The future ........ | Page 3 | Vital Football

The future ........

You're still missing the point John. He's not meant to get in the team every week. He's meant to be there to help the younger players develop.

By the way, whenever he has got in the team, he's always given his all, and done OK.

You're still missing the point John. He's not meant to get in the team every week. He's meant to be there to help the younger players develop.

By the way, whenever he has got in the team, he's always given his all, and done OK.
Should be youth team coach then....... Think hes More of Cooks buddy

Should be youth team coach then....... Think hes More of Cooks buddy

Why can't he be helping James, Robinson, Kipre, Dunkley, Naismith, Evans, Windass, Baningime, Cole ? ......... plus, the Dev squad also train with the First team too.

He's not there as a coach. He's there as a senior pro. Why such a downer on him?

Why can't he be helping James, Robinson, Kipre, Dunkley, Naismith, Evans, Windass, Baningime, Cole ? ......... plus, the Dev squad also train with the First team too.

He's not there as a coach. He's there as a senior pro. Why such a downer on him?
Im not downing him as you say i just think we need players fighting for a first team place not ones happy to be bench warming

Im not downing him as you say i just think we need players fighting for a first team place not ones happy to be bench warming
Some folk seem a bit obtuse when it comes to the workings of a football squad! Robert's experience is priceless when it comes to nurturing young talent! If you read what Reece James says about him you soon realise that the younger players look up to him and learn more from him than anyone else, I'm afraid your ignorance of this fact is obvious!

Some folk seem a bit obtuse when it comes to the workings of a football squad! Robert's experience is priceless when it comes to nurturing young talent! If you read what Reece James says about him you soon realise that the younger players look up to him and learn more from him than anyone else, I'm afraid your ignorance of this fact is obvious!
Don't believe Reece James has anything to learn in a footballing sense from any of our players or our management team for that matter.

And you would know

ITS like you said its not a must win game tomorrow ,,,, Shows what you know about football if you dont think thats a must win game

ITS like you said its not a must win game tomorrow ,,,, Shows what you know about football if you dont think thats a must win game
If we win and the other teams win then there is no change,if we draw and the other teams draw there is no change,if we lose and the other teams lose then there is no change! So it is a case of matching the teams below us ,just shows what YOU know about football !!

If we win and the other teams win then there is no change,if we draw and the other teams draw there is no change,if we lose and the other teams lose then there is no change! So it is a case of matching the teams below us ,just shows what YOU know about football !!
lets hope we win then

The reaction of some people on here just shows how clueless they are in the running of a football club.
Just to suit their anti-Cook agenda.
A good experienced player, without an ego who helps the younger players and is a character in the dressing room is essential

Just seen the England U17 squad announced on twitter, and aside from Chelsea,, Arsenal and City, the only other team with two lads in is us.

Joe Gelhardt and Jensen Weir. Well done lads....... and the coaches....... Superb.
?

I'd love to know some of the details of what happens at the academy to know how we've managed to finally develope such a promising crop of young players after virtually none in a decade. It can't just be coincidence to find this crop at once - must be some good work going on by Rioch and his team.

I read a cracking article recently about the Academy which said that the only reason we're Cat 3 is the absence of an indoor facility.

Rioch also mentioned how supportive Cook and especially Jackson have been.

He also said that the plan to abandon the reserves, and instead to loan out players failed miserably ........ hence the reinstatement of the reserves (Dev squad).

Bodes well for the future......... just need to find 'em game time in the 1st XI some time soon.

It says the only thing stopping us getting Category 1 status is the lack of indoor facilities. Surely if that was the case we'd be Category 2. There must be something else.

To be fair KDZ, as I understand it, until Roberto kicked it off, there'd been little drive for it.

Then of course, there was the delay in getting planning permission for Wrightington...... then Charnock Dick was bought......... only to be sidelined once Euxton became available.

In amongst this, though I'm sure the Academy was always on the agenda, it will have played second fiddle to the needs of the senior squad.

To be fair KDZ, as I understand it, until Roberto kicked it off, there'd been little drive for it.

Then of course, there was the delay in getting planning permission for Wrightington...... then Charnock Dick was bought......... only to be sidelined once Euxton became available.

In amongst this, though I'm sure the Academy was always on the agenda, it will have played second fiddle to the needs of the senior squad.

That is the issue though it has always played second fiddle to other things, considering the cost of running it would be minimal compared to the Prem income - for example we spent 3.5m on Crusat and then never played him yet that money would probably have kept the accdemy running for at least 3 or 4 years or so - it seemed crazy that wasn't the first thing we got sorted after promotion under Jewell. It's a case of making hay when the sun shined.