Good Morning Thread | Page 402 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Walt the druggie!
Seriously those prescriptions are not the answer as you know. The pain is so bad that you have to take them but the impact is that no pain means you are in danger of doing things to make the knee(s) worse of course. However what is the lesser of two evils I wonder. Only you will know / be able to judge that mate!
Keep off the playground stuff Walt when you take the grandkids there today...you know it makes sense even though you want to join in!

Had to call off the bowls match this coming weekend cos members are panicking over the variant etc. Cant blame many of them are so sensible cos some are having treatments for conditions which make them 'at risk' , and also the local rugby club is having one of their do's so the draw of copious drink wine port etc wins!

Been reading Rod Stewarts Autobiography....he tries to come across as a down to earth 'one of us' type who happened to get lucky and made it big. whilst all the time boasting about his 'blonde conquests' and wandering pants, unfaithfulness even though with some of the most beautiful women as partners wives and of course kids etc. ....his cock ruled(s) his head in the main.....and becomes so boastful with his homes his star friends his cars his art collection etc.....

He tries to state that his family and his love of football keep him grounded ...seems a lot of forked tongue going on. Well thats how it comes across.

I will admit that Maggie May is one of the most memorable songs of our (many of us oldies on here) youth and we can remember fondly the discos clubs and birds we pullled when that came out. I still play it now at times...superb iconic song!

Ah well no one knows what money will turn you one into.

Take care guys there is a variant out there looming.....

What Spurs team will turn up on Thursday? The one that gives us all hope or the one that destroys our dreams again! mmmmm
For me Maggie May/Reason to Believe was the greatest double sided release ever in the good old days of the 45. I do wish Rod would grow old gracefully though, and disappear quietly into fondly remembered history. He seems to be popping up everywhere lately, none of it good.

For me Maggie May/Reason to Believe was the greatest double sided release ever in the good old days of the 45. I do wish Rod would grow old gracefully though, and disappear quietly into fondly remembered history. He seems to be popping up everywhere lately, none of it good.

Preferred Steve Marriot

The playground bit was tongue in cheek . I doubt I will ever go near one again !!!!
I completely agree Greavsie with painkillers and that they hide the fact that something is wrong .
I hate taking them , and have told the doctors so . They just said I need to walk properly , without a limp , a limp what , I don’t know ,!!!! because walking with a limp is bad for everything else , I was told .
My philosophy is that things hurt for a reason , and if you can avoid that hurt , that is the way to treat it . Masking it and using the joint can only make it worse , in my humble opinion .
But what do I know .
I can walk about at the moment , in relative ease , and I have at least got the decorations down from the loft !
We only have one grandson with us today now , and he is being an angel , although he has just demolished his chocolate advent calendar .

Hey Ho ! ……

The playground bit was tongue in cheek . I doubt I will ever go near one again !!!!
I completely agree Greavsie with painkillers and that they hide the fact that something is wrong .
I hate taking them , and have told the doctors so . They just said I need to walk properly , without a limp , a limp what , I don’t know ,!!!! because walking with a limp is bad for everything else , I was told .
My philosophy is that things hurt for a reason , and if you can avoid that hurt , that is the way to treat it . Masking it and using the joint can only make it worse , in my humble opinion .
But what do I know .
I can walk about at the moment , in relative ease , and I have at least got the decorations down from the loft !
We only have one grandson with us today now , and he is being an angel , although he has just demolished his chocolate advent calendar .

Hey Ho ! ……

LOL....good for him.

LOL....good for him.
You have to laugh !
he is five years old , and his dad must have been showing him the Find The Lady “ game “.
He put his spin on it today , with the chocolates from the Advent Calender, and three paper cups .

The spin he put on it though was that he would show us which cup the chocolate was under , then we had to shut our eyes , while he moved the cups around ….. that was the clever bit , …. then we could open our eyes and guess where the chocolate was .

