The government are trying their best in difficult circumstances | Page 12 | Vital Football

The government are trying their best in difficult circumstances

Any condemnation Hampton? I was happy to give credit re the numbers, .......... I just don't get why they feel compelled to lie/deceive/manipulate/fiddle (delete as appropriate).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...onavirus-tests-have-double-counted-officials/
Of course - if the figures have been fiddled then condemnation is / will be due.
As on an earlier post I believe the truth will out comprehensively in due course then any blame and consequences should be allocated accordingly

Of course - if the figures have been fiddled then condemnation is / will be due.
As on an earlier post I believe the truth will out comprehensively in due course then any blame and consequences should be allocated accordingly

"Truth will out"? .........what part of "officials admit" don't you think is the truth?

Tests, gloves, nurse recruitment. What are they going to double count next?

Classic film.... Trainspotting 2 not as good but not too bad either
Have you visited "the dirtiest toilet in Scotland " Jock ?
Love both films in equal measure.
Best bits for me
First one Begbie chucking his glass off the balcony
Second one - Calling out bigotry with the cashpoint card number scene
Genius IMO

"Truth will out"? .........what part of "officials admit" don't you think is the truth?

Tests, gloves, nurse recruitment. What are they going to double count next?
Sorry pal "officials admit" is similar to "a spokesman said" - it's journalise for "we don't have a quotable source"
Right.up there with the barbour phone number fake news.
Again, I will wait for the publication of validated detail

Sorry pal "officials admit" is similar to "a spokesman said" - it's journalise for "we don't have a quotable source"

I agree ........but if those officials were in the slightest bit incorrect, the Downing St "uppity machine" would be onto it in a heartbeat.......like they've tried to (pitifully, and failed) twice before.

It's right ......and you know it.

I agree ........but if those officials were in the slightest bit incorrect, the Downing St "uppity machine" would be onto it in a heartbeat.......like they've tried to (pitifully, and failed) twice before.

It's right ......and you know it.
I don't know it and neither do you.
Simply speculation at this point

Have you visited "the dirtiest toilet in Scotland " Jock ?
Love both films in equal measure.
Best bits for me
First one Begbie chucking his glass off the balcony
Second one - Calling out bigotry with the cashpoint card number scene
Genius IMO

In my days they were all the dirtiest in Rose street - one of the busiest pub streets directly behind Princess Street in Edinburgh....
Loved the scene in the original one where the American tourist asked where the toilets were in the pub...cut to next scene n Spud wearing the Yanks bright coloured jacket.

The book on the original Trainspotting is a very good read especially if you get the one with the Scottish dialect....

Not a bad try 😉 3/10 for research.
If you would care to take note of the notes though there is a lag effect which has not washed through yet.

I'm not sure why you think that "lag" is an issue. The point is the (significant) daily difference between tests and people.

Also (adopts Moonay pedantic mode) I believe the datum point has consistently number of tests rather than number of individuals tested 😁

Erm ...... I thought it was meant to be "capacity". ;)

Any road .......bollocks. From the Telegraph, 20th April:

The Health Secretary's promise that 100,000 people a day would be tested for coronavirus has been criticised as "arbitrary" and "irrational" by Downing Street sources.

In a sign that senior Whitehall figures are distancing themselves from the target – due to be met by the end of April – a Number 10 insider said Matt Hancock's pledge threatens to "come back and bite him".

Just like the government, I doubt there'll be an apology.
:innocent:

I'm going to post this in here as a positive, as despite some scepticism that the government have got all of their ducks in a row (and we're doing it without the much lauded "app"), the test, track, trace, isolate "system" (which though it implies summat techy, doesn't actually need to be) goes "live" today.

How much damage the Cummings affair has done to the population's willingness to still abide by the rules remains to be seen.

Fingers crossed though that this is nearer to being the beginning of the end, rather than the end of the beginning.

Take care everyone.

I don't understand your point here John.

Much in the same vein as I don't understand your point Moonay....you start the thread at 09.38 with a 'positive' yet follow it by 2 negatives....why not post it in the 'moan about'.....either that or life is very dull n boring at Moonay Towers today n u just felt compelled to post be it + /- 😳