Good Morning Thread | Page 514 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Could we be leather jack (daddy long legs as my daughters call them) pupae, this is the start of the time when they wake up and eat the grass roots - try treating the lawn with nematodes. Of course it could be a bit early, but the weather is screwing up even their body clocks!

See:

https://www.gardening-naturally.com...QyOts6Vep_oz1_EYKoLJc6ULd4Ad7WLhoCiKUQAvD_BwE
Thanks for that EX but it certainly isn't Leather jackets, get treatment done every year, even the expert garden man said it wasn't them, so we are all baffled.

I'm not a fan of fake lawns. They are not good for wildlife or the environment. Apparently they don't last that long either....10 to 20 years depending on use. They do need maintenance to keep looking artificial ( realish ). Brushing, cleaning, hoovering etc. The landscaping company adjacent to my shop sell it quite regularly, quite sad, money, money, money.
Nick in agreement there, I hate fcuking fake lawns, no thought for wild life, man only, truly fcuked up thinking, so as you can see NO! fake lwan for me or even more Solar Panels muttley lol!

Hod, "BLM movement is in itself racist" you don't say lol!

I just received notification from Spursplay that I am registered and will be advised shortly how to subscribe. I hope the service shows reruns of all games plus live U 21s. I'm not sure yet . I have guessed at 9.99 per month as previously mentioned. I may be able to cancel Sky but not watch live. We will see. !!

Hi PY
Given the size, area, location.
Could it be a favoured spot for a cat or fox?
As far as I know, not cats, none in this area, thank fcuk, Foxes maybe, but again I do not think so, on looking at it, the dead n barren, closely it seems to be creeping along, more of the same, I really am pissed off with it, so await results from the tests being done.

To be fair I think I would have to establish which one left the deposit before going to those lengths. :giggle:

Whereas throwing over the fence , you can just alternate each side.....one for you....and one for you !!
The fun bit comes when you get a knock on the door.....why are you throwing catshit over the fence ??

Because there's a 50% chance its yours !!

I once did the knocking on my neighbours door ( they moved).

I said, your cats keep taking a shit in my garden !!

The old lady said....yes, that's what cats do !!
Oh really I replied, not in my fecking garden they don't, if you can't restrain them I will have to myself and expect the turds returned over the fence !!
They moved not long after and I don't remember getting a Christmas card !!

Whereas throwing over the fence , you can just alternate each side.....one for you....and one for you !!
The fun bit comes when you get a knock on the door.....why are you throwing catshit over the fence ??

Because there's a 50% chance its yours !!

I once did the knocking on my neighbours door ( they moved).

I said, your cats keep taking a shit in my garden !!

The old lady said....yes, that's what cats do !!
Oh really I replied, not in my fecking garden they don't, if you can't restrain them I will have to myself and expect the turds returned over the fence !!
They moved not long after and I don't remember getting a Christmas card !!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks for that EX but it certainly isn't Leather jackets, get treatment done every year, even the expert garden man said it wasn't them, so we are all baffled.

A complete stab in the dark, but there isn't something like a soakaway beneath that area of grass. Just wonder whether the moisture that is supposed to be for the grass roots is getting a helping hand down to the water table by a load of buried hardcore. I know these soakaways used to be quite common back in the day.

The reason I say this is that I went to our brand new chipping area at the golf course today. What is funny is that where they've installed pipes to sprinkler heads around this practice area, every piece of grass has gone brown. The rest is green. They obviously didn't bury the pipes deep enough. Idiots !!!

A complete stab in the dark, but there isn't something like a soakaway beneath that area of grass. Just wonder whether the moisture that is supposed to be for the grass roots is getting a helping hand down to the water table by a load of buried hardcore. I know these soakaways used to be quite common back in the day.

The reason I say this is that I went to our brand new chipping area at the golf course today. What is funny is that where they've installed pipes to sprinkler heads around this practice area, every piece of grass has gone brown. The rest is green. They obviously didn't bury the pipes deep enough. Idiots !!!
Thought you were self-isolating Mutts? ;)