Good Morning Thread | Page 401 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Brilliant Walt, weird thing is that a similar thing happened to Mrs Py and myself, though not as high up, only the 5th floor, also not a happy time but a sad time for us.

My baby Brother had passed away, 50 yrs old, 13 years ago, he had caught Menangitus, though he was very ill anyway, thus as you can see a very sad time, this meant we had to clear out his flat, while we were thinking how can we get this stuff out incl the 3 piece suite, along came a sharp as you like rather large little old lady offering if the suite was free she would have it, great we said, along come her 3 big burley sons, away went the suite, on looking out the window we saw another suite flying out of a next door blocks 2nd floor flat, it still makes us smile.

This taking away of the 3 piece, gave us an idea, put a sign up of "Help yourself" a magician couldn't have cleared the flat quicker, so basically we helped the needy, so good job done.

We did keep many momento's of my Bruv, which we then gave to his son n daughter, who lived up the Norf, Darlington way.
The Son has a career in the Army Air Corp, Helo Engineer, has some stories about Ginger Twat, the Daughter is a Professional Carer.

Even though it was a sad time, we did have a good laugh at the shenanigans of the clearance, knowing my Baby Bruv would have appreciated it.
Great story mate . I think we should get together and write a book .

What CBD do you use RD, if you don't mind me asking?

I used a company called George Botanicals. But unfortunately they sold their business and it's now called Goodbody Botanicals.

Originally we would get deals but not anymore.

We have a stash of the original stuff at the moment but looking at other options for when we run out.

There is a place in Holland called Simply CBD. A bit more raw, not filtered. But some banks will block the transaction. Lol

Good morning all.
Weather is not too good this morning , very windy and raining.

My knee is absolutely giving me jip ! It is so painful , I don’t know what to do with it .
If I take paracetamol’s , two every four hours , it is not too bad , but they wear off overnight and the pain wakes me up .
I just don’t know where to put it to ease the pain . I’m thinking of getting a gel , see if that will help. , not at the same time though .

They said at the hospital that it will be a long job , and that if it doesn’t improve , to go back to the doctors and see about getting physio ……….huh , some chance of that !

I don’t think I could bear anyone touching it at the moment .

Oh well , back to usual , Gladly , my cross-eyed Bear, syndrome .

Getting the decorations down out of the loft is going to be a laugh .

There are a few round here that have their Christmas Lights up . They have thrown down the gauntlet !
There must be a team of light putter uppers going round , some of the ones I’ve seen would take me a fortnight !

Hope you are all ok. And ready for a good Saturday .
Take care , look after each other.

Good morning all.
Weather is not too good this morning , very windy and raining.

My knee is absolutely giving me jip ! It is so painful , I don’t know what to do with it .
If I take paracetamol’s , two every four hours , it is not too bad , but they wear off overnight and the pain wakes me up .
I just don’t know where to put it to ease the pain . I’m thinking of getting a gel , see if that will help. , not at the same time though .

They said at the hospital that it will be a long job , and that if it doesn’t improve , to go back to the doctors and see about getting physio ……….huh , some chance of that !

I don’t think I could bear anyone touching it at the moment .

Oh well , back to usual , Gladly , my cross-eyed Bear, syndrome .

Getting the decorations down out of the loft is going to be a laugh .

There are a few round here that have their Christmas Lights up . They have thrown down the gauntlet !
There must be a team of light putter uppers going round , some of the ones I’ve seen would take me a fortnight !

Hope you are all ok. And ready for a good Saturday .
Take care , look after each other.

Sorry to hear you are in so much discoimfort Walt.
Seriously give PERNATON green lipped muscle gel a bash....(I got it in Holland and Barrett)

Great story mate . I think we should get together and write a book .
Thanks for that Walt, in the situation we found ourselves in, cleaning out Baby Bruvs flat, there were a number of hilarious stories/happenings that occurred with his "thankful" neighbours.
He was a bit of a collector, all trash lol! though he thought them all good, one collection being "Weapons" guns, knives etc.
The story regards a "Colt 45" under his pillow plus additional ammo, is quite a tale, maybe later I will enlighten you on it.

