An OG and Hojbjerg ….who amazingly nobody predicted .

We had twenty four posters , twenty of whom thought we were going to win , and four who correctly said we would draw ,…including Scott who did his best to ruin his chances , but was too late to change and ended up being the only correct score….

Sadly , seven didn’t post and received a minus two score
Pete Brady ….. just went missing again
Fevvers……… did not post
Rambro ..,too late
Steve Perryman …. Did not post
Spesh ,,, missed the boat
Littlest Hobo… did not post
Phil … did not post .

So to the groups and standings .

Group A
8 pts .. Scott
-2 Gary
-2 Smithy
-2 Pete Brady

Group B
3 pts RD
-2 Spurs 54
-2 Pompey
-2 Vinnie

Group C
-2 Walt
-2 Meee
-2 Fevvers
-2 Rambro

Group D
-2 Total
-2 Critical
-2 Steve P
-2 KL

Group E
-2 USAF
-2 SJM
-2 Kiwi
-2 Lijaboc

Group F
-2 Sheringham
-2 Greavsie
-2 Spesh
-2 Littlest Hobo

Group G
-2 SpursEagle
-2 Muttley
-2 Matic
-2 Phil

Group H
3 Hod
3 Sukhothai
-2 80
-2 Ex

So thanks for taking part ,

remember ,,the top two will go into the Pool A knockout competition , the bottom two will go into Pool B knockout competition .
Provided we get that ‘kin far …..
And we have enough players to put a team out !!!!!!
Take care all ,
You are back in USAF ‘ s hands on Sunday .

if I’ve made a fuck up , I’m sure you will let me know , I will leave this thread open for a while . Don’t embarrass me if I’ve done a good job though !!

Last edited:
Here we go ,

The inaugural Conference league table .
Thursday 16 th September 2021 .
Rennes away .
After being protected from the first whistle by a marvellous referee, who didn’t let the opposition thugs get away with anything , and a fantastic performance by the Marauding
Doherty and his famous ball crossing skills , we came away with a creditable draw .
An OG and Hojbjerg ….who amazingly nobody predicted .

We had twenty four posters , twenty of whom thought we were going to win , and four who correctly said we would draw ,…including Scott who did his best to ruin his chances , but was too late to change and ended up being the only correct score….

Sadly , seven didn’t post and received a minus two score
Pete Brady ….. just went missing again
Fevvers……… did not post
Rambro ..,too late
Steve Perryman …. Did not post
Spesh ,,, missed the boat
Littlest Hobo… did not post
Phil … did not post .

So to the groups and standings .

Group A
8 pts .. Scott
-2 Gary
-2 Smithy
-2 Pete Brady

Group B
pts RD
-2 Spurs 54
-2 Pompey
-2 Vinnie

Group C
-2 Walt
-2 Meee
-2 Fevvers
-2 Rambro

Group D
-2 Total
-2 Critical
-2 Steve P
-2 KL

Group E
-2 USAF
-2 SJM
-2 Kiwi
-2 Lijaboc

Group F
-2 Sheringham
-2 Greavsie
-2 Spesh
-2 Littlest Hobo

Group G
-2 SpursEagle
-2 Muttley
-2 Matic
-2 Phil

Group H
3 Hod
3 Sukhothai
-2 80
-2 Ex

So thanks for taking part ,

remember ,,the top two will go into the Pool A knockout competition , the bottom two will go into Pool B knockout competition .
Provided we get that ‘kin far …..
And we have enough players to put a team out !!!!!!
Take care all ,
You are back in USAF ‘ s hands on Sunday .

if I’ve made a fuck up , I’m sure you will let me know , I will leave this thread open for a while . Don’t embarrass me if I’ve done a good job though !!

Yeah, you messed up. If everyone is on the same points then it should be done in alphabetical order (Rule 314.15)

I'm the only one in the correct place in our group :LOL:

So those who couldn't be bothered to post a prediction get penalised the same points as those that do but get the outcome wrong ?
I wouldn't be happy with that if I was taking part ! At least they are contributing !

He takes the minutes in the boardroom Walt. You'd better be on your game when it comes to the rules.
Spending too much time with Daniel Levy .
It’s rubbing off on him .
There is no point trying to negotiate his position .
The fact that everyone is in points order and then seeding order has completely escaped him .
Im getting on to Ryan and will send him an email , hopefully Ryan will sort out his thinking process before it’s too late .
He seems to be the only voice of reason at these meetings .

So those who couldn't be bothered to post a prediction get penalised the same points as those that do but get the outcome wrong ?
I wouldn't be happy with that if I was taking part ! At least they are contributing !
:blah::blah::blah:
How on Earth do you know they couldn’t be bothered .
There are any number of reasons why someone hasn’t posted.

Let’s hope they haven’t got a life to get on with.