We failed every time , but the brilliant part was that the chocolate wasn’t under any of the cups !!!!!

try as hard as we could , we could not find that chocolate anywhere.

Amazing .
When we asked him to explain , he just shrugged and mumbled something !

He only has Christmas Day left now on his Calender .
His Calendar went quicker than yours did last year !!!!!

I remember Rod Stewarts song for Scotland when we qualified for the 1978 World Cup in Argentina. Maggy May wasn't too bad either, but he's a bit of a knob.

Anyway, This mutation Omicron really is nothing to get alarmed at.

Nick Coatsworth, a former federal deputy chief health officer, advised the new variant could even displace the current dominant Delta variant.
"If this is milder than Delta, you actually want it to spread within your community," he said.
"You want it to out compete Delta and become the pro-dominant circulating virus . it could be that we want Omicron to spread around the world as quickly as possible."

Masks off everyone. Lets French kiss all the lassies and get this bastard happening.

Walt, I walk with a limp every day, unless I've taken a wee blue pill.

Seriously mate, I really hope you get this knee sorted. I wonder if Physiotherapy would do any good?

7 inches of rain fell overnight in some areas near me, so you can imagine the flooding as it's been chucking down for days. I've had a gut full. One of my daughters can't get out their farm as the river has burst its banks. See pic below.

I feel for the poor buggers that traveled to the Burnley game, paid for parking, pints and programs only to be told 50 mins prior to kick off that the match was cancelled. I heard someone travelled 4500 miles. Nastaaaay.

Apologies for this rubbish post that's all over the place. Flat out at work, whilst reading VS and catching up with my dudes.

Stay safe, look after and be kind to each other.:thumbup:

Attachments

• Floods.jpg
    Floods.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 2
Morning all , very warm this morning . Weirdly , windy and raining as well.

I saw a programme the other day about Paul
Kissoff , the Free guitarist .
It was amazing to look over his career .
I think the programme was on YouTube .
Fascinating . All Right Now nearly didn’t get made , and it was quite late in his time .

We used to get a lot of programmes like that on BBC4 , on Friday nights . They don’t seem to do them anymore .
Friday night was always my Vodka and Fanta Lemon ( other brands are available!!) sessions …… again , I don’t seem to do that anymore either .
Maybe there is a connection there .

There won’t be any drinking for a while anyway ,,whilst I’m in these pills . “Do not drink alcohol “ is printed on the label .!
So lm not !

Our grandson was great yesterday , it seemed strange having him in his own , without his sister , but he was such great company .
He is really tall for his age but our daughter said he is not the tallest in his class .,
Their are giants out there !!

To think that five years ago he was living in his mums bra , it’s just unbelievable. He was premature and really tiny , she tucked him in her top, and he was quite content most of the day .

He was telling me everything about ghosts , and how strange things happen , really funny . I think its his new excuse !

Fabulous days .

I’ve gone all soppy. I missed him when he went home .
His sister will rule the world in ten years time . She is just amazing . So clever , we had a FaceTime chat in the afternoon with her , can you believe that , having a FaceTime chat ! Luckily she knew how to set it all up , she is seven so she would know all about that sort of thing …… I didn’t know I had it on my phone . !
She was doing a project at school about how Christmas was celebrated in the olden days , so she decided we were the ideal people to ask about it !!!!!! Kin cheek !
I told her I got an EP of the Beatles in 1963 , Twist and Shout ….she didn’t have a clue what I was going on about ….. huh !

Trouble is they go too fast ,these lovely days , the buggers grow up , and get spots , and think they have invented everything !!!!! …. Then they go to America to University .
Unbelievable!

hope you all have a good day , take it easy , it’s time to start your advent calendars , 80s overtook him last year , don’t let that happen to you !!!!!!!!!!

Be strong ……in the face of temptation ..

that’s the one thing I can resist , chocolate . Never eat it and don’t understand the attraction , strange isn’t it .
And sweets ,,of any description. We have those round tins of sweets in wrappers in the house , Celebrations and the like ,….. never touch them ….

