The Grand National | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Grand National

20% up today. You dont get those returns in a bank :-)

Hoping for a big one tomorrow. TeaforThree nailed on!

DeanoVilla - 5/4/2013 16:31

Does a dog choose to be owned by a human?

So owning a dog is also animal cruelty?

If you make it fight, yes it is.

Of course the dog will fight, and it might very well enjoy it, and enjoy the rewards from success: but it's still cruel is it not?

But if you make it go for 'walkies', or make it eat a certain type of food, or make it do anything, you are taking away its choice.

From Steff's rant above it sounds like all animals should be left to run wild so they can make their own choices.

That would be fun.

The owners and trainers insist that the horses enjoy what they do. Of course they are going to say that, but as the horses can't talk I guess we'll never know for sure.

What i do believe though is getting anyone whether they be human or an animal to perform at the absolute very best of their ability if they don't enjoy it is very very hard!

Would Lionel Messi be the player he is if he didn't enjoy playing football?

Would Gordon Ramsey be such a good chef if he didn't enjoy cooking?

I find it hard to believe a horse would become so good at racing if it didn't enjoy it.

They are treated incredibly well and the fatality rate is very low. Really don't see the problem

Oh, I do think the Grand National has way too many starters though, hence the number of accidents.

Owning any animal is cruelty in my opinion.

Yeah, think you are justified to steer it back to that to be fair, another thread can be started for animal rights argument.

Your thread dude.

Lots of sports are cruel.

I spent a whole season having to watch an Alex McLeish team.

Beat that!

neilh111 - 5/4/2013 17:13

Lots of sports are cruel.

I spent a whole season having to watch an Alex McLeish team.

Beat that![/QUOTE

:1: :1: :1: yeah and then this season has been cruel too

Another decent winner today on Solwhit.

Looking forward to the big one now. Feeling very confident about my chances.

1. Teaforthree
2. Balthazzar King
3. Always Waining

Green Tea - 5/4/2013 16:54

Unless it is a cat. Cats can't be owned. They don't give a sh*t

Well I have done a typical woman choice for this year. I have picked by name choice...

Before you lot laugh just remember the year MON won the Grand National at 100/1, when he was still VP manager. Mr K thought I had lost the plot and grumbled about the embarrassment of putting it on. I had the last laugh

Green Tea - 5/4/2013 16:54

On a whole range of issues your opinion is is based on ignorance and prejudice. Dogs are domesticated pack animals. They suffer severe mental trauma and die without human ownership.

I will ask our dog if he would like to go for a walk. He goes beserk, fetches his own lead and takes it to the door.

He could quite easily let me know that he doesnt want to go for a walk, and we wouldnt go. It's absolutely optional for him.

They also have jaws that are strong enough to not let go and teeth sharp enough to rip us apart. They (mostly) choose not to. They have more options than us!