I’ve got a good idea ,, let’s have a sliding scale of points deductions depending on why posters have not not posted .

They will have to post and let me know though .

Dear Walt
I’m sorry I haven’t posted today , because …………………………………. ( fill in blank , but it had better be good or you might get penalised heavily )
I promise to do better next week .

. I can’t believe you are not happy with posters not contributing ……… pot .. kettle :rofl:

:blah::blah::blah:
How on Earth do you know they couldn’t be bothered .
There are any number of reasons why someone hasn’t posted.

Let’s hope they haven’t got a life to get on with.

I’ve got a good idea ,, let’s have a sliding scale of points deductions depending on why posters have not not posted .

They will have to post and let me know though .

Dear Walt
I’m sorry I haven’t posted today , because …………………………………. ( fill in blank , but it had better be good or you might get penalised heavily )
I promise to do better next week .

. I can’t believe you are not happy with posters not contributing ……… pot .. kettle :rofl:

I said....if I was taking part I wouldn't be happy. I decided not to sign up, if I had, I would have predicted.

Spending too much time with Daniel Levy .
It’s rubbing off on him .
There is no point trying to negotiate his position .
The fact that everyone is in points order and then seeding order has completely escaped him .
Im getting on to Ryan and will send him an email , hopefully Ryan will sort out his thinking process before it’s too late .
He seems to be the only voice of reason at these meetings .

Daniel said that coming second is why he's such a legend :LOL:

Well , what a strange night ……

Meee … what happened , if you hadn’t altered your prediction , with five minutes left , you had the perfect score , result and scorers .

Sheringham posted 7-0 , then went 3-1 but never gave any scorers .
Critical predicted 3-0 with three scorers , then changes his mind and decided to use four scorers !
Ex only just got off the plane on time .

I forgot to predict anything !!!!!!

but
Two in group G came up with correct scores , SpursEagle and Phil . Well done …….

Scotty is running away with it in his group .

so …….
Group A
15 Scott
2 Gary
2 Smithy
-4 Pete Brady

Group B
9 RD
4 Pompey
2 Spurs54
2 Vinnie

Group C
3 Rambro
2 Meee
-4 Walt
-4 Fevvers

Group D
5 KL
1 Total
1 Steve P
0 Critical

Group E
4 Lijaboc
2 Kiwi
1 SJM
0 USAF

GROUP F
5 Spesh
3 Littlest Hobo
1 Greavsie
0 Sheringham

Group G
10 SpursEagle
6 Philaspur
3 Matic
2 Muttley

Group H
8 Hod
5 Sukhothai
2 Ex
0 80

Well done to all , thanks for taking part , shame I couldn’t join you . What a knob !
Good luck with your predictions for Sunday , it’s going to be emotional .

I will leave this open for a while for bouquets or brickbats !

Well , what a strange night ……

Meee … what happened , if you hadn’t altered your prediction , with five minutes left , you had the perfect score , result and scorers .

Sheringham posted 7-0 , then went 3-1 but never gave any scorers .
Critical predicted 3-0 with three scorers , then changes his mind and decided to use four scorers !
Ex only just got off the plane on time .

I forgot to predict anything !!!!!!

but
Two in group G came up with correct scores , SpursEagle and Phil . Well done …….

Scotty is running away with it in his group .

so …….
Group A
15 Scott
2 Gary
2 Smithy
-4 Pete Brady

Group B
9 RD
4 Pompey
2 Spurs54
2 Vinnie

Group C
3 Rambro
2 Meee
-4 Walt
-4 Fevvers

Group D
5 KL
1 Total
1 Steve P
0 Critical

Group E
4 Lijaboc
2 Kiwi
1 SJM
0 USAF

GROUP F
5 Spesh
3 Littlest Hobo
1 Greavsie
0 Sheringham

Group G
10 SpursEagle
6 Philaspur
3 Matic
2 Muttley

Group H
8 Hod
5 Sukhothai
2 Ex
0 80

Well done to all , thanks for taking part , shame I couldn’t join you . What a knob !
Good luck with your predictions for Sunday , it’s going to be emotional .

I will leave this open for a while for bouquets or brickbats !
Thanks Walt. Do I get a consolation point for my initial prediction of Spurs to win by four with Kane scoring a hat trick. Only changed it when the teams were announced, how was I to know that he was marked down to come on as a sub and score that hat trick in the last twenty minutes

Thanks Walt. Do I get a consolation point for my initial prediction of Spurs to win by four with Kane scoring a hat trick. Only changed it when the teams were announced, how was I to know that he was marked down to come on as a sub and score that hat trick in the last twenty minutes
If you had a cookie Smithy , you showed how it would crumble !!!

unlucky mate . You and Meee both shouldn’t have changed , nor Critical .