The Formula 1 Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

The Formula 1 Thread

Great comeback drive from Lewis. He deserved the penalty, you can't just knock your main rival out of the race even if it was partially just a racing incident.

Both of the drivers took a gamble and Hamilton got the luck, maybe it was an educated gamble from Hamilton whereas the arrogance of Verstappen didn't believe someone would risk taking him on. Verstappen's entire career is based around his reputation of overly aggressive driving, it's about time someone played him at his own game.

Well done Lewis Hamiton on a brilliant drive.:wahey:

I've taken more notice of this race and formula 1, in general, today on social media, etc, and I'm taken back by so many English people slagging off another English person just because of an allegiance to Ferrari, etc plus the ones who just don't like the bloke full stop.

Personally, I find him a well-spoken man who talks well about what he believes in and he's an English world champion and is a great driver.

Haters always gonna hate I guess:shake:

I've taken more notice of this race and formula 1, in general, today on social media, etc, and I'm taken back by so many English people slagging off another English person just because of an allegiance to Ferrari, etc plus the ones who just don't like the bloke full stop.

Personally, I find him a well-spoken man who talks well about what he believes in and he's an English world champion and is a great driver.

I'm not a fan of Lewis the man but he really is a top top driver and he's one of ours, the cars made here are just funded by Mercedes.
To me, if you have the inside line into a corner the bloke turns into you.
Max is a hothead so is Lewis. Max will be world champion at some point no doubt in my mind.
World champs don't yield that's why they are world champs

Sad isn't it? I can't help but think some of them at least, don't like him for one reason. If so, very sad indeed.

Horner was hilarious, so salty, 'I hope Lewis is happy with himself.'

He's just won, I'm sure he is!

You can't live by the sword, and expect not to (figuratively) not be prepared to 'die' by the sword. Max is the most aggressive driver I've seen in years. They showed a few examples of where Lewis had to concede to him in a 50/50 (Imola being one) but he doesn't ever concede.

Hope they are able to calm it down just slightly, we want thrilling races, no tragedies.

Hamilton missed the apex, but there was still room for him, until Max turned in. Is a place really worth a certain coming together?

Hamilton forced his hand, and used his aggression against him.

Hamilton missed the apex, but there was still room for him, until Max turned in. Is a place really worth a certain coming together?

Hamilton forced his hand and used his aggression against him.
It would suit Max to take both cars out, Lewis couldn't afford to lose any more ground and Max thought he'd back out but World champions and arguably the best ever don't back out that's why they win

The salty messages aimed at Lewis can only be for 2 reasons. Either because he's British or he's black. I hope it's the first and not the other. What really gets me is these Brits who are having a go. I remember Wimbledon a few years ago when Brits in the crowd were supporting the likes of Sampras when he was playing against Tim Henman.

I personally thought the 10 second penalty was harsh as its not like you have a decision to make travelling at that spped under so much pressure.

Verstappen is clearly coming across the track towatds the Mercedes surely Vestappen has to take some of the blame or its just a racing incident..... Does Hamilton HAVE to cut the apex to allow someone to overtake him or can he "Hold the racing line"

All very strange.