The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

A few people on Twitter suggesting we should be going for Chris Martin, who has failed to agree new terms with Derby.

I would suggest that if he can't agree terms with Derby then his demands are likely to be well in excess of what would be a sensible deal for us for a player of his modest goal record

More chance of the geezer from Coldplay, chap.

On the question of ‘what the hell do we do now’, one of my main, enduring concerns at Forest is the appalling communication from the board.

One of the most important aspects of any business is having an effective communications strategy with its customers. They are your life blood. There is no such thing at Forest.

We have just had one of the club’s most disappointing, gut wrenching days in the club’s history and what do we hear from the board? Nothing. At a time when the club needs all the support that it can get, to deal with an ever more challenging financial climate, where is the leadership from the likes of Randall?

I don’t need my hand holding but I would like to know where all this leaves the club.

The position of the coach was one example; it seems it was leaked to Paul Taylor at the Athletic and/ or the NEP - unless I have missed something? What do others think?

I suppose something could have been communicated, but outside of the usual platitudes I am not sure the content would have been all that revealing.

The only two things the vast majority of supporters are interested in are, a) is the manager staying? and b) who are we signing?

Despite what Taylor wrote, I have it on good authority that Lamouchi's position has not been finalised 100%.

There is another meeting early next week when the decision making for next season will be finalised; dont know if the meeting is in Nottingham, London or Athens, just that everyone will be attending.

So there is very little which could have been said on that front.

As for transfer targets; I do not think anyone in their right mind would think that the Club would broadcast that information

I suppose something could have been communicated, but outside of the usual platitudes I am not sure the content would have been all that revealing.

The only two things the vast majority of supporters are interested in are, a) is the manager staying? and b) who are we signing?

Despite what Taylor wrote, I have it on good authority that Lamouchi's position has not been finalised 100%.

There is another meeting early next week when the decision making for next season will be finalised; dont know if the meeting is in Nottingham, London or Athens, just that everyone will be attending.

As for transfer targets; I do not think anyone in their right mind would think that the Club would broadcast that information
So in other words, the brief time advantage transfer wise that our utter failure gives us has been squandered taking a fortnight on the most basic and obvious decision

Have to agree with Pope on this one, SL returning is an absolute no brainer. Assuming that is he wants to given the tools we handed him in January

No, Barcelona would not release his registration

What benefit could they possibly derive from this and why could we not persuade them otherwise?

What this indicated to me is either:

1) The recruitment team are incompetent and can't manage the basic paperwork and communication required to consistently conclude a transfer in a normal amount of time.
2) The player isn't really that special so was not treated as a priority by either the club, recruitment team or both and he isn't likely to have any impact on our first team.
3) Barcelona deliberately went out of their way to fuck us over. (why would they do that unless we did something to piss them off?)
4) It took 6 weeks for the finances to complete the transfer to become available (which is also very telling if true).

So in other words, the brief time advantage transfer wise that our utter failure gives us has been squandered taking a fortnight on the most basic and obvious decision

Well that depends.

If Lamouchi stays, I would expect that a list of targets to have been drawn up and for very little to change on that front.

If he does not stay, we are back to square one and it will not be just the few days gained by not being in the play offs which will have been lost.

Just because we had a few extra days to play with I would not expect the signings to happen any earlier.

What benefit could they possibly derive from this and why could we not persuade them otherwise?

What this indicated to me is either:

1) The recruitment team are incompetent and can't manage the basic paperwork and communication required to consistently conclude a transfer in a normal amount of time.
2) The player isn't really that special so was not treated as a priority by either the club, recruitment team or both and he isn't likely to have any impact on our first team.
3) Barcelona deliberately went out of their way to fuck us over. (why would they do that unless we did something to piss them off?)
4) It took 6 weeks for the finances to complete the transfer to become available (which is also very telling if true).

None of the above

Apparently there were complications due to him being on loan in Belgium.

Have to agree with Pope on this one, SL returning is an absolute no brainer. Assuming that is he wants to given the tools we handed him in January

I had a very brief conversation with a third party who had been speaking with a Board member; the conversation amounted to "this is what is happening" - there was no point in asking supplementary questions as he could not have answered them.

It amounted to everyone wants Lamouchi to stay but there will be some changes and everything will be thrashed out next week; no details on what the changes will be - it could be nothing more than the guy from Monaco is coming on board, I do not know.

I get the impression that the faith and trust in Lamouchi is not in question.

Assuming he stays, which I am sure everyone in their right mind would want, I do not see any changes with proposed incoming transfers.

The targets will have been scouted and discussed and, you would assume, the agents will have been sounded out.

That does not mean we should expect any of them to sign imminently; player transfers are getting more like house sales, particularly ones were a chain is involved; we could have agreed terms with player, agent and club but they may not release the player until they have the replacement signed.

But its transfer time; the very minute the window opens patience fly's out of it.

Two Twitter nuggets from this chap - @DavidSJourno

FOREST. Negotiations are underway with Jack Colback & Lyle Taylor. Both set to sign 2 year deals.

FOREST. Interested in Chey Dunkley from Wigan. Available for a cheap price due to Wigan’s administration. Bristol City also interested. #Nffc #BristolCity

Dunkley's 28 and 6'2'' 13 goals in 3 seasons. We've got enough CB's so hopefully replacing some outgoing squad guys.