The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 52 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

Yes, I think he will leave, but I do not think he is the type to hold the Club to ransom.

Just in case he gets any stupid ideas, the Club need to make it clear that they have looked after him well during his time at the Club and we want a fair return for that, while emphasising that we will decide what is acceptable and not his agent.

I feel Cash is a solid lad with his head screwed on. He knows this season went exceptionally well for him personally. This time last year he had just played the one fixture v WBA at fullback. Where he was given a bit of a run around. Some (including myself) were heard to mutter “Cash is no fullback”. Having proven us wrong, he needs to repeat it this year. If he has a drop in form, he is more likely to be given time at Forest that at hammers or blades. If he doesn’t suffer a drop in form, the transfer window is back open two months after closure.

It is more likely the insider at Forest, when asked , replied something along the lines of Cash being keen to play in Premiership, no mention of transfer. He and Forest know he has a good long contract and they value him at £15m. Every player has his price and that, at present is his. ‘Ammers can Agitate and hang lucrative contracts in front of him but Forest can stick to guns. They are not in fire sale. £15m is the price not the opening gambit.

Matty will not have his head turned. He knows his ability and time is on his side.

6ft is hardly tiny, and if you read a game well (and have a good relationship with the rest of the back 4) it's actually very rare a CB is exposed 1v1 where a striker can utilise space - especially at this level. He is apparently very comfortable on the ball, which is an area we struggle with.

Not saying he's going to be great but at this level there will always be limitations and Oxford fans do like him.

6 foot isn’t small, but Forest last season had two 6 ft plus CD’s for all matches. How often were they exposed, particularly at back post and late in games. To be fair the two CD’s did well on the whole but teams that had two 6 ft plus attackers and two 6ft plus defenders at set pieces caused us problems. If we are going to have 6 ft defenders we need at least one 6ft attacker dropping back to mark equivalent number.

Think back to Millwall. Smith in attack and Cooper in defence, both head and shoulders above our players. Just their presence caused the defence to wobble. Millwall also had five other 6 footers. Managers just brought on taller and taller players to out jump our defence.

A good bigun will always beat a good littlun.

Neither can head a ball any distance. I dont know if its new training but they all appear to head the ball on the top of their heads. Even if they come up for corners they do.

AC, can you give them some tips at head chap?

Yes, I think he will leave, but I do not think he is the type to hold the Club to ransom.

Just in case he gets any stupid ideas, the Club need to make it clear that they have looked after him well during his time at the Club and we want a fair return for that, while emphasising that we will decide what is acceptable and not his agent.

Agree with that and from what I’ve heard of him, he’s genuinely a good hard working, grounded pro. It certainly comes across that way watching him play and listening to him.

However, he isn’t the sharpest tool in the box and my worry would be that a half decent agent may well manipulate the situation and as you say, start dictating the state of play. You’d hope the dressing room he’s in and the fact that he seems to have set up his life here as a result of the support he’s had from the club, will go a long way to ensuring the departure is amicable and suits our club.

Agree with that and from what I’ve heard of him, he’s genuinely a good hard working, grounded pro. It certainly comes across that way watching him play and listening to him.

However, he isn’t the sharpest tool in the box and my worry would be that a half decent agent may well manipulate the situation and as you say, start dictating the state of play. You’d hope the dressing room he’s in and the fact that he seems to have set up his life here as a result of the support he’s had from the club, will go a long way to ensuring the departure is amicable and suits our club.

He is under contract.

We should follow Dortmund's example; they are resigned to losing Sancho - they put the price on his head and a deadline for the deal to take place by.

United stalled at the price, the deadline has passed and Dortmund have announced he is now staying put.

He could possibly still go but they will get their price.

The big Clubs have more than enough advantage over the rest without letting them walk all over you.

He is under contract.

We should follow Dortmund's example; they are resigned to losing Sancho - they put the price on his head and a deadline for the deal to take place by.

United stalled at the price, the deadline has passed and Dortmund have announced he is now staying put.

The big Clubs have more than enough advantage over the rest without letting them walk all over you.

Agree.

Only caveat is that we need to know our financial position when it comes to our own transfer aspirations and I bet the sale of Cash and possibly Worrall and the fee from it will somewhat determine whether we go for Player A or Player B.

We should absolutely get our fee and set the deadline as Dortmund have - I just hope it doesn’t happen late and leave us panicking!

He is under contract.

And it is perfectly possible we have said as much to his agent, which might be why his agent has put this "transfer request" out there

And it is perfectly possible we have said as much to his agent, which might be why his agent has put this "transfer request" out there

That's possible, but I'm not buying it.

To start with the rumour has come from a source which is not credible in the least; the fact that a number of other click bait sites have also run with the story does not add to its credence.

It looks nothing more than some clever fucker running with a story which he knows has some truth and then putting his own little slant on it.

Cash comes across as intelligent and patient; the type of person who will let events run their course; he will also know that the Club started this process so why complicate matters?

I think a lot of people underestimate the bargaining skills of Vrentzos; anyone who can get 7m for Brereton and 8m for a youngster who played a grand total of 6 games must be pretty good - he will need to be when dealing with a five sided comedian like Brady

100%

We will make the same mistake again that we have done in the last 2,3? windows and not sign a goal scoring forward

Just like we knew they would blow the play off chance we will start the season with the one position that needs filling more than any not being filled

100%

We will make the same mistake again that we have done in the last 2,3? windows and not sign a goal scoring forward

Just like we knew they would blow the play off chance we will start the season with the one position that needs filling more than any not being filled
Isn’t that the Forest way? At one point it was left back but that wasn’t good enough so they have ramped it up a bit by not having strikers.

Put your self in Cash's feet

How many would turn down the millions being offered

A few things could go in our favour
His family is settled
He has been offered a decent contract by NFFC
He has seen how much he has developed under a manager that trusts him

However if you are offered triple, maybe quadruple what NFFC are offering and can play in the Prem then money talks bullshit walks

IMHO he will be gone and we best get north of £15m