Like a man will never walk past a football on the lawn without kicking it or doing a keepy uppie , and a woman will just walk past it and ignore it ,…. we are like that in the house . I walk past the sweet tin and ignore it, but my wife doesn’t !
She isn’t interested in a keepy uppie though !

Look after each other , have a good day .

Not good to hear about your ongoing pain Walt. As you know, pain killers don't solve a thing. They simply make it easier for you to go about your activities as normal as possible, albeit slightly high.

Unlike you Walt, I love pain killers. The really good ones, with oxycodone etc. As my energy is normally so depleted, due to pain, these drugs remove the pain somewhat, giving me energy. However, our Govt is so very strict and will not allow my Doc to prescribe oxy more than once per year.

Hoping you get it sorted ASAP Sir Walt.

My Lord, it's lashing down again today, and will be doing so for the next 5-6 days. Flooding everywhere.

I eventually gave in to the back pain yesterday, and took myself of to the chiropractor. She is just the most visually beautiful lady, with a wonderful engaging personality. Oh, she's also a wonderful chiro too. She had be on my back, both sides, on my front, then she got started with the adjustments! LOL.

Feeling a lot better today. Pain now only 3/10 compared to 8/10 on Monday.

So, Mrs Hod now has a total of 18 staff. Half are employees and the other are subcontractors. I just learned that half of them are not vaxxed. The leading employee, who we wanted to manage the Company when we retire, is a full on anti vaxxer. Her young children are not even immunized! So I dug deep into the Queensland Gov't legislation, and lo and behold, teachers and contractors to Queensland schools do not have to be vaxxed! This is a union thing, to prevent loss of teachers from an already shallow pool. However, I heard on the radio this morning, on the way into work, that pressure is on to have all school teachers fully vaxxed by the start of term 1, 2022, which will be the end of January. This means our anti vaxxer idiot staff have 8 weeks to change their mentality of lose their jobs. Mts Hod is not looking forward to that conversation. How do we replace 50% of our staff in such a short time?

Anyway, have a great Tuesday everyone, stay warm, hug each other and take care.

Well I've hit the final brick wall, after a week of struggling badly with my back, and after seeing a top consultant in Harley street I'm committed to having a nerve decompression and rebuild operation - simply got to the point of being unable to life/work normally as I'm on my own for most of the week now - this all stems from a mad bad car accident many years ago - I've managed it for a long time now through various episodes but as I said have finally reached my limit.

Looks like I'll schedule it for Feb/march time (have to lose weight and get as fit as I can as this will help recovery)..just got to hope it works, if it doesn't life may simply not be worth living lol!

Have to say, this new variant has everyone in my local trust very worried, we have to do everything we can now to keep it from becoming dominant - the race to try and build a vaccine that can figt it has already started, but the scientist I know are extremely worried about this type of new genetic shift, it could cause a whole new covid wave that cannot be stopped..so be safe all!

Last edited:
Well I've hit the final brick wall, after a week of struggling badly with my back, and after seeing a top consultant in Harley street I'm committed to having a nerve decompression and rebuild operation - simply got to the point of being able to life/work normally as I'm on my own for most of the week now - this all stems from a mad bad car accident many years ago - I've managed it for a long time now through various episodes but as I said have finally reached my limit.

Looks like I'll schedule it for Feb/march time (have to lose weight and get as fit as I can as this will help recovery)..just got to hope it works, if it doesn't life may simply not be worth living lol!

Have to say, this new variant has everyone in my local trust very worried, we have to do everything we can now to keep it from becoming dominant - the race to try and build a vaccine that can figt it has already started, but the scientist I know are extremely worried about this type of new genetic shift, it could cause a whole new covid wave that cannot be stopped..so be safe all!

Sorry to hear this EX. Thats your golf fcuked until successful treatment I presume, or is golf off the agenda for the rest of your life?....