The Golf Thread | Vital Football

The Golf Thread

astonion2

Vital 1st Team Regular
I have never really been much interested in Golf until this last year. Maybe I had Covid and this is one of the side effects but I have really started enjoying it. The PGA masters finished last night and it was won By Phil Mickelson. Now despite not being much interested in the past I was well aware of Phil and did have a bet on him to finish in the top seven one year and he did so I won a few quid. He is the oldest player to ever win the masters and listening to the commentators you would think he is ready for his pipe, slippers and rocking chair. Well Phil is just 50 years of age. Yes 50, so all you lot who consider yourselves to still be young at 50 forget it. But back to the Golf it has been a great watch and now that I have gotten interested in it it will be something else to fill the gap during in the Football break.

I've been thinking about taking up golf since I'm old and boring but I guess all of the golf clubs are closed now with the lockdown over here.

I was watching some of the Memorial Golf Tournament last night in America. A player name John Rahm had just finished the third day 6 shots ahead but as he left the eighteenth hole he was told by an official that he had tested positive for Covid and had to withdraw. Gutted.

I was watching some of the Memorial Golf Tournament last night in America. A player name John Rahm had just finished the third day 6 shots ahead but as he left the eighteenth hole he was told by an official that he had tested positive for Covid and had to withdraw. Gutted.

If that's the bloke I heard about yesterday "...not again' he missed that last tournament with Covid as well.

Poor bugger.

If that's the bloke I heard about yesterday "...not again' he missed that last tournament with Covid as well.

Poor bugger.
That him. The worst part is they told him live on TV as he walked off at the end of the 3rd day. He would have started the last day 6 shots ahead and would no doubt have won it.

Played a nice course last week while on holiday. Abersoch golf course. Very tight coast line hugging course, I'd say 12 of the 18 holes were links style right next to the beach. The last 6 were tucked away behind a tree line and a little more boring, but those first 12 were great and TOUGH!

Very undualting fairways, rarely get a flat lie, lots of blind shots over hills or round doglegs.

All mistakes punished. Tight fairways, lots of water, lots of bushes and long grass, plus the wind factor. Lost 2 balls on my first 2 shots. hahaha.

Only had 6 balls on me so started to panic, but got my act together after that. Went round in 96 (27 over par), so if you forget about the nightmare start pretty much played to my 22 handicap.

John Rahm was 6 shots clear after 3 rounds and first prize was $1.5 million.

That is what I call unlucky.

i do lose a lot of interest in golf when Woods isn't involved. It can be such a dull sport with the likes of Spieth who are incredibly boring to watch

I think I will back Matt Fitzpatrick , but the way Rahm is playing lately he could win playing left handed.