The Formula 1 Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

The Formula 1 Thread

The salty messages aimed at Lewis can only be for 2 reasons. Either because he's British or he's black. I hope it's the first and not the other. What really gets me is these Brits who are having a go. I remember Wimbledon a few years ago when Brits in the crowd were supporting the likes of Sampras when he was playing against Tim Henman.

I suspect the former in the vast majority of cases. Personally, I don’t particularly like Lewis in terms of his personality, I’ve never warmed to him - but all I see is a (very talented) racing driver, whether he’s black, white, brown, green, or whatever. He’s actually mixed race, but it doesn’t matter.

I never liked Schumey either in the same way, he was white. Potentially we might be heading into a situation where if you aren’t a fan of someone who is black you get called racist even if it has nothing to do with it.

He is a truly exceptional driver, credit where it’s due though.

Last edited:
Red Bull are the Chelsea and Man Citeh of F1. All plastic and buying into it. No history like say Mercedes, Aston Martin and McLaren. There is something really unlikeable about the whole team and their ethos. Horner typifies them. Look at the shabby way they treated their second drivers recently.

I suspect the former in the vast majority of cases. Personally, I don’t particularly like Lewis in terms of his personality, I’ve never warmed to him - but all I see is a (very talented) racing driver, whether he’s black, white, brown, green, or whatever. He’s actually mixed race, but it doesn’t matter.

I never liked Schumey either in the same way, he was white. Potentially we might be heading into a situation where if you aren’t a fan of someone who is black you get called racist even if it has nothing to do with it.

He is a truly exceptional driver, credit where it’s due though.

I hate Tiger Woods, with a passion, and get accused of being racist for doing so. Actually, it's because no other golfer gets any coverage when he's playing, not his skin colour, but some people are very binary.

LeClerc impresses me more and more, and not just his driving.

"It is a racing incident. It is quite difficult to put the blame on one or the other.

"There was space on the inside. Maybe Lewis was not completely at the apex but it is also true Max was quite aggressive on the outside. Things happen. The most important today is Max is unharmed and is fine."

Bottas collides with both Red Bull at the 1st corner. Verstappen down to 13th. Race stopped while they clear the debris. A quiet start.