The Formula 1 Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Formula 1 Thread

I'm not convinced at all by Ferrari so far, despite their advantage in pre-season testing. And in the races so far, I think Leclerc has performed better than Vettel on race day - he seems to be getting more from the car than the German, although Vettel is obviously qualifying better.

Mercedes seem to have an answer for everything so far, and long may it continue!

Reading a few reports this morning, Mercedes are getting it almost 100% right, and Ferrari keep making small mistakes.

The margins are so small.

Yes thought the Ferrari tyre strategy with Leclerc yesterday was a dog's dinner, for instance.

Also, I am not enamoured of the Ferrari car design (ie colour scheme) this season - don't like that matte scarlet, nor the preposterous black 'tiger' markings on the body behind the driver's head. Nasty.

Hilarious comments from Vettel regarding the Mercedes dominance.

"Boring, isn't it?" Vettel said. "So boring. It's not just four races. It has been four years, more or less."

How many years in a row did you win both the championship and constructors with Red bull Seb?

Yes that’s right four years .:lol:

Hilarious comments from Vettel regarding the Mercedes dominance.

"Boring, isn't it?" Vettel said. "So boring. It's not just four races. It has been four years, more or less."

How many years in a row did you win both the championship and constructors with Red bull Seb?

Yes that’s right four years .:lol:

He's a twat isn't he? How many fuck ups did he make last year which gifted Mercedes the points? :clown:

Another fiasco for Ferrari as Vettel effectively knocks out Leclerc in Q1 - Leclerc in the garage as Vettel sets the fastest lap and relegated CL to 16th. Leclerc needed another flying lap.

Oops. Very amateurish from Ferrari to be honest.

Hamilton manages to win at Monaco holding off Vestappen on poor tyres.

Classic defensive driving on narrow streets. Maybe an investigation after a coming together in the last lap or two though.

Hamilton manages to win at Monaco holding off Vestappen on poor tyres.

Classic defensive driving on narrow streets. Maybe an investigation after a coming together in the last lap or two though.

Superb drive from Lewis there. That coming together was all on Verstappen, trying just a bit too hard. No harm no foul for me.

It is an awful race.

There, I've said it.

Just a procession usually, little to no overtaking opportunities, you wait for the odd mistake or pitlane drama.

Glad the most hyped race of the season is over.

It is an awful race.

There, I've said it.

Just a procession usually, little to no overtaking opportunities, you wait for the odd mistake or pitlane drama.

Glad the most hyped race of the season is over.

Lol. Yeah, but if you were offered a free ticket and travel to get there though ?:hmmm:

Is this a bad time to say I went, many years ago? It was an experience.

As for the race, I found it fascinating. Every single corner in the last 20 laps I was on the edge of my seat, hoping Hamilton had enough grip to get round it. If they had put on hrad tyres the element of jeopardy would have disappeared.

Of course Melon, and sounds great Heath. But as races go (not the experience which I am sure is head and shoulders above the others) it is poor!