The Formula 1 Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Formula 1 Thread

Great race from Charles Leclerc today, and massive credit to him in dedicating his maiden race win to Anthoine Hubert.

As Lewis was reeling him in towards the end, I actually was rooting for Leclerc to hold him off. Maybe one more lap and Lewis might have had him, but really pleased for CL on a very difficult and emotional occasion.
If Hamilton’s pit stop had been 2.5 seconds instead of 3.5s like Ferrari’s he could have caught him on the final lap. Amazing to think such small margins make such a big difference

Agreed David. Just one nut not going in properly costing just one second.

Amazing.

Four consecutive pole positions for Charles Leclerc :clap:

Outstanding form and a great chance of another win tomorrow. Lewis in P2, splitting the Ferraris.

great one-two for Merc today. Something about Vettel I've never been able to take to, and the way he leapfrogged Leclerc sums him up really. So did chuckle when he pulled up with engine failure!

Vettel looked like he was driving well and would have won if it wasn’t for the car breaking down, he was unlucky so maybe he won the sympathy vote with driver of the day.

Leclerc is a bit of a whinger though, wants a free pass on his team mate because it “wasn’t fair” that he’d been done him at the start because of the slipstream?

Seemed to me that Ferrari deliberately sabotaged Vettel by keeping him out too long and having a suspiciously longer pit stop which allowed Leclerc to jump him.

Fair play to Hamilton though, kept out of any danger but was lurking behind waiting for an opportunity - he got it when the VSC came out but you’ve still got to be there to take the chance. Looks like he’s all but won the title again now.

Was a good race to be fair, although Merc did mess up somewhat with the strategy for Lewis.

This means Merc have now won 6 consecutive doubles, which is more than any other F1 team ever. Amazing to think when Lewis moved from McLaren people were saying he was making a huge mistake and would struggle to win anything.

Lewis Hamilton wins the Mexico Grand Prix. Vettel 2nd, Bottas 3rd.

Lewis forced to wait until the United States GP to confirm his next World Championship.

Was shocked they were praising Verstappen yesterday, he's a dangerous driver in my humble.