The government has made/is making a right bloody mess of all this. | Page 36 | Vital Football

The government has made/is making a right bloody mess of all this.

Prime Minister, Chancellor, Gove and Hancock in a meeting on Friday, details of which were leaked to the press.
By whom and why?
:unsure:

It's Gove. It's all Gove. Cummings wants Gove to replace Johnson.

While Johnson is a chancer, Gove is a devious shit. They both lie through their teeth, but Gove is far more manipulative about it.

The only good thing about him is that when (not if) Johnson goes, and Gove probably replaces him as PM, he has none of the "ooh, isn't Boris wonderful" charisma, ................... he looks and sounds like what he is ............. a slimy, scheming turd.

It's Gove. It's all Gove. Cummings wants Gove to replace Johnson.

While Johnson is a chancer, Gove is a devious shit. They both lie through their teeth, but Gove is far more manipulative about it.

The only good thing about him is that when (not if) Johnson goes, and Gove probably replaces him as PM, he has none of the "ooh, isn't Boris wonderful" charisma, ................... he looks and sounds like what he is ............. a slimy, scheming turd.

Love it, Moonay 🐍

Wouldn't it be ironic that having fumbled their way through this pandemic, only to be thrown a lifeline by the amazing efforts of those in the pharmaceutical industry, if the government were to screw things up by not having the appropriate customs arrangements in place (you know, those folk have been asking about for years) in time for our departure from the single market (which we weren't going to leave).

As shit shows go, this could be a belter.

You couldn't make it up. You really couldn't. Johnson treating everything as a competition, as something to be victorious in, as something where he can lay into an "opponent" has exposed every single flaw in the buffoon.

Just 4 days ago, this government were going to take London schools to court for wanting to teach online ......................... now, they're in a brand new tier !!!

Nob.

See.........this is a prime example of what I'm talking about with Johnson and certain cabinet members.

Some things couldn't have been foreseen, and some decisions had to be taken on things that could go either way, and therefore, such actions are obviously forgiveable.

This is just utter bullshit.

Way back last spring, we were debating on here whether or not Johnson and his government had a plan to manage Covid when we came out of the first lockdown. I don't think think there's any doubt that given the numerous (false) new dawn promises, the u-turns, the refusal to show any kind of "weakness", the terror of looking giving any credence whatsoever to anything Starmer says, and of course, the waffling, I think (or rather, hope) we can all agree ................... nope, he had nowt.

This morning, with a straight face, in the space of a couple of minutes, he's said:
- he's believes it's totally safe for schools to re-open (though not Eton etc apparently), and
- he expects tougher restrictions, which may necessitate to keep schools closed.

Kinell mate, how bloody hard is this? If you want to keep somewhere like schools open, (you know, the places that apparently most drive the spread of the virus), then draw up a procedure (in the plan you haven't got) to keep teachers and pupils safe. Testing? ......it would be nice, but how about prioritising their vaccinations. I reckon most in their 50/60s (in good health) would forego being done in favour of enabling the "biggest spreaders" being sorted first.

Instead, we get a continuation of the shitshow, with seemingly no other tactic than to try and tell us we're all doing great, and it's going to get better.

This time last year, to be fair, no-one could see this coming. By March, the government were in an unprecedented situation, and can be excused for not getting lots of things right. Now, after insisting there wouldn't be a second wave, after insisting there was no way we would forego a normal Christmas, after mis-focusing everything around London, after having made a political statement with the Nightingales (but abjectly failing to make any use of them whatsoever), and after seemingly losing the fag packet on which their "strategy" was written, they deserve not one ounce of sympathy or credit.

I look forward to the next step of the "plan" ......................... blame the EU !

Way back last spring, we were debating on here whether or not Johnson and his government had a plan to manage Covid when we came out of the first lockdown. I don't think think there's any doubt that given the numerous (false) new dawn promises, the u-turns, the refusal to show any kind of "weakness", the terror of looking giving any credence whatsoever to anything Starmer says, and of course, the waffling, I think (or rather, hope) we can all agree ................... nope, he had nowt.

This morning, with a straight face, in the space of a couple of minutes, he's said:
- he's believes it's totally safe for schools to re-open (though not Eton etc apparently), and
- he expects tougher restrictions, which may necessitate to keep schools closed.

Kinell mate, how bloody hard is this? If you want to keep somewhere like schools open, (you know, the places that apparently most drive the spread of the virus), then draw up a procedure (in the plan you haven't got) to keep teachers and pupils safe. Testing? ......it would be nice, but how about prioritising their vaccinations. I reckon most in their 50/60s (in good health) would forego being done in favour of enabling the "biggest spreaders" being sorted first.

Instead, we get a continuation of the shitshow, with seemingly no other tactic than to try and tell us we're all doing great, and it's going to get better.

This time last year, to be fair, no-one could see this coming. By March, the government were in an unprecedented situation, and can be excused for not getting lots of things right. Now, after insisting there wouldn't be a second wave, after insisting there was no way we would forego a normal Christmas, after mis-focusing everything around London, after having made a political statement with the Nightingales (but abjectly failing to make any use of them whatsoever), and after seemingly losing the fag packet on which their "strategy" was written, they deserve not one ounce of sympathy or credit.

I look forward to the next step of the "plan" ......................... blame the EU !

I think it's wrong to suggest that schools are the main driver of the virus. The biggest driver is the fact that too many people are not sticking to the rules.

Yaaaaaay ........and here we have it.

Yesterday, schools were "totally safe" (as per BJ)
Today .......they're going to be closed.

It's not even funny any more.

I fell out with MiW in March last year (about the time that herd immunity was a thing) when I said that the Government had accepted a death total of 100,000 as this would only mean about 1 million people being affected (each person has about 10 close relatives). Now we have reached this dreadful total, it looks like I was wrong. 100,000 has become a totemic total. God bless all.

Quite amazing isn't it. One. Hundred. Thousand. Unbelievable. Tragic. Unbelievably tragic.

We're not even sure if we're nearing the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end.

:cry:

This is beyond a joke. We have people in government with an intelligence that would embarrass a ten year old. Not sure which is worse: not classing Australia as an island, or believing Australia to be a continent.

Worrying, saddening, and just a little frightening. These people are governing us.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...witter_cooo9wqtham&utm_campaign=share_twitter

Tbf Moonay, Australia is technically a continent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_(continent)

Well ! Bloody hell !! Who'dathowt ?!!

Surely (with his track record) the PM knows that a jilted partner is always looking for chance to take a swipe or twist the knife.

It seems that Dom (Barnard Castle) Cummings has taken his chance. Peeved at the allegations that he's been involved in the Dyson text leaks, he's gone on the offensive.

He finishes his latest entry in his blog is as follows:

"It is sad to see the PM and his office fall so far below the standards of competence and integrity the country deserves."

:oops: :LOL:

It's currently "featured" on the front page of the link below ... worth a read.

https://dominiccummings.com/

Ooh ... forgot to say ... is anyone confident of Johnson still being in post at Christmas?

Jump, stabbed, kicked out, ... so many ways he could go.