Thanks for that Walt, in the situation we found ourselves in, cleaning out Baby Bruvs flat, there were a number of hilarious stories/happenings that occurred with his "thankful" neighbours.
He was a bit of a collector, all trash lol! though he thought them all good, one collection being "Weapons" guns, knives etc.
The story regards a "Colt 45" under his pillow plus additional ammo, is quite a tale, maybe later I will enlighten you on it.
He sounds like my mates brother , anything you want , he has it ,, …..more like …, he will have five of them !

Sorry to hear you are in so much discoimfort Walt.
Seriously give PERNATON green lipped muscle gel a bash....(I got it in Holland and Barrett)
Thanks Greavsie , we are out on Monday , I hope , I will give it a go .
The pain is awful at the moment . They told me at the hospital last week to take painkillers, it was important for me to walk normally , and not limp , as that causes other problems .
How long I can go drugged up for is frightening for me …..I just don’t like painkillers .
I will be trying to get an emergency appointment on Monday if it is still the same , at least I’ve had it X-ray‘d.

The pain is awful at the moment . They told me at the hospital last week to take painkillers, it was important for me to walk normally , and not limp , as that causes other problems .
How long I can go drugged up for is frightening for me …..I just don’t like painkillers .
I will be trying to get an emergency appointment on Monday if it is still the same , at least I’ve had it X-ray‘d.
Afternoon Walt, bloody hell am so sorry for you and the pain your going through!

When I had my knee prob all them months ago, it was suggested by the Doc that until I saw the Physio, that took about 10weeks, that I get a bike machine, you sit on a chair or bench, and gently cycle for about 10mins x 2 or 3 times a day, keep the knee moving thus plenty of blood moving in and out of the affected area, it worked for me, no probs, now and am back doing Squats, light weight at the mo, its only a suggestion mate.

About 15 mins ago we had a visit, "Ruby" the adventurous Harris Hawk turned up again, only she had her owner/keeper in tow lol!

What a beautiful bird/Hawk, so friendly, she did like the jewelry on my wrists, Mrs PY was in bloody tears, what's that all about, of joy, she was stroking her and taking loads of pics, they are on Facebook now, Ruby stayed about 15 mins and is now off to do a bit of hunting.
Her owner said he is going to get a Perigrin Falcon next week, they are beautiful birds themselves.

Am off in a mo to clean out my Aviary, feed n water, supply the wildie restaurant, and other Sunday garden jobs etc.

The wevver here is a bit chilly but not a cloud in the Sky, sun has its hat on, though last night the wind blew like a hoolie.

Not long to the match, will probably have to listen to it, as I do not know anywhere that I could watch it....COYS

Cheers all, have a great rest of day esp when we win this afternoon, keep safe all of you.

I find it very wrong , advertisements for battery power drills on the tv that don’t include the battery and charger in the price ,

very , very wrong .
How can they advertise something that will not work for the price they are selling it for.

the small print at the bottom of the screen is almost obliterated by the background colour as well .

I find it very wrong , advertisements for battery power drills on the tv that don’t include the battery and charger in the price ,

very , very wrong .
How can they advertise something that will not work for the price they are selling it for.

the small print at the bottom of the screen is almost obliterated by the background colour as well .

How many xmas toys for kids come without any batteries...everyone has to stock up with batteries else the kids and grandkids will be sorely disappointed!

How many xmas toys for kids come without any batteries...everyone has to stock up with batteries else the kids and grandkids will be sorely disappointed!
Batteries for toys are consumables though ..
You can’t buy the battery for a drill anywhere else .
you can’t buy the charger for the battery anywhere else ,

I have to have a regular supply of batteries to stop my wife from being …………. :wack::slap::rofl:

Not good to hear about your ongoing pain Walt. As you know, pain killers don't solve a thing. They simply make it easier for you to go about your activities as normal as possible, albeit slightly high.

