The Future of Football | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Future of Football

I am sure this will endear them to our friends in UEFA (not).

The influence of the American owners at these clubs is becoming more evident daily. I think they are seizing on the disruption caused by the pandemic to agitate for these changes. Disaster Capitalists masquerading as owners of football clubs.

On a side note ......nowhere does the article mention when it references 'restructuring English football' are Gary Neville's vested interests as the owner of Salford City FC. Not a lot of transparency there.

(Similarly, it would be in Sky's interest I am sure, to foster this disruption given they can currently broadcast zero European club games)

I am sure this will endear them to our friends in UEFA (not).

The influence of the American owners at these clubs is becoming more evident daily. I think they are seizing on the disruption caused by the pandemic to agitate for these changes. Disaster Capitalists masquerading as owners of football clubs.

On a side note ......nowhere does the article mention when it references 'restructuring English football' are Gary Neville's vested interests as the owner of Salford City FC. Not a lot of transparency there.

(Similarly, it would be in Sky's interest I am sure, to foster this disruption given they can currently broadcast zero European club games)
This has been on the table for decades, but will UK teams be allowed in outside the EU. Fans can stop this, by just staying away, if fans would want to.

Martin nails it yet again
The first round was to soften everyone up, but this is serious grab for power and money and will end up as a shit fight between FIFA and EUFA. The fans are the only people than can kill it stone dead, no doubt our owners are on side for an elite leauge, unless I hear to the contrary.

Quite right. I wouldn’t watch it.
I think it goes to show how insecure these debt ridden clubs are and that UEFA should take note of the real trouble makers.

the premier league is not a two club league but the FA have pampered to these two club instead of acknowledging that since City came into the mix this league has been more popular than ever coincidence I think not

Tut tut :wagging:

I am glad City's name does not appear in this debacle - can you imagine the xenophobic vitriol that would have been forthcoming at this "upstart club backed buy wealthy foreign oil types" who are "trying to destroy our national game"?

As it stands because it is the Old Guard the media have been fairly reluctant to stick the boot in IMO.

Tut tut :wagging:

I am glad City's name does not appear in this debacle - can you imagine the xenophobic vitriol that would have been forthcoming at this "upstart club backed buy wealthy foreign oil types" who are "trying to destroy our national game"?

As it stands because it is the Old Guard the media have been fairly reluctant to stick the boot in IMO.
I don't see how they would try to involve City because they have tried on more than one occasion with the hateful 9, so City would have been not consulted initially