The FSF Premier League Network Meeting......... | Vital Football

The FSF Premier League Network Meeting.........

Redalwaysablade

Vital Reserves Team
As Members of the FSF, Sheffield United's Supporters Club received an invite to attend this Meeting, myself and a Collegue, SUDS Rep, in this case,duly attended, most, if not all Premier League Clubs had representatives there, some really interesting and concerning issues were discussed, mainly around European Domestic Cup Competition qualification issues and the potential Financial implications thereof, alongside assurances that the Group (FSF) would continue campaigning for more concessions on Away ticket Pricing.

These were the real Key issues, I will try and formulate a more detailed outline later as I decipher the notes I took last night. We need a voice at these sorts of Fans Groups, which did also include a European Fans organization too.......Wasn't aware of such a body previously.

Some of the people there seem quite influential with their respective Clubs, with Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham and Watford seemingly keen to put some of the points discussed to Senior People at their respective Clubs.

The FSF are putting together a strategy for a Campaign to put to the Authorities, particularly the PL, who, it seems, are reluctant to give direct answers at this Time.........

I'm tipping SSN running a live interview with Redders, camera focuses on our President,sat in his comfy armchair, addressing the nation,much like Harry S Truman

Here are some points from the Meeting.
Proposals for change to European Competition.......Champions League 32 Teams, Europa League 32 teams plus Europa League 2 of 64 clubs. Note these proposals are some way off (2024), but the implications could be far reaching.....eg A reduction in Premier League size, 18 or even 16 Teams.

Champions League to be 4 groups of 8 teams with weekend fixtures....These would have an effect on F A Cup and League Cup. Possible loss of League Cup, due to fixture congestion. European League to be Saturday fixtures.

Possible reduction of Monies, as much as £100 Million, meaning less money for the Lower Leagues, estimated effect on upwards of 25 Clubs.

As stated these proposals are some way off, but the group unanimously decided to stand together on behalf of the ‘Football Family’ and formulate a considered response.

More to follow as this evolves......

Here are some points from the Meeting.
Proposals for change to European Competition.......Champions League 32 Teams, Europa League 32 teams plus Europa League 2 of 64 clubs. Note these proposals are some way off (2024), but the implications could be far reaching.....eg A reduction in Premier League size, 18 or even 16 Teams.

Champions League to be 4 groups of 8 teams with weekend fixtures....These would have an effect on F A Cup and League Cup. Possible loss of League Cup, due to fixture congestion. European League to be Saturday fixtures.

Possible reduction of Monies, as much as £100 Million, meaning less money for the Lower Leagues, estimated effect on upwards of 25 Clubs.

As stated these proposals are some way off, but the group unanimously decided to stand together on behalf of the ‘Football Family’ and formulate a considered response.

More to follow as this evolves......

Frightening some of these proposals,not happy.