The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

So basically we don't have anyone in the club that is aware of and understands international transfer rules, laws and regulations then.
I don't see why that is necessarily the case. He was signed for the U23s, not as a dynamite second half of the season signing. I dont see that we would have abandoned the transfer just because of those complications

So basically we don't have anyone in the club that is aware of and understands international transfer rules, laws and regulations then.
To be fair chap perhaps we tried to sign someone who was but due to laws and regulations it fell through chap.

Understanding them and being in control of them are two different things

Last edited:
Two Twitter nuggets from this chap - @DavidSJourno

FOREST. Negotiations are underway with Jack Colback & Lyle Taylor. Both set to sign 2 year deals.

FOREST. Interested in Chey Dunkley from Wigan. Available for a cheap price due to Wigan’s administration. Bristol City also interested. #Nffc #BristolCity

Dunkley's 28 and 6'2'' 13 goals in 3 seasons. We've got enough CB's so hopefully replacing some outgoing squad guys.

I noticed this posted on LTLF but, after the manner in which the rumours were torn apart and the Journo's record discredited, decided against putting it on here.

Und

Understanding them and being in control of them are two different things

Surely the more you understand something, the greater the amount of control you can have over it or at least plan to mitigate challenges as those challenges are seen as opposed to being unforeseen.

Cobblers would be his best bet then chap.

Would be interesting to see how Carvalho would get on at somebody like a Northampton.

Perhaps a loan might be in order?

Pereira didn't exactly set the world on fire there though so I heard, even though I thought he was a player who sowed a lot of promise.

I suppose Pereira's problem was that he was mad as a box of frogs.

Carvalho's seems to be that he can't be arsed.

Would be interesting to see how Carvalho would get on at somebody like a Northampton.

Perhaps a loan might be in order?

Pereira didn't exactly set the world on fire there though so I heard, even though I thought he was a player who sowed a lot of promise.

I suppose Pereira's problem was that he was mad as a box of frogs.

Carvalho's seems to be that he can't be arsed.

See that's bullshit, he has always tried when he's played. There's never been a stroll around can't be arsed attitude.

No, but the fact that a 13 million pound creative player with Champions League experience can't get on to the bench at a dog shit Championship club that has no creativity is quite revealing to me.

You've 0 clue what it reveals, and his fee is irrelevant. It was obviously a relationship fee. For all you know this could be a Quashie situation.

Nor are we a dog shit championship club.

In all likelihood SL simply didn’t fancy him for the style of football that he wanted to play and their relationship deteriorated.

You've 0 clue what it reveals, and his fee is irrelevant. It was obviously a relationship fee. For all you know this could be a Quashie situation.

Nor are we a dog shit championship club.

In all likelihood SL simply didn’t fancy him for the style of football that he wanted to play and their relationship deteriorated.

How is his fee irrelevant?

Yes, we are a dog shit Championship club. Out of all of the clubs that played in last season's Championship, we have only been in the top flight more recently than 5 of them.

I think that pretty much classifies us as dog shit.

So, neither SL or EVERY other manager he's played under fancied him. I wonder why? You would think a 13m player with CL experience might come in handy for a dog shit Championship club.

How is his fee irrelevant?

Yes, we are a dog shit Championship club. Out of all of the clubs that played in last season's Championship, we have only been in the top flight more recently than 5 of them.

I think that pretty much classifies us as dog shit.

So, neither SL or EVERY other manager he's played under fancied him. I wonder why? You would think a 13m player with CL experience might come in handy for a dog shit Championship club.

There are a lot of myths floating around regarding Carvalho.

The first one regarding him having CL experience is not true; he played for the Benfica first team on 7 occasions all of which were league games.

The biggest one is the amount we paid for him which, despite being reported in the media as 15m euro was officially reported by the club as a record but no fee was mentioned:

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2018/june/forest-agree-double-signing/

People tend to forget that Carvalho and Goncalves came as a pair; we purchased one and loaned the other with an agreement to buy if we wanted; Goncalves did have CL experience by the way.

I would guess that the 15m originally quoted was for both once the Goncalves deal was completed which did not happen; the reports in the Portuguese press at the time certainly read like that was the case.

There is certainly nothing in our accounts to indicate we paid anything like 13m for one player, not that it is easy to isolate one deal from all of the figures; however, deals of such a nature would usually be reported in the Directors notes, they are noticeable by their absence.

The only thing we can be absolutely certain of is that he cost more than 6m

There is something else which has not been reported over here; Benfica have a 25% sell on clause in the deal.

There are a lot of myths floating around regarding Carvalho.

The first one regarding him having CL experience is not true; he played for the Benfica first team on 7 occasions all of which were league games.

The biggest one is the amount we paid for him which, despite being reported in the media as 15m euro was officially reported by the club as a record but no fee was mentioned:

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2018/june/forest-agree-double-signing/

People tend to forget that Carvalho and Goncalves came as a pair; we purchased one and loaned the other with an agreement to buy if we wanted; Goncalves did have CL experience by the way.

I would guess that the 15m originally quoted was for both once the Goncalves deal was completed which did not happen; the reports in the Portuguese press at the time certainly read like that was the case.

There is certainly nothing in our accounts to indicate we paid anything like 13m for one player, not that it is easy to isolate one deal from all of the figures; however, deals of such a nature would usually be reported in the Directors notes, they are noticeable by their absence.

The only thing we can be absolutely certain of is that he cost more than 6m

There is something else which has not been reported over here; Benfica have a 25% sell on clause in the deal.

Do you feel that 6m represents value?