The Graeth Southgate lovein

erni

Vital Football Legend
I had just started spending a lot of time north of the border in 1978 and had all of the over expectation and hundreds of stuffed nessy's leading up to the competition. Even the moderate newspapers like The Scotsman had front page football for days on end. I wonder what happened to all those loch ness toys ??. and who could forget the 'costa reeka' headlines in1990.

erni

Vital Football Legend
The love in will continue after a typical England stuttering performance but there needs to be a serious look at some of the players. Sterling and Alli never started and Young cant cross a voting paper. Loftus Cheek looked good when he came on.

SimonTVW

Vital 1st Team Regular
The love in will continue after a typical England stuttering performance but there needs to be a serious look at some of the players. Sterling and Alli never started and Young cant cross a voting paper. Loftus Cheek looked good when he came on.
Come on Erni you should know it really doesn't matter how you play in the group. It;s all about getting out of the group then playing your best.

erni

Vital Football Legend
I agree to an extent but at this level if you play poorly in the group it is hard to change it in the knock out section unless you have a really astute management team. ??? I need England to keep going as I am mentally aware but physically knackered after my operation and need a focus for a while. Its difficult following England without being able to remonstrate or celebrate.

SimonTVW

Vital 1st Team Regular
I agree to an extent but at this level if you play poorly in the group it is hard to change it in the knock out section unless you have a really astute management team. ??? I need England to keep going as I am mentally aware but physically knackered after my operation and need a focus for a while. Its difficult following England without being able to remonstrate or celebrate.
Good luck with your recovery. I know what you mean. I have had a long wait for my operation which is on 29th June after having it cancelled once and any distraction helps the days pass.