Good Morning Thread | Page 927 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Just to add a 2 penneth ere....when I was in service of this once great country I enjoyed a bloody big number of NATO get togethers, sorry exercises, Lol! esp wiv our Yank n Canadian Brethren, good times and many headaches were had by all!

Our idiot, hopefully short lived, government has said no to LNG export development and Biden is talking about limiting exports for the same green reasons.

Europe will have to buy from Russia if any of these things come to fruition. Add to that the post-war magnanimous environment and the taps will be turned on again.
We are of opposite opinions; this video is worth watching/listening to carefully, this lady was at the very heart of the Russian economy and is extremely well respected in the West and America, and since this has all kicked off is another that has been largely accurate on just about all the economic discussion points....

The Russian economy and more importantly the Russian people's economic welfare is tanking and will only accelerate.

" 18 Apr 2024 #ukraine #russia #economy
How long can Vladimir Putin afford to continue his war in Ukraine without inflicting economic pain on his own people? The narrative around Russia’s economic performance could hardly be more polarized. One camp claims the country is on the brink of collapse, the other that it is stronger than ever, buoyed even by the effect of Western sanctions. With state spending on defense now exceeding investment in sectors like education and health, some analysts are predicting a painful economic hangover after the war ends. DW Business speaks to Alexandra Prokopenko from the Carnegie Russia Eurasia Center, who formerly worked as an advisor to the Russian central bank. .."

Last edited:
Our idiot, hopefully short lived, government has said no to LNG export development and Biden is talking about limiting exports for the same green reasons.

Europe will have to buy from Russia if any of these things come to fruition. Add to that the post-war magnanimous environment and the taps will be turned on again.
In the short term that is true - only around 10% of our LNG needs come from Russia, but in 2027 the total EU ban is in place, after that, it's from anywhere but Russia, the reason for the delay is by then Norway will have a much higher capacity and can literary take over, along with other, but smaller suppliers - we will not need bigger shipments from North America.

No one, will want to or need to do new deals with Russia.

What a shame the human race continues to promote wars and avoidable tragedy to prevail, spending so much money on killing rather than saving....

If the human race finally matures (if we are still around as a race of course and religion has also been wiped out of our global society ) no one would go hungry no one would be deprived of medicine and treatments world wide, and no one would kill in the name of ficticious beings and gods.

Perhaps we need as a race to be confronted buy an alien invasion to get us all to pull together..........then again what sentient race would risk comming near us lot eh! If I were them I would head in the opposite direction and leave us to complete our suicidal and destructive tendencies :surrender:

What a shame the human race continues to promote wars and avoidable tragedy to prevail, spending so much money on killing rather than saving....

If the human race finally matures (if we are still around as a race of course and religion has also been wiped out of our global society ) no one would go hungry no one would be deprived of medicine and treatments world wide, and no one would kill in the name of ficticious beings and gods.

Perhaps we need as a race to be confronted buy an alien invasion to get us all to pull together..........then again what sentient race would risk comming near us lot eh! If I were them I would head in the opposite direction and leave us to complete our suicidal and destructive tendencies
All the time 'Nationalists' exist, they'll use the lowest common denominators to gain/retain and extend their control. Sadly, that's a historic lesson that needs to be learned again and again.

Imperialism is dead, they just don't know it, still.

In the short term that is true - only around 10% of our LNG needs come from Russia, but in 2027 the total EU ban is in place, after that, it's from anywhere but Russia, the reason for the delay is by then Norway will have a much higher capacity and can literary take over, along with other, but smaller suppliers - we will not need bigger shipments from North America.

No one, will want to or need to do new deals with Russia.

The EU will have to delay that ban.

Hey USAF
I deleted my previous post on this topic...probably best to keep separated from topics like this...being in the position I am in professionally.

Apologies.

hey USAF this was done by Tom Brokaw 14 years ago just before the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, but most of it is still relevant:

THe biggest problem we have on VS?

NOT ENOUGH FOOTBALL!
Oh boy , you hit the nail on the head , fair and square , there 80’.

How many “ dead weeks “ have we had this season .

And the final irony is that I’m going to miss the NLD again , I missed the first one because I was on holiday , and this one clashes with Mother in Laws 90 th birthday celebrations .
It was her birthday on Tuesday , the 23 rd , St George’s Day .

She had a good day then with her three daughters , they all went out on a pottery afternoon and Cream tea , and then we all went out in the evening for a meal.

She hasn’t stopped talking about it since .

There are over fifty family members from all over the country arriving on Sunday where we will be killing the fatted cow .

Talking of mothers , we should have a thread on here for your mother .

Have you thought about that ? Some of the things she has said are priceless .

One of my mums sayings , when the sky was cloudless , was “ there is enough blue up there to make a shirt “

I told MIL a few years back and know she says it .. I love that .