The glue that keeps the 'project' on track.. | Vital Football

The glue that keeps the 'project' on track..

Spursex

Alert Team
Apparently, there are reports of Levy and Poch banging heads recently - For what it's worth (and I tend to be generally pretty accurate with these things) I'm told that couldn't be any further than the truth; in fact last night I was told by someone who I believe to be reliably well informed that they're already fully focused on summer business ...and the rest is just media spin and hype..

What's the truth? we can all believe innuendo and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some claim that all is not well yet again if we have another poorish result but let's just rely on Poch's own words - he doesn't tend to be a liar..

It was suggested that Pochettino was the glue that was holding this project together and he acknowledged that he had played his part.

"Yes because Daniel Levy trusts me and the club trusts in me to develop this project," he said. "Of course, there are plenty of my ideas here and
with my staff here, with Jesus [Perez - his assistant], Daniel, the board and everything.

"Of course, I still have three years contract here, so there’s no point to talk about that."

Media spin and hype ? ............surely not ! I didn't know such things existed .
If Poch is putting it out there that he and his staff are well trusted and respected , and it wasnt the case , it's tantamount to putting the rope around his neck, with an invite to a lever pulling party

Wasn't long ago that every time Poch spoke, the media listened. Now every time he speaks, they try to twist it. They did it after his semi-final interview and they've done it on his very next meeting with the press. How they get from that to him falling out with Levy only they know. After all, they are not called gutter press for nothing.

Good to hear that Levy and Poch are focusing on navigating the summer window. Half our squad will be on WC duty and Poch will start pre-season with half the first team squad and a chance to look at the development squad to see if any can push on. We need early signings this summer.

Was thinking earlier how Klopp would cope without the talents of van Dijk, Robertson and Henderson for most of next season. Poch has had to deal with the loss of Toby, Rose and Wanyama for most of this but nobody bats an eyelid. The difference is we've sort of coped and could still finish on 80 points.

Wasn't long ago that every time Poch spoke, the media listened. Now every time he speaks, they try to twist it. They did it after his semi-final interview and they've done it on his very next meeting with the press. How they get from that to him falling out with Levy only they know. After all, they are not called gutter press for nothing.

Good to hear that Levy and Poch are focusing on navigating the summer window. Half our squad will be on WC duty and Poch will start pre-season with half the first team squad and a chance to look at the development squad to see if any can push on. We need early signings this summer.

Was thinking earlier how Klopp would cope without the talents of van Dijk, Robertson and Henderson for most of next season. Poch has had to deal with the loss of Toby, Rose and Wanyama for most of this but nobody bats an eyelid. The difference is we've sort of coped and could still finish on 80 points.

This. The naffers still don’t take us seriously.

Can't get my head around that statement . Why shouldn't they ?
A bit of respect wouldn't go amiss , but if it sells papers ..........

The media won't change though. It's Wenger's turn today. If we are stupid enough to lose to Baggies it will be our turn again by Sunday morning. By Monday morning it will be one of Chelsea or Liverpool getting the flak even if they draw. As you say, sells papers.

To be fair we have had a load of respect and praise in recent seasons. Rightly so. This is the first time Poch has been questioned on whether he has what it takes to go to the next level. After 4 seasons it's totally understandable.

To be fair we have had a load of respect and praise in recent seasons. Rightly so. This is the first time Poch has been questioned on whether he has what it takes to go to the next level. After 4 seasons it's totally understandable.

There really is only one higher level and that's to win domestic silverware or the Premier League.

The gulf in financial resources is vast - sometimes too vast for the average fan to understand the impact.

Can we bridge that gulf anytime soon?

Unless we have a confluence of dynamics such as Leicester enjoyed, I think it's very difficult to see it happening soon.

But we're in that mix now where pundit and fan alike expect it - and so that puts us in with a chance of doing just that.

There really is only one higher level and that's to win domestic silverware or the Premier League.

The gulf in financial resources is vast - sometimes too vast for the average fan to understand the impact.

Can we bridge that gulf anytime soon?

Unless we have a confluence of dynamics such as Leicester enjoyed, I think it's very difficult to see it happening soon.

But we're in that mix now where pundit and fan alike expect it - and so that puts us in with a chance of doing just that.

Big summer ahead. I hope our transfer team has improved. We can't afford another average summer like last year.

Big summer ahead. I hope our transfer team has improved. We can't afford another average summer like last year.

As you know, it's been a complete change in leadership and structure - let's hope that they can deliver the players Poch wants and we need.