The Formula 1 Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

The Formula 1 Thread

Yes he did but I think his anger got the better of him and he seemed to lose concentration as a result.

He did.
Max was always going to pass him, that wasn't in doubt. But he made a mistake and Max got past earlier than he should have done therefore getting to Lewis quicker. Could have been the difference.

Last edited:
Bottas has been angry for a long time now. Watch the last series of Drive to Survive . He wasn't a happy bunny last season. Not up to the job individually as a driver but has been perfect for Mercedes as a team because he is not good enough to challenge Lewis but locks out the front row and therefore the constructors championship. Last season as well he was shown up by Russell when he stood in for Lewis.

Bottas time at Mercedes is at an end. Even more so now they have a double challenge from Red Bull in the form of Max and Perez.

Last edited:
I can't understand why Mercedes don't bring Hamilton in for a tyre change and go for the fastest lap as there's no way he's catching Verstappen.

I see Mercedes are claiming that Red Bull have found another 15 bhp from their Honda engines but are not allowed to touch them once the season has started.

Red Bull are claiming it's due to their rear wing.

Another Ferrari scandal maybe?

I see Mercedes are claiming that Red Bull have found another 15 bhp from their Honda engines but are not allowed to touch them once the season has started.

Red Bull are claiming it's due to their rear wing.

Another Ferrari scandal maybe?
You do wonder. It's a remarkable change from last season isn't it? Mercedes have looked like a mid-table outfit in comparison, although they are no saints themselves I'm sure.

15ps would make next to feck all difference, with the power those cars put out. About as much as Lewis going for a poo before the start
Whatever Honda have done has sure made it a closer thing, which is good
I love Honda engines they are a thing of wonder, beautiful bits of engineering . Everything looks as if it was meant to be there and not an afterthought

15ps would make next to feck all difference, with the power those cars put out. About as much as Lewis going for a poo before the start
Whatever Honda have done has sure made it a closer thing, which is good
I love Honda engines they are a thing of wonder, beautiful bits of engineering . Everything looks as if it was meant to be there and not an afterthought

Yes Honda do make fantastic engines. Just a shame that the majority of their cars in the UK are driven by slow pensioners.

It’s all to do with the rule changes and development needed for next season. Mercedes are not developing their car this season and there will be no extras . Red Bull meanwhile are developing and adding to this seasons car hence leaving Mercedes seemingly behind . When you consider this it’s not such a mystery and conspiracy of wrong doing.

Yes Honda do make fantastic engines. Just a shame that the majority of their cars in the UK are driven by slow pensioners.

Yes, I even saw an 18 plate Type R driven by a bloke older than me the other day. On of the fastest rd cars going and he's doing 45 in a 60.
Jap Engines are very good, we just have been brainwashed by the Germans, seems it's spilled over into F1. Not that Mercedes F1 is very German

Yes, I even saw an 18 plate Type R driven by a bloke older than me the other day. On of the fastest rd cars going and he's doing 45 in a 60.
Jap Engines are very good, we just have been brainwashed by the Germans, seems it's spilled over into F1. Not that Mercedes F1 is very German

There's an old guy by me, must be over 80 who drives a BMW 135i. He never seems to go above 25mph. The salesman who sold it him must have been desperate to hit his target that day.