Unlike you Walt, I love pain killers. The really good ones, with oxycodone etc. As my energy is normally so depleted, due to pain, these drugs remove the pain somewhat, giving me energy. However, our Govt is so very strict and will not allow my Doc to prescribe oxy more than once per year.

Hoping you get it sorted ASAP Sir Walt.

My Lord, it's lashing down again today, and will be doing so for the next 5-6 days. Flooding everywhere.

I eventually gave in to the back pain yesterday, and took myself of to the chiropractor. She is just the most visually beautiful lady, with a wonderful engaging personality. Oh, she's also a wonderful chiro too. She had be on my back, both sides, on my front, then she got started with the adjustments! LOL.

Feeling a lot better today. Pain now only 3/10 compared to 8/10 on Monday.

So, Mrs Hod now has a total of 18 staff. Half are employees and the other are subcontractors. I just learned that half of them are not vaxxed. The leading employee, who we wanted to manage the Company when we retire, is a full on anti vaxxer. Her young children are not even immunized! So I dug deep into the Queensland Gov't legislation, and lo and behold, teachers and contractors to Queensland schools do not have to be vaxxed! This is a union thing, to prevent loss of teachers from an already shallow pool. However, I heard on the radio this morning, on the way into work, that pressure is on to have all school teachers fully vaxxed by the start of term 1, 2022, which will be the end of January. This means our anti vaxxer idiot staff have 8 weeks to change their mentality of lose their jobs. Mts Hod is not looking forward to that conversation. How do we replace 50% of our staff in such a short time?

Anyway, have a great Tuesday everyone, stay warm, hug each other and take care.

Not good to hear about your ongoing pain Walt. As you know, pain killers don't solve a thing. They simply make it easier for you to go about your activities as normal as possible, albeit slightly high.

Unlike you Walt, I love pain killers. The really good ones, with oxycodone etc. As my energy is normally so depleted, due to pain, these drugs remove the pain somewhat, giving me energy. However, our Govt is so very strict and will not allow my Doc to prescribe oxy more than once per year.

Hoping you get it sorted ASAP Sir Walt.

My Lord, it's lashing down again today, and will be doing so for the next 5-6 days. Flooding everywhere.

I eventually gave in to the back pain yesterday, and took myself of to the chiropractor. She is just the most visually beautiful lady, with a wonderful engaging personality. Oh, she's also a wonderful chiro too. She had be on my back, both sides, on my front, then she got started with the adjustments! LOL.

Feeling a lot better today. Pain now only 3/10 compared to 8/10 on Monday.

So, Mrs Hod now has a total of 18 staff. Half are employees and the other are subcontractors. I just learned that half of them are not vaxxed. The leading employee, who we wanted to manage the Company when we retire, is a full on anti vaxxer. Her young children are not even immunized! So I dug deep into the Queensland Gov't legislation, and lo and behold, teachers and contractors to Queensland schools do not have to be vaxxed! This is a union thing, to prevent loss of teachers from an already shallow pool. However, I heard on the radio this morning, on the way into work, that pressure is on to have all school teachers fully vaxxed by the start of term 1, 2022, which will be the end of January. This means our anti vaxxer idiot staff have 8 weeks to change their mentality of lose their jobs. Mts Hod is not looking forward to that conversation. How do we replace 50% of our staff in such a short time?

Anyway, have a great Tuesday everyone, stay warm, hug each other and take care.
Thanks Hod , you could not make up this thinking , could you. Just what is it they think is being pumped into them . One bloke died over here because he was a vegetarian and he heard the vaccines had been tested on animals.,…….

Greavsie , I was going to try your suggestion from Holland and Barrett .,as we were out on Monday , but the pain was so severe over Sunday night, that I phoned 111 in the early morning . .
It took ten minutes to get through ,only because each” department” after you press 1 or 2 or whatever that directs you to the right end place is so Covid driven , trying to get people to not phone 111 for Covid ,, it’s either don’t bother us , or if you need to bother us then it’s 999……… There is no in between .

Anyway , eventually , no fault of their own, I got through to a lovely sounding lady who took all me details , asked all the right questions and said , …..“ basically Walt , if you hadn’t been such a knob with that rogue swing that was hurtling your granddaughter through the air , you would still be a bloody healthy specimen ! “‘……… I had to agree .

“ I will get a clinician to call you “ she said ….
“Yeah , all right”’ I thought ….. I won’t hold my breath !
Ten minutes later the clinician called ! That shut me up !
She said I needed to get onto my Doctors , …….. that’s when i laughed .
I said you needed a Royal Warrant to even dare ask for an appointment there , and to actually see a doctor , well , they are about as rare as a shot on target , …….. she didn’t get my joke .

She was an adamant bugger though , but I stood my corner and she said she was going to phone them and get them , the faceless ones , to phone me .
Now……I don’t mind them isolating from the public ……, if they do it all the time ,….. constantly.

But they can’t , they must go shopping , take their kids to school , they must go out somewhere ……..at sometime .
Why they insist on hiding from the very people that need them is a mystery .
So I sat by the phone , as we used to do in the good old days , ….. waiting forlornly ….,when the bloody thing rang . …… it was him ….. or rather it wasn’t ,, it was a locum .
He asked all the same questions , sent an electronic prescription to the chemist , which I picked up , or rather , my wife picked up , an hour later .

So now I’m on a high with all sorts of co-codimols , anti inflammatories , and stomach calming crap …….., but I did get a good nights sleep last night

Just in time for the grandchildren today , who are both not well enough for school .
The park sounds like a good idea to keep them occupied !!!!!!

Take care , look after each other. And your knees …

Last edited:
Thanks Hod , you could not make up this thinking , could you. Just what is it they think is being pumped into them . One bloke died over here because he was a vegetarian and he heard the vaccines had been tested on animals.,…….

Greavsie , I was going to try your suggestion from Holland and Barrett .,as we were out on Monday , but the pain was so severe over Sunday night, that I phoned 111 in the early morning . .
It took ten minutes to get through ,only because each” department” after you press 1 or 2 or whatever that directs you to the right end place is so Covid driven , trying to get people to not phone 111 for Covid ,, it’s either don’t bother us , or if you need to bother us then it’s 999……… There is no in between .

Anyway , eventually , no fault of their own, I got through to a lovely sounding lady who took all me details , asked all the right questions and said , …..“ basically Walt , if you hadn’t been such a knob with that rogue swing that was hurtling your granddaughter through the air , you would still be a bloody healthy specimen ! “‘……… I had to agree .

“ I will get a clinician to call you “ she said ….
“Yeah , all right”’ I thought ….. I won’t hold my breath !
Ten minutes later the clinician called ! That shut me up !
She said I needed to get onto my Doctors , …….. that’s when i laughed .
I said you needed a Royal Warrant to even dare ask for an appointment there , and to actually see a doctor , well , they are about as rare as a shot on target , …….. she didn’t get my joke .

She was an adamant bugger though , but I stood my corner and she said she was going to phone them and get them , the faceless ones , to phone me .
Now……I don’t mind them isolating from the public ……, if they do it all the time ,….. constantly.

But they can’t , they must go shopping , take their kids to school , they must go out somewhere ……..at sometime .
Why they insist on hiding from the very people that need them is a mystery .
So I sat by the phone , as we used to do in the good old days , ….. waiting forlornly ….,when the bloody thing rang . …… it was him ….. or rather it wasn’t ,, it was a locum .
He asked all the same questions , sent an electronic prescription to the chemist , which I picked up , or rather , my wife picked up , an hour later .

So now I’m on a high with all sorts of co-codimols , anti inflammatories , and stomach calming crap …….., but I did get a good nights sleep last night

Just in time for the grandchildren today , who are both not well enough for school .
The park sounds like a good idea to keep them occupied !!!!!!

Take care , look after each other. And your knees …

Walt the druggie!
Seriously those prescriptions are not the answer as you know. The pain is so bad that you have to take them but the impact is that no pain means you are in danger of doing things to make the knee(s) worse of course. However what is the lesser of two evils I wonder. Only you will know / be able to judge that mate!
Keep off the playground stuff Walt when you take the grandkids there today...you know it makes sense even though you want to join in!

Had to call off the bowls match this coming weekend cos members are panicking over the variant etc. Cant blame many of them are so sensible cos some are having treatments for conditions which make them 'at risk' , and also the local rugby club is having one of their do's so the draw of copious drink wine port etc wins!

Been reading Rod Stewarts Autobiography....he tries to come across as a down to earth 'one of us' type who happened to get lucky and made it big. whilst all the time boasting about his 'blonde conquests' and wandering pants, unfaithfulness even though with some of the most beautiful women as partners wives and of course kids etc. ....his cock ruled(s) his head in the main.....and becomes so boastful with his homes his star friends his cars his art collection etc.....

He tries to state that his family and his love of football keep him grounded ...seems a lot of forked tongue going on. Well thats how it comes across.

I will admit that Maggie May is one of the most memorable songs of our (many of us oldies on here) youth and we can remember fondly the discos clubs and birds we pullled when that came out. I still play it now at times...superb iconic song!

Ah well no one knows what money will turn you one into.

Take care guys there is a variant out there looming.....

What Spurs team will turn up on Thursday? The one that gives us all hope or the one that destroys our dreams again! mmmmm

Good Morning Guys. Our scientists here in SA, and they are world class, recently discovered a new strain of Covid, now called Omicron. Upon discovery this was made known to the world generally, resultant from which the country was promptly hit with new travel bans by all and sundry, primarily by countries who have as many reported cases of the new variant as ourselves, or countries whose track record in Covid management, even proportionately, is far worse than our own.
Consequently the country is consumed with indignation currently. SA has to my mind always had something of a 'the whole world is against us complex' going back to apartheid days. On this occasion however I think it is justified. Renewed travel bans based on no concrete criteria, going into our peak Xmas summer holiday season, is something of a hammer blow. Conversely in the case of the UK in particular, Boris has taken some real hammerings in the past for not acting quickly enough, so who can blame him.
From a purely personal perspective, we've already postponed earlier this year a planned trip to the UK in December, both to see our own kids/grandkids and attend a family wedding in Chelmsford. My asthmatic condition doesn't make the prospect of eleven hours in a plane in a face mask particularly attractive, and given the new restraints it's just as well we didn't commit to a December visit.
Now, given the potential impact of the new variant worldwide, travel bans, new vaccine research, additional jabs etc. etc., our revised plans for a UK late spring, early summer visit, are looking precarious again. Thank heaven for Skype, but I begin to wonder whether we'll ever see our son and his kids in the flesh again.

Morning all, wet n windy with a bit if a chill down these ere parts.

Hod, Oxy eh! that's your preferred pain relief, jesus mate that is some stuff to take, the poor mans Heroin!, banned in the States you know.

Mrs PY used to be on Oxy and Morphine, so we know the problems of getting her fortnightly, our stay times, medicines into the States, mind 12 years ago a Consultant from an RSD/CRPS clinic in Tampa, asked her if the NHS was 3rd world because they had found a couple of years prior that the meds she was on exasperated her ailment, so is on something completely different now, sorry but I forget the name of it just now.

As for your grief of laying off 50% of your workforce, been there done that, though not for the reasons you talk about, I do feel for you and Mrs Hod, best of luck.

Walt keep your head up, yes I know the pain must be unbearable, but good old Brit stiff upper lip comes to mind, bite teeth and enjoy your time with your gr'kids, reminder! no "knees up muvva Browns" for you though.
Take it easy mate!

Greavsie, "Maggie May" and absolutely brilliant tune, but must admit I never liked any Rod Stewart stuff since.

SAJ....I feel for you mate, esp not being able to get ere to see your kids n gr'kids, mind at the mo, such is life, keep you chin up mate, you will get ere soon enough.

Cheers all, look after one another, watch out for the numpties/anti's/disbelievers, basically conspiracy theorist's in